Just when you thought we may have been implementing cultural change

Gorgoroth

I fear that the worst is yet to come.....

thats what Fear does, it corrodes like acid.

its Not Fear we need, its Courage & Steadfastness. to stik together & see the cleansing thru.

... there is a whole list of knowledgeable people, who have staked their reputations on what they are doing with all the information they need in front of there Eyes & Ears every day.

We need to stop reacting to the Media taking Pot shots from behind glass walls, & the opposition supporters ribbing us, suck it Up & make it happen.

We Aren't Weather Vanes !!!!

• Like 2

well said fella, strong people build strong clubs

weak gutless people build weak gutless ones

2/3 after next week

yep, theve done nothing.

we have just started late

learning is a process

winning is a result

get on big boy

I really can't be bothered, I was trying to draw out which one of the circus acts had made a return, seems there is another poster who thinks the same, I will leave him as he always is, hiding behind his keyboard, in a room by himself, laughing

No need to explain mate I am just happy you are engaging rather than ignoring. A positive outcome.

Symptomatic.

Well as someone who has an answer to everything I would come back with...

Stop treating the symptom and look for the cause.

Or even just the worse symptom...

Our legs are falling off because our brains are stuffed and you are worried why our left pinky finger is numb.

I like metaphors.

Well as someone who has an answer to everything I would come back with...

Stop treating the symptom and look for the cause.

Or even just the worse symptom...

Our legs are falling off because our brains are stuffed and you are worried why our left pinky finger is numb.

I like metaphors.

We have made so many bad choices over the last 10 years or more and we continue to make them; you can look at this as a little pinky, I look at it as a continuence of the stupidity that seems to be our club.

Our selection of recruits is as bad as any club, ever, in the history of the AFL, probably all the other club's combined, and even though we have failled to develop, there have been so many draft picks we have just stuffed up; these are just a few more.

That shows me we've learnt nothing and we will just continue to make mistakes and squander chances. Now do you get where I'm coming from; probably not but, oh! well.

Edited by RobbieF
  • Like 1

We have made so many bad choices over the last 10 years or more and we continue to make them; you can look at this as a little pinky, I look at it as a continuence of the stupidity that seems to be our club.

Our selection of recruits is as bad as any club, ever, in the history of the AFL, probably all the other club's combined, and even though we have failled to develop, there have been so many draft picks we have just stuffed up; these are just a few more.

That shows me we've learnt nothing and we will just continue to make mistakes and squander chances. Now do you get where I'm coming from; probably not but, oh! well.

RobbieF, every club clunks draft choices, it is just ours have been highlighted by most journos, Brisbane being a prime example, tried the 'moneyball' approach as well, but because in Qld they "get away with it', even Gold Coast and GWS who had an open field, all have not worked, especially the mature recruits, who have been a bit hit and miss

And one offs.....Richard Tambling at Richmond, Adelaide grabbed him as well, starring at the moment isn't he, Courtney Johns, a pet project of Sheedy at Essendon, even he gets it wrong etc etc etc

RobbieF, every club clunks draft choices, it is just ours have been highlighted by most journos, Brisbane being a prime example, tried the 'moneyball' approach as well, but because in Qld they "get away with it', even Gold Coast and GWS who had an open field, all have not worked, especially the mature recruits, who have been a bit hit and miss

And one offs.....Richard Tambling at Richmond, Adelaide grabbed him as well, starring at the moment isn't he, Courtney Johns, a pet project of Sheedy at Essendon, even he gets it wrong etc etc etc

We've turned it in to an art form; have a look at our first round/top twenty selections over the last ten years. How many of them are left?

... there have been so many draft picks we have just stuffed up; these are just a few more.

It's obvious we're getting nowhere here, but just in the interest of accuracy, of the 4 players you refer to, only one was a draft: Rodan, down amongst the dregs at pick 88.

As for the actual draft, I would suggest that as early as this weekend, round 4, we could be the only team in the AFL where all of their previous year's draft picks will have played in the first 22. (Toumpas, Viney, Terlich, Jones, Kent, Nicholson, Evans). If Kent gets selected that is ... Must be some kind of record, and credit to Viney and his team.

Edited by bing181

It's obvious we're getting nowhere here, but just in the interest of accuracy, of the 4 players you refer to, only one was a draft: Rodan, down amongst the dregs at pick 88.

As for the actual draft, I would suggest that as early as this weekend, round 4, we could be the only team in the AFL where all of their previous year's draft picks will have played in the first 22. (Toumpas, Viney, Terlich, Jones, Kent, Nicholson, Evans). If Kent gets selected that is ... Must be some kind of record, and credit to Viney and his team.

Spots on the list Bing, that's what it's all about. BTW it doesn't take a great player to make the Melbourne team at the moment, what's more important is, how many of those mentioned would get a game with any other AFL side?

Didn't we give up a compensation pick as well by taking free agents against the ones we lost?

Spots on the list Bing, that's what it's all about. BTW it doesn't take a great player to make the Melbourne team at the moment, what's more important is, how many of those mentioned would get a game with any other AFL side?

So what your really complaining about is our players who have been on the list 4 Yrs or more.

Those who are or should be in the 75 games or more bracket?

So really your complaining about the work that was done around 2008 & Prior... & the culture that has given us grief for the last 40 Yrs mostly...

So, when we finally bite that Bullet, & start to clean the crap, many go to water thinking its the same old.

Rather than visualising their home with the dirty old Carpet ripped out, prior to the new one layed & cleaned,,, & all they can see is bare floorboards.

So what your really complaining about is our players who have been on the list 4 Yrs or more.

Those who are or should be in the 75 games or more bracket?

So really your complaining about the work that was done around 2008 & Prior... & the culture that has given us grief for the last 40 Yrs mostly...

So, when we finally bite that Bullet, & start to clean the crap, many go to water thinking its the same old.

Rather than visualising their home with the dirty old Carpet ripped out, prior to the new one layed & cleaned,,, & all they can see is bare floorboards.

I'm against any player that's on the list, biding their time, getting paid, and not putting in.

All I want is for the softness to be eradicated from the club, and to be able to go to the football knowing that the players are all on board and have respect for the MCF.

I don't want the club to replace one ordinary footballer with another that's worse, I don't want us to continue to tread water I want us to swim.

I'm against any player that's on the list, biding their time, getting paid, and not putting in.

All I want is for the softness to be eradicated from the club, and to be able to go to the football knowing that the players are all on board and have respect for the MCF.

I don't want the club to replace one ordinary footballer with another that's worse, I don't want us to continue to tread water I want us to swim.

You must love Col Sylvia.

Your locally schooled boy JW will kick out the jams soon.

I like unity in tough times.

Ipso facto-hate tennis and golf .

And Brighton.

:lol:

Didn't we give up a compensation pick as well by taking free agents against the ones we lost?

Byrnes was the only FA, and there was no compo pick for him:

GEELONG

Gained: Jared Rivers

Lost: Shannon Byrnes

Compo: None

You must love Col Sylvia.

Your locally schooled boy JW will kick out the jams soon.

I like unity in tough times.

Ipso facto-hate tennis and golf .

And Brighton.

:lol:

Unity on your terms of course.

What do you think of Col, should we unite and get behind him?

Is that supposed to mean something to me?

I'm sure the people of Brighton are glad you don't like it here and hopefully never will.

Unity on your terms of course.

What do you think of Col, should we unite and get behind him?

Is that supposed to mean something to me?

I'm sure the people of Brighton are glad you don't like it here and hopefully never will.

Like JW and Col ,I have had the misfortune of being born too good looking .

I battled through my teens and shagged my way through Brighton ,overcoming tremendous odds and fake tans.

Here I stand today in the Western Suburbs ,escaping †raffic and pretence .

Unity can never be on an individuals terms.

Strong men try to understand differing points of view for the benefit of the group .

I think this is what Neeld is trying to teach.

Listen to Dermie on SEN

I've linked the tweet,

@therunhome: Dermott Brereton shares an interesting insight into the Dees culture http://t.co/x3Rxn98NGj

I don't mind being corrected here however didn't Dermie say there was half a dozen blokes with beards in the spa carrying on, my understanding is that only two beards played on Saturday Chip and Terlich. Watts and GillIes did not play a game so had no reason to have an ice bath. Who else is bearded ATM?

Byrnes was the only FA, and there was no compo pick for him:

GEELONG

Gained: Jared Rivers

Lost: Shannon Byrnes

Compo: None

I thought we were due a 3rd rounder for Moloney and Rivers (just one pick for the 2 players) and Byrnes cancelled that out. So as well as Rodan with pick 80ish Byrnes effectively cost us what ever the 3rd rounder was. Does that sound right?

I thought we were due a 3rd rounder for Moloney and Rivers (just one pick for the 2 players) and Byrnes cancelled that out. So as well as Rodan with pick 80ish Byrnes effectively cost us what ever the 3rd rounder was. Does that sound right?

There was no compo for Byrnes, so he didn't cost us any picks. We did get a third round pick for Moloney and Rivers - though we (and most observers) thought we'd get a second round pick. I suspect clubs will be a lot more wary of FA next year, as everyone was expecting better compo.

"HAWTHORN has received no compensation for losing Tom Murphy to Gold Coast and only a third-round pick for the defection of Clinton Young to Collingwood.

Murphy, Shannon Byrnes (Geelong) and Chris Knights (Adelaide) were all deemed not worthy of compensation picks by the AFL.

The Hawks gained just pick 66 for their pair of losses, while the Saints and Port were the only clubs to rejoice the AFL's announcement tonight.

St Kilda picked up pick 13 for Goddard's move to Essendon, while Port Adelaide snared picks 30 and 31 for the loss of Troy Chaplin (Port Adelaide) and Danyle Pearce (Fremantle).

West Coast was handed pick 62 for Lynch's move to the Pies, while Melbourne was given just pick 49 despite losing Jared Rivers and Brent Moloney."

Like JW and Col ,I have had the misfortune of being born too good looking .

I battled through my teens and shagged my way through Brighton ,overcoming tremendous odds and fake tans.

Here I stand today in the Western Suburbs ,escaping †raffic and pretence .

Unity can never be on an individuals terms.

Strong men try to understand differing points of view for the benefit of the group .

I think this is what Neeld is trying to teach.

And you're telling me this because....?

Did I seem like i was interested?

And you're telling me this because....?

Did I seem like i was interested?

You promised to block me.

and you probably live in Cheltenham anyway.