We are a Train Wreck!How much more can Members/Supporters Take

dees64

We are offiially a train wreck & in Crisis!

1. Cannot compete on the feild worst team going around!
  2. Coach out of his depth
  3. Drafting deplorable
  4. Development of players terrible
  5. No respect shown to senior players eg Junor,Green,Rivers,Moloney
  6. Senior players exodus
  7. Possible 2 number 1 picks will have left the club
  8. Guilty of tanking
  9. Look guilty of lying re Dank association
  10. Possible more sanctions/fines

Why would anyone want to be at this club?

I agree if we cant get real leaders at our club mainly off field we are looking at becoming Fitzroy or south melbourne. I always try to see the positives but at the moment there is nothing to be positive about. We will be lucky to get 10000 at the mcg tomorrow.

No one is forcing anyone to stay at gunpoint.

Sick of this train of thought.

Soft Eggs, as Barn Dee calls it.

Onyer bikes.

Love me, love my dog of a club.

Nearly came to blows with a Hawks footy nut that had suggestions for me/AFL about what to do with us.

We have 70 Afghans coming to see their first game of footy tomorrow, courtesy of MFC.

If you see them at the G say hello , shake hands.

They might be able to tell you about what a real problem is.

So you can just enjoy the footy.

Edited by Biffen
  • Like 18

She's a mess no doubt!

Hard to really know where to start.

Completely implausible to think the club could go from being a a financial bus crash off field, with many areas of the club completely behind the rest of the competition, to contending in a short period of time.

Things aren't that easy, and perhaps the change was too rapid, and desire to get there so great that some fundamentals have been missing in the management of the club.

The loss of the great man can't be underestimated either.

Regardless of the media, it isn't all doom and gloom, and things on field can turn quickly.

If we were 3-0 the little stories wouldn't even be getting a run at present (recovery session report, Jack Watts performance, coach comments re: MFC vs GWS, etc etc

We are an easy target because we are losing, and because of a couple of stupid decisions re: tanking and lack of accurate disclosure to the AFL on Dank involement.

I'm staying positive.................the wheel will turn.

The critical thing now is that the replacement of key staff at the club is done in the right manner, and the right people are put in place to take the club forward again.

• Like 2

Yep, it's all too hard for some.

Lucky those 108 Aussie diggers took a different approach when they confronted 1,500 to 2,000 advancing North Vietnamese soldiers at Long Tan.

Show some mettle for Christ's sake.

All you need to do is actually support the club and the players - it's not war. Surely that's not too hard.

Geez there are a lot of drama queens here.

• Like 11

3. Drafting deplorable
  6. Senior players exodus
  8. Guilty of tanking

You forgot point 11. The sky is falling in!

Onyer bikes.

Nearly came to blows with a Hawks footy nut that had suggestions for me/AFL about what to do with us.

We have 70 Afghans coming to see their first game of footy tomorrow, courtesy of MFC.

Takes a lot for me to like one of Bif's posts, but this is one is top notch and I raise my glass to you pal.

• Like 2

I still support the MFC till the day i die.

But we need the Best People to run the place.

It is our time. Other clubs have had assistance with club rebuilds.

Now it is the turn of the MFC.

the old boys can start leaving on monday.

Edited by why you little
  • Like 1

I'm 55% with you and 45% against your line of thought, Biff.
Having lived in a developing country, I was amazed at how much people get pizzed off about peripheral matters. Footy is a game. It's not real life as Juddy said.

However... I hate seeing advantage being squandered and hard work being undone. I also hate when I have contributed to something and my contribution is pizzed away. Sure, my contribution is membership fees and it isn't as great as others but it is something nonetheless. I also think I have a pretty good BS detector and I don't like it when people try to pizz down my back and tell me it's raining.

3. Drafting deplorable
  6. Senior players exodus
  8. Guilty of tanking

3. GWS's star recruits were Israel Folau and Tom Scully.

7. Gary Ablett left Geelong. Chris Judd left WCE. Tom Scully left us. Hardly in the same league really.

8. We weren't actually.

9. "Look guilty" - hardly a sophisticated approach. The underlying factual evidence disclosed to date suggests otherwise. But, then again, some prefer ABC's Radio National in the morning. Others prefer Channel 7's Sunrise.

Edited by Ron Burgundy
  • Like 1

I really hope that peter jackson will identify the cause of alot of these problems and at least give us direction in his time at the club

People start posts like this because they care and share the same concerns that most of us have for our club. we all have to understand thatour club is in serious trouble and if we cant get the right people to run our club we may well become a former club of the afl. The afl has put there person in our club, the afl was gravely concerned that they put Peter Jackson in place, this was before the dank and taylor issues came to light. We are a huge afl issue and every supporter, past player and current players and officials need to do there bit to pull us out of tgus 6 year rut.

People start posts like this because they care and share the same concerns that most of us have for our club. we all have to understand thatour club is in serious trouble and if we cant get the right people to run our club we may well become a former club of the afl. The afl has put there person in our club, the afl was gravely concerned that they put Peter Jackson in place, this was before the dank and taylor issues came to light. We are a huge afl issue and every supporter, past player and current players and officials need to do there bit to pull us out of tgus 6 year rut.

It appears to me that the board and Don dont seem to realise how critical the situation is Come on Don tell us the truth all of it whats the problem its getting worse and worse and spin wont fix it any more

I have no problems with a thread like this.

It is time we all faced up to the absolute truth.

The club we all love has been run very badly on & off the field.

I don't care about reasons or excuses. The facts are what we now have.

We must demand better people as members.

It can turn around very quickly.

At least now we know why there is no love for the jumper, the players were sh!t scared since February.

We need a new Captain (1) who can inspire his team.

• Like 1

She's a mess no doubt!

Hard to really know where to start. start running the Club as a Footy club...

Completely implausible to think the club could go from being a a financial bus crash off field, with many areas of the club completely behind the rest of the competition, to contending in a short period of time.

Things aren't that easy, and perhaps the change was too rapid, and desire to get there so great that some fundamentals have been missing in the management of the club. people are becoming impatient because these generations are more educated & with a rebels make it happen attitude.

The loss of the great man can't be underestimated either. absolutely, our unifying & Unstuffying force.

Regardless of the media, it isn't all doom and gloom, and things on field can turn quickly. agreed, but that may paper over the cracks of 45 Yrs.

If we were 3-0 the little stories wouldn't even be getting a run at present (recovery session report, Jack Watts performance, coach comments re: MFC vs GWS, etc etc

We are an easy target because we are losing, and because of a couple of stupid decisions re: tanking and lack of accurate disclosure to the AFL on Dank involement. we are an easy target because of our history of the past 45 yrs, & all the footy world knows we are getting serious, but still can't get it right.

I'm staying positive.................the wheel will turn. we do need to change how the club is run. we missed a massive opportunity re the Olympic Pool centre.

The critical thing now is that the replacement of key staff at the club is done in the right manner, and the right people are put in place to take the club forward again. I don't think we need too much change, but we need footy acumen at the highest levels, to balance out the pragmatic accountants. & we need to make the club Inclusive again, by setting up a Training/Social Hub for the Melbourne People.

3. Drafting deplorable
  6. Senior players exodus
  8. Guilty of tanking

Take it easy...9 and 10 all conjecture and here say at this point. NUmber 8...most sides tanked so no big deal. Points 2-6 are pretty spot on. Neeld may have been a suitable Casey Coach...maybe! My impression after watching some replays is the players aren't interested and are getting away with murder. Potentila young guns Viney and Toumpass have no mentor to follow. Yes Junior left way too early. Seeing the likes of Yze, Green, Rivers, Petterd(starring at Tigers) , Moloney(blitzing at Brisbane)...well it's terribly disheartening.

What to do? A messiah of sorts is certainly required from CEO, Coach and Captain.

IMO we already have the Captain in Mitch Clark with VC's Sylvia and Jones. How about Sheedy for CEO with Rodney Eade as Coach. Players now would have something to aspire to and "potentials" some reason to to change clubs and come to Melbourne.

3. GWS's star recruits were Israel Folau and Tom Scully.

7. Gary Ablett left Geelong. Chris Judd left WCE. Tom Scully left us. Hardly in the same league really.

8. Actually, this is factually wrong.

9. "Look guilty" - hardly a sophisticated approach. The underlying factual evidence disclosed to date suggests otherwise. But, then again, some prefer ABC's Radio National in the morning. Others prefer Channel 7's Sunrise.

What's Sunrise like these days Ron?

Onyer bikes.

So true Biffen. Imagine if some of these blokes followed teams other than Celtic or Rangers in the Scottish League. It is what it is and come along for the ride or find a safe club that can grant you some fake glory. Didn't know about the Afghan boys coming along tomorrow. Brilliant. Maybe some of our disgruntled supporters can bend their ear with stories of real hardship.

Onyer bikes.

Best post I've read in a long time.