• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Just when you thought we may have been implementing cultural change

Gorgoroth

The long term strategy could easily be totally wrong. Have you entertained that thought?

Or do you just 'buy in' because they asked you to?

I bought in because I, like the majority of people on DL, said we should elect him.

Hell our long-term strategy may be wrong, but no use saying it might be wrong when you haven't even given it a fair chance to succeed! Doomed from the start

Short-term results aren't as important to me because compared to seeing us not have to go through this crap again.

But I guess people like you would rather expect us to be in finals right now, and if you not in finals in two years YOURE GONE... deja vu

I bought in because I, like the majority of people on DL, said we should elect him.

Hell our long-term strategy may be wrong, but no use saying it might be wrong when you haven't even given it a fair chance to succeed! Doomed from the start

Short-term results aren't as important to me because compared to seeing us not have to go through this crap again.

But I guess people like you would rather expect us to be in finals right now, and if you not in finals in two years YOURE GONE... deja vu

Don't put words into my mouth

• Like 1

Then try saying something, give alternatives, explain what is wrong with the strategy, apart from the scoreboard, which everybody accepts is not right at the moment.......just carping does nothing except give other posters opportunity to take pot shots at you....who did you want....no let me guess.....Sheedy/Roos/Malthouse......they have all been covered ad infinitum

Edited by Satyriconhome

like your positive thoughts pj. some posters dont know the value of patience. ssssshhhhhh

• Like 1

Then try saying something, give alternatives, explain what is wrong with the strategy, apart from the scoreboard, which everybody accepts is not right at the moment.......just carping does nothing except give other posters opportunity to take pot shots at you....who did you want....no let me guess.....Sheedy/Roos/Malthouse......they have all been covered ad infinitum

Read my posts #49, #69, #71 and #73 on this thread.

Absolute nothing post, yet you complain about others contributing nothiing.

I'd like to know what gives you the confidence to beleive that we are on the right track. At this stage, I think you are putting blind faith in a number of people at the club. But again, that's your decision. I have long said that Neeld has the potential of being the next Melbourne premiership coach, or the last coach of the Melbourne FC, I just didn't know which way it would go, but hoped like hell that it was the former.

In terms of me playing AFL, no, I haven't played in the top league. I have played at an elite level in other sports, and I can assure you, if you can get your sh!t sprted personally and know you are doing everything possible to get the best out of yourself, then your voice will be respected by many. If you sit back and whinge about how crap it is but aren't doing your bit, your opinion will not be respected, and so it shouldn't. This could mean that if a poster on here has been a member for more years than they can remember, and attend every game that they can, then they have every right to speak up.

As for the membership calls, I live in Queensland. I'm satisfied with the set that I've grown, and by not turning up tonight won't make them shrink in any way.

Because I have actually read/listened/watched only the facts being presented to me, not listened to the media, so called pundits, other posters on this board.......of course I may be wrong, who knows, that is the point some of us are trying to make, this is a thread started yet again on hearsay.........show me the photographs........and even if they were sitting in the spa playing with each other for half an hour..........just another excuse for posters with an agenda to bash the Club they supposedly support

I think you're having an identity crisis.

So you don't mind if we don't make finals within two years, BUT we have been under-performing over the past 6 seasons so everyone has to go... even though most of them have gone... BUT that doesn't matter - someone tell Paul Gardner he is being axed for under-performing!

Edited by PJ_12345

Personally I think Dermie is in beat up mode, as we really don't have context, but some of the reactions in this thread amaze me. Some genuinely seem to believe that a 94 point loss is a real improvement. Just think about that for a moment. 94 points. What other fanbase would actually see that as real improvement?

We have a host of problems. Across all areas of our club. Rightly or wrongly the cull of the playing list will continue, that process has already been put in place and is unstoppable now. Regime change is a bit more of a vexed question just due to the fact that every time you turn over a board you lose backers who will not return to the club. The Coach...In my view it isn't all his fault and some of the decisions he has made, which in hindsight would seem to be regrettable may be down to poor information given to him, but if we continued to be flogged, even by only 94 points, something has to give. Then what do you do with all the new staff? Any new coach will be saddled with staff that aren't his own, because we just couldn't afford to pay them all out. So again it wouldn't really be a fresh start as vestiges of the previous regime will still remain.The whole thing is just a bloody mess.

• Like 2

Mate we have been flogged three games in a row. People being a tad upset is not expecting us to be in the finals right now. I actually agree with people about stability and continual turnover is not helpful, but blimey we aren't even close to a competitive team let alone finals. At some stage if it isn't working out you cut your losses.

• Like 2

Because I have actually read/listened/watched only the facts being presented to me, not listened to the media, so called pundits, other posters on this board.......of course I may be wrong, who knows, that is the point some of us are trying to make, this is a thread started yet again on hearsay.........show me the photographs........and even if they were sitting in the spa playing with each other for half an hour..........just another excuse for posters with an agenda to bash the Club they supposedly support

Not sure what you've been watching, but so far I'm buggered if I have seen anything over the past 18 months that suggests we are on the right track. I give Neeld credit for removing some of the cancers that were on our list, but at this stage, the cons are far outweighing the pros.

Sure, some posters on here are over the top, but they are passionate. It's the ones that want to hold every person of the Club accountable for their actions that I support. For me, the days of getting juiced up over how well our preseason was, who is flying on the track, how many PBs we broke, etc etc, are over. I believe what they are saying, put I look forward to the 2 hours every weekend to provide evidence that I should believe them. After 3 rounds, I am seeing no evidence to suggest that they should be trusted. I just hope that what they tell the likes of McLardy is closer to the truth than what they tell us.

I have a feeling the only track you are on at the moment is that of the peace train. Toot toot.

• Like 3

I'd like to know what gives you the confidence to beleive that we are on the right track. At this stage, I think you are putting blind faith in a number of people at the club. But again, that's your decision. I have long said that Neeld has the potential of being the next Melbourne premiership coach, or the last coach of the Melbourne FC, I just didn't know which way it would go, but hoped like hell that it was the former.

In terms of me playing AFL, no, I haven't played in the top league. I have played at an elite level in other sports, and I can assure you, if you can get your sh!t sprted personally and know you are doing everything possible to get the best out of yourself, then your voice will be respected by many. If you sit back and whinge about how crap it is but aren't doing your bit, your opinion will not be respected, and so it shouldn't. This could mean that if a poster on here has been a member for more years than they can remember, and attend every game that they can, then they have every right to speak up.

As for the membership calls, I live in Queensland. I'm satisfied with the set that I've grown, and by not turning up tonight won't make them shrink in any way.

• "I'd like to know what gives you the confidence to beleive that we are on the right track. At this stage, I think you are putting blind faith in a number of people at the club" - No one has put blind faith into anything. We all knew what we were buying into. It was a long-term strategy.
  • "But again, that's your decision" - its the decision the majority of us made, including you when you supported him.
  • "I have long said that Neeld has the potential of being the next Melbourne premiership coach, or the last coach of the Melbourne FC, I just didn't know which way it would go, but hoped like hell that it was the former." - So MN is being written-off after two years. Last time we did that we ended up in the exact same position

All this deja vu and broken records are getting boring. I dont know why anyone would bother coaching at this club or having anything to do with it.

You are all so narrow-minded. You will elect someone for a long-term strategy to pull us out of this crap but only give him two seasons. You will all say for the MFC to draft Toumpas, but then say we made the wrong choice we should have got Wines after 3 games.

Fickle are the supporters of the MFC... or hopefully just the minority

So you don't mind if we don't make finals within two years, BUT we have been under-performing over the past 6 seasons so everyone has to go... even though most of them have gone... BUT that doesn't matter - someone tell Paul Gardner he is being axed for under-performing!

What the hell are you talking about? I made no comment about finals and don't intend to. You're trying to side-track the issue it won't work.

My original comments in this thread was about the club (from the top down) never talking about winning games. I stand by those comments.

• Like 3

Mate we have been flogged three games in a row. People being a tad upset is not expecting us to be in the finals right now. I actually agree with people about stability and continual turnover is not helpful, but blimey we aren't even close to a competitive team let alone finals. At some stage if it isn't working out you cut your losses.

Fair point. But remember in:

• 2007 we lost our first 9 games
  • 2008 we lost our first 6 games and then another consecutive 7 games
  • We won only a couple of games over 11 rounds in 2011

We have continued to cut our losses but we always wind up in the same spot. The only thing that has gone to plan is that we are debt free, but hey people are calling for the board & Don to step down.

We keep axing and nothing changes - how about we see a coach's plan mature for once and see how that goes.

Not sure what you've been watching, but so far I'm buggered if I have seen anything over the past 18 months that suggests we are on the right track. I give Neeld credit for removing some of the cancers that were on our list, but at this stage, the cons are far outweighing the pros.

Sure, some posters on here are over the top, but they are passionate. It's the ones that want to hold every person of the Club accountable for their actions that I support. For me, the days of getting juiced up over how well our preseason was, who is flying on the track, how many PBs we broke, etc etc, are over. I believe what they are saying, put I look forward to the 2 hours every weekend to provide evidence that I should believe them. After 3 rounds, I am seeing no evidence to suggest that they should be trusted. I just hope that what they tell the likes of McLardy is closer to the truth than what they tell us.

I have a feeling the only track you are on at the moment is that of the peace train. Toot toot.

You don't seem to grasp or want to believe that posters on here actually disagree with you, a trait that exists with a few posters on here,.notice you try and denigrate as well, similar to other posters...........please keep going with that I find it rather entertaining if a trifle repetitious

What cancers?.....talk about being over dramatic...you don't work iin the media do you

An explanation, I enjoyed the first half of the game on Saurday, was bitterly disappointed with what was served up in the 3rd, and throught the 4th was ok

Liked what I saw from Nathan Jones, as always for the whole game....Matt Jones, Dean Terlich, Jack Viney again, Michael Evans and Roh Bail, Col Sylvia, Aaron Davey and Mitch Clark in patches and Tom McDonald getting back to where he was last season considering most apart from Col and Tom are either new or coming back from serious injuries I have a bit of hope for the future, the defence before it died under the avalanche was holding it's own as well

I have also had the opportunity to talk to quite a few people connected to the Club myself, not through the media or second or third hand, I have listened to what they have said and I have bought into it, I may end up disappointed, who knows, but this is just footy.

That's a good choice of song, might see if we can run out to it on Sunday

"Now I've been happy lately,

thinking about the good things to come

And I believe it could be,

something good has begun

Oh I've been smiling lately,

dreaming about the world as one

some day it's going to come

Cause out on the edge of darkness,

there rides a peace train

Oh peace train take this country,

come take me home again

Now I've been smiling lately,

something good has begun

Oh peace train sounding louder

Glide on the peace train

Come on now peace train

Yes, peace train holy roller

Everyone jump upon the peace train

Come on now peace train"

Cool man

• "I'd like to know what gives you the confidence to beleive that we are on the right track. At this stage, I think you are putting blind faith in a number of people at the club" - No one has put blind faith into anything. We all knew what we were buying into. It was a long-term strategy.
  • "But again, that's your decision" - its the decision the majority of us made, including you when you supported him.
  • "I have long said that Neeld has the potential of being the next Melbourne premiership coach, or the last coach of the Melbourne FC, I just didn't know which way it would go, but hoped like hell that it was the former." - So MN is being written-off after two years. Last time we did that we ended up in the exact same position

All this deja vu and broken records are getting boring. I dont know why anyone would bother coaching at this club or having anything to do with it.

You are all so narrow-minded. You will elect someone for a long-term strategy to pull us out of this crap but only give him two seasons. You will all say for the MFC to draft Toumpas, but then say we made the wrong choice we should have got Wines after 3 games.

[censored] weak post PJ.

Firstly, the questions were directed at the other poster, but by all means, feel free to answer on his/her behalf given that they are unable to.

Secondly, you have quoted a number of things that I have not said. Here they are;

1. I did not support the recruitment of Neeld. My preference was for a tried coach.

2. I have not written Neeld off. The use of the word "hoped" was not intended in the manner in which you have highlighted. I'm no closer to knowing if he will win a flag for us or if he will drive this Club to death with what he has done in his 2 year tenure.

3. I have not commented on the Toumpas/Wines debate. I was vocal in my support for Toumpas, and this remains.

But hey, why should we let the truth get in the way of your pathetic post.

• Like 1

What the hell are you talking about? I made no comment about finals and don't intend to. You're trying to side-track the issue it won't work.

My original comments in this thread was about the club (from the top down) never talking about winning games. I stand by those comments.

No, you said:

• "The losses do matter. We have a percentage of 35. How embarrassing is that?"
  • "the facts are the facts"
  • "After the 1st game I laid the blame at everyone in our club"
  • "This is almost certainly going to be our 7th poor season in a row"
  • "You only have to look at how the team is or has been playing for proof positive. It's right before our eyes."
  • "we have a history of performing poorly. Especially in the last 6+ years"

Gee wiz - a lot of talking about performance, percentages and games

Do you stand by these comments too?

Fair point. But remember in:

• 2007 we lost our first 9 games
  • 2008 we lost our first 6 games and then another consecutive 7 games
  • We won only a couple of games over 11 rounds in 2011
We have continued to cut our losses but we always wind up in the same spot. The only thing that has gone to plan is that we are debt free, but hey people are calling for the board & Don to step down.

We keep axing and nothing changes - how about we see a coach's plan mature for once and see how that goes.

Mate we keep on making the same mistakes, that is why we have to keep on changing. I really have no idea as to what we do now, but here is what I would have done after 186.

Both coach and CEO sacked. Caretaker coach in. After due process hire CEO. New CEO starts process of hiring new coach. At end of season or where possible clear the decks of staff. In conjuction with CEO new coach hires staff.

Stay with Green as Captain and minimal changes to leadership group. New coaching regime takes a fresh look at our group for a season...then cuts the hell out of the list, changes leaders appoints new captain etc.

You don't seem to grasp or want to believe that posters on here actually disagree with you, a trait that exists with a few posters on here,.notice you try and denigrate as well, similar to other posters...........please keep going with that I find it rather entertaining if a trifle repetitious

What cancers?.....talk about being over dramatic...you don't work iin the media do you

An explanation, I enjoyed the first half of the game on Saurday, was bitterly disappointed with what was served up in the 3rd, and throught the 4th was ok

Liked what I saw from Nathan Jones, as always for the whole game....Matt Jones, Dean Terlich, Jack Viney again, Michael Evans and Roh Bail, Col Sylvia, Aaron Davey and Mitch Clark in patches and Tom McDonald getting back to where he was last season considering most apart from Col and Tom are either new or coming back from serious injuries I have a bit of hope for the future, the defence before it died under the avalanche was holding it's own as well

I have also had the opportunity to talk to quite a few people connected to the Club myself, not through the media or second or third hand, I have listened to what they have said and I have bought into it, I may end up disappointed, who knows, but this is just footy.

That's a good choice of song, might see if we can run out to it on Sunday

"Now I've been happy lately,

something good has begun

Oh I've been smiling lately,

dreaming about the world as one

some day it's going to come

Cause out on the edge of darkness,

there rides a peace train

Oh peace train take this country,

come take me home again

Now I've been smiling lately,

something good has begun

Oh peace train sounding louder

Glide on the peace train

Come on now peace train

Yes, peace train holy roller

Everyone jump upon the peace train

Come on now peace train"

Cool man

I don't give a rats if someone disagrees with me - it happens more often than not. I dislike your posts, you rarely provide anything constructive, only the constant dribble when you don't like someone complaining about certain players. You call for those posters to stop supporting the club, yet you get all teary when some bite back.

Sure, the Melbourne Football Club could do without some of it's so-called supporters (present company excluded), just like this site could do without you.

• Like 1

[censored] weak post PJ.

Firstly, the questions were directed at the other poster, but by all means, feel free to answer on his/her behalf given that they are unable to.

Secondly, you have quoted a number of things that I have not said. Here they are;

1. I did not support the recruitment of Neeld. My preference was for a tried coach.

2. I have not written Neeld off. The use of the word "hoped" was not intended in the manner in which you have highlighted. I'm no closer to knowing if he will win a flag for us or if he will drive this Club to death with what he has done in his 2 year tenure.

3. I have not commented on the Toumpas/Wines debate. I was vocal in my support for Toumpas, and this remains.

But hey, why should we let the truth get in the way of your pathetic post.

Lol so let me get this right: no one can reply to a post on DL if it's not directed at them? Bit hypocritical considering this started because you replied to a conversation between Satyriconhome and Macca.

Also Satyriconhome had already answered your post.

"Secondly, you have quoted a number of things that I have not said." - yes, yes you did say them:

I also said:

"You are all so narrow-minded... You will all say for the MFC to draft Toumpas, but then say we made the wrong choice we should have got Wines after 3 games"

I didnt say that you said that you specifically said that about Toumpas - I was saying supporters were... hence by my "all"... which people have been saying.

Ease up on the aggression. Its making you and your arguments look pretty childish.

Edited by PJ_12345

No, you said:

• "The losses do matter. We have a percentage of 35. How embarrassing is that?"
  • "the facts are the facts"
  • "After the 1st game I laid the blame at everyone in our club"
  • "This is almost certainly going to be our 7th poor season in a row"
  • "You only have to look at how the team is or has been playing for proof positive. It's right before our eyes."
  • "we have a history of performing poorly. Especially in the last 6+ years"

Gee wiz - a lot of talking about performance, percentages and games

Do you stand by these comments too?

Of course I do. I wouldn't have said it otherwise. You're trying to bring the debate to a 'Why aren't we playing finals' dumb down discussion and it won't work.

I've described a club performing in a totally abysmal way.

How do you believe the club has performed in the last 6+ years?

Stick to the facts if you can.

Of course I do. I wouldn't have said it otherwise. You're trying to bring the debate to a 'Why aren't we playing finals' dumb down discussion and it won't work.

I've described a club performing in a totally abysmal way.

How do you believe the club has performed in the last 6+ years?

Stick to the facts if you can.

I've stuck to the facts and quotes.

You said the club has performed horrible over the past 7 years. I agree, but reminded you of the length of different chances at various levels throughout the MFC over that period and that over the past 7 years we had been in a final.

You then conveniently cut that period down to 6 years and mentioned MN's strategy, and how it might be wrong. I said, how can we know its wrong and write if off before we give it a chance to mature.

I then said facetiously "But I guess people like you would rather expect us to be in finals right now, and if you not in finals in two years YOURE GONE.." because what do the past 6 years you keep talking about, and the people you want to axe have in common? We have never made finals

You're doing alot of talking about performance, percentages, games and losses for someone who has "never talked about winning games".

I'm honestly surprised this argument has gone past the point where you tried to blame the current MFC board and coaches for the past 6 years at the very start.

It's clear, you want the MFC gone from the top down. That's fine. But don't bend your argument beyond recognition, focus on a facetious statement and avoid my main argument:

Maybe its worth a go at giving someone a chance at a long-term strategy, rather than judging them on short-term results and axing them which is what we have done for the past 6 years

Edited by PJ_12345
  • Like 1

Not being naive - me mentioned that the Storm players were walking to the ice baths and they were in the spas. The MFC players could have already have hopped in them, who knows, but it was more that they were being unprofessional... by laughing and being in the baths... and that that wouldnt happen at Storm who are the best in the NRL

I think Dermott and the Storm boys point is they shouldn't have been in the spa fullstop.

• Like 2

Mate we keep on making the same mistakes, that is why we have to keep on changing. I really have no idea as to what we do now, but here is what I would have done after 186.

Both coach and CEO sacked. Caretaker coach in. After due process hire CEO. New CEO starts process of hiring new coach. At end of season or where possible clear the decks of staff. In conjuction with CEO new coach hires staff.

Stay with Green as Captain and minimal changes to leadership group. New coaching regime takes a fresh look at our group for a season...then cuts the hell out of the list, changes leaders appoints new captain etc.

You're absolutely right in that we keep on making the same mistakes and thats why we have to keep on changing.

That's why it annoys me when I see people calling top down axing of board, staff and coach.

We have done this multiple times over the past 6 seasons but nothing has changed, we are still crap.

If axing hasn't gotten us anywhere in the past then lets for once lets stick out a new coaches strategy and see how that goes instead.

Lol so let me get this right: no one can reply to a post on DL if it's not directed at them? Bit hypocritical considering this started because you replied to a conversation between Satyriconhome and Macca.

Also Satyriconhome had already answered your post.

"Secondly, you have quoted a number of things that I have not said." - yes, yes you did say them:

I also said:

"You are all so narrow-minded... You will all say for the MFC to draft Toumpas, but then say we made the wrong choice we should have got Wines after 3 games"

I didnt say that you said that you specifically said that about Toumpas - I was saying supporters were... hence by my "all"... which people have been saying.

Ease up on the aggression. Its making you and your arguments look pretty childish.

You are reading things that are simply not there.

Highlight where I said I support the hiring of Neeld.

Highlight where I said that I have written Neeld off.

Highlight where I said we should've picked Wines instead of Toumpas.

I've stuck to the facts and quotes.

You said the club has performed horrible over the past 7 years. I agree, but reminded you of the length of different chances at various levels throughout the MFC over that period and that over the past 7 years we had been in a final.

You then conveniently cut that period down to 6 years and mentioned MN's strategy, and how it might be wrong. I said, how can we know its wrong and write if off before we give it a chance to mature.

I then said facetiously "But I guess people like you would rather expect us to be in finals right now, and if you not in finals in two years YOURE GONE.." because what do the past 6 years you keep talking about, and the people you want to axe have in common? We have never made finals

You're doing alot of talking about performance, percentages, games and losses for someone who has "never talked about winning games".

I'm honestly surprised this argument has gone past the point where you tried to blame the current MFC board and coaches for the past 6 years at the very start.

It's clear, you want the MFC gone from the top down. That's fine. But don't bend your argument beyond recognition, focus on a facetious statement and avoid my main argument:

Maybe its worth a go at giving someone a chance at a long-term strategy, rather than judging them on short-term results and axing them which is what we have done for the past 6 years

You continue to miscontrue my words to try and win an argument. I'm not going to debate you if you twist my words. You keep mentioning finals and names whilst I'm holding everyone and everything to account.

The strategy I was alluding to involves everyone at the club.

• Like 1