• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

G. LYON - FOOTY CLASSIFIED

All in all a nothing show from Garry Lyon. Had nothing to offer, and it pains me to say that Loydy probably backed us more than he did by suggesting it wouldn't be a good idea to sack Neeld, that if we had won the game no one would be mentioning having a camera in for the pre-game speech (like Port Power) etc.

Ultimately what i take from it, Garry Lyon has now virtually wiped his hands of the Melbourne Football Club.

"someone else do something"- Garry Lyon.

You are out Garry, so stay out now and let "someone else" do something without you interfering for the "heroics/ego boost" it brings to you.

I can only think of Grimes (for grit) and Howe (running ability) as possible close-down-Watson options. Anyone else got any clues?

Any or all of N.Jones, M.Jones, Nicholson, Davey, Watts, Rodan, Viney, Sylvia, Blease....

Guest rednblue4life

2009 really killed us we have to stand by neeld and co. its ganna take longer then we would have liked but we will come good. need to have stability for as long as possible to repair the damage. im tipping well turn the corner half way through next season when we have a fit Clark Dawes, Hogan and more experiance in the middle with Jones Viney and tuompus Grimes and trenners.

I am however concered for these new players who just came to the club such as Hogan and Dawes thinking wat the hells wrong with this place.

Well Frickme, Ralph reckons we will be 500,000 plus down because the AFL is taking that amount off us (I heard they were going to stagger the fine!!!) and our attendance numbers will be down because we are predicted to have next to no wins in 2013. That guy Ralph should be nominated for The Pulitzer!

• Like 1

A coach has the power to end a players career. They do so on regular occasions by cutting them at the end of a season.

A player rarely talks bad about a coach whilst both are at a club. It just doesn't happen very often. A player's way of protesting about a coach is to simply not play for him or to ignore him.

I very much doubt that we will see one of our player's come out and criticize the coach publicly or privately. He could ruin his own career. As for fronting a coach behind closed doors, that might happen but we're not going to hear about it or the details.

A player either plays for a coach, plays in spite of him or does neither because he resents him. I'm not necessarily talking about our coach. The same rules apply in any club, in any sport.

Considering the results of the review and other discussions, I doubt many players will be honest about much of anything again until trust has been rebuilt. Rightly or wrongly the perception is there that all of these discussions have been used against them. Nor do I believe the players are blameless,but the whole situation was badly handled. The impression that one side won, again rightly or wrongly, when their seems to have been fault on the part of a number of parties can in no way have helped heal any of the fractures that seem to have developed.

• Like 2

It would appear that there's impetus ( perhaps more behind the scenes) to get rid of CS. I wouldn't be surprised if AFL help is dependent upon his removal without bring explicitly said. I'd have no problem with that. Would welcome it.

I've heard Caro, Neil Mitchell, Gerard Whatley among others go after Schwab today - I get the feeling if he or McLardy do not go and Neeld is sacked they will turn up the heat on Schwab beyond 11.

• Like 1

The Age tomorrow headlining: "Schwab On Thin Ice"
Written by (surprise surprise) Caro.
Link:
http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/schwab-on-thin-ice-as-sharks-circle-20130408-2hhez.html

Also Mclardy said we will welcome AFL support, but will not have an AFL administrator come run our business, which i feel is fair enough when business wise we are ok. Except for this year due to fine and predicted low attendance.
I think its important now that we try to get to as many games as we can to help curb this.
I'll be there saturday, will you?

Edited by The Song Formerly Known As

Gutless Garry... "It's time for someone else to do something...."

Thanks for everything then Garry.

Unfortunately if the so called powerbrokers are looking for others to do something, how can we expect the players to be all in. We need to give these kids a vision, something to play for, actual examples of leadership when things are tough. Too many people who profess to love the club, are either saying it is too hard for them to help or are laying the boots in without any answers or again any offers of help. It is just tragic...

Lloyd: "Egg on Mark Neeld's face because the players didn't do anything he asked"

They highlighted Neeld's pre-game address where he talked about Jobe Watson and then showed damning vision of how free Watson was all night.

What Lloyd failed to mention that around that time Jordie pulled out with a calf strain. There goes our number 1 tagger.

Lloyd was spot on. It doesn't require hope, it requires some analysis of the problems. Ie why didn't they listen to Neeld re Watson?

I'm not as down on GL as many here, but I am very conflicted and disturbed at finding myself agreeing with Matthew 'gimme a free for in the back' Lloyd. He is saying some incisive things as a commentator - I keep looking for a muppeteer hand up his back as though he is not capable of that degree of thought by himself.

Maybe he is being fed the lines by the network to pump him up as a future talent, but he was dead-on with the observation that noone in the administration is presenting any answers, and that the players did not follow a very clear instruction of Neeld's to man up on Watson.

What Lloyd failed to mention that around that time Jordie pulled out with a calf strain. There goes our number 1 tagger.

Doesn't take talent to pick a player and stay close to them. In the vision they showed NO ONE was within 5 meters of him.

• Like 1

Considering the results of the review and other discussions, I doubt many players will be honest about much of anything again until trust has been rebuilt. Rightly or wrongly the perception is there that all of these discussions have been used against them. Nor do I believe the players are blameless,but the whole situation was badly handled. The impression that one side won, again rightly or wrongly, when their seems to have been fault on the part of a number of parties can in no way have helped heal any of the fractures that seem to have developed.

Welcome to 'land Strafford and good post.

Yep. Whilst I believe that players won't generally say anything when they're involved at a club, I'm a little surprised that we haven't heard more about the players stance immediately prior to '186'. We've heard bits and pieces, hearsay and lots of innuendo but no actualities. Most of us believe the commonly held belief but if that is true, then there has to be residual effects.

8 players are gone from the club who played that day. A certain 'silence' can pervade footy clubs even after the event. It's like there's a pact to say nothing publicly. Someone might say something one day. We've only had one legitimate win since that day.

Edited by Macca
  • Like 2

Doesn't take talent to pick a player and stay close to them. In the vision they showed NO ONE was within 5 meters of him.

Its not that easy Stuie, players like Judd, Watson, Ablett, Swan, Cousins, Harvey, Cotchin, Pendlebury and others of that ilk just run all day and work that hard they break their Tag. That is what makes them great players.

Having said that still no excuses for the amount of room their players were given

Gary Lyon is like a prostitute, he [censored] you, and takes no accountability for the STDs.

He chose Neeld and now he wants someone else to do something. Well gees, I wish you stayed out two years ago.

Garry was asked by his dieing best mate to help out where he could. He did the best he could under the circumstances. I think Garry is aware of his limitations & has decided he doesn't have what it takes to be involved at an administrative level. It isn't for everyone. I understand supporters get disappointed that he isn't what they want him to be, but is that really his fault?

Its not that easy Stuie, players like Judd, Watson, Ablett, Swan, Cousins, Harvey, Cotchin, Pendlebury and others of that ilk just run all day and work that hard they break their Tag. That is what makes them great players.

Having said that still no excuses for the amount of room their players were given

Most of the examples they showed were stoppages....

Love him or hate him he has sway and is an influence at our club.

Hutchy and co. will quiz him about the Dee's tonight no doubt, so i thought i'd start a thread early on what perhaps he will say, what he should say, what he will do, what he should do etc.

Leaving it upon for us sad Demonland fanatics to discuss after what he has said during and/or after.

Could be important, but most likely will be a fizzer and no doubt i'll be wishing i had have gone to sleep instead of staying up and watching it.

(yes i know he has popped up already in other threads but this is in relation to tonight's program as we are yet to really hear from him in regard to the current crisis)

1, 2, 3 Go:

thought you had a scoop. Gary is a media personality now. End of story.

I understand I was more inferring to it not being as easy as just being fit enough to run with them and stay close. Great players need very little time it's what makes them great

I understand I was more inferring to it not being as easy as just being fit enough to run with them and stay close. Great players need very little time it's what makes them great

True, great players need little time, and he was given all the time in the world.

thought you had a scoop. Gary is a media personality now. End of story.

Certainly is now, (please look at my comment in regards to him wiping his hands of us), we shall expect no help from him anymore.

Which is fine, as its his choice.

It was the half in/half out approach he had taken that frustrated people.

• Like 1

Certainly is now, (please look at my comment in regards to him wiping his hands of us), we shall expect no help from him anymore.

Which is fine, as its his choice.

It was the half in/half out approach he had taken that frustrated people.

Half baked. He's not the only Melbourne media person to do us. G. Healy's another and not talking Greg. Connolly has also contributed.

Hate to admit it but Lloyd's hit the nail on the head. It's the lack of answers, or at the very least, any effort to search for the answers then implement them, that's the biggest concern.

Together with the sense that we're not getting the whole story.

If you're just not good enough, you get smashed by maybe 70 or 80 points. But you don't get totally obliterated by 150 unless there are serious problems within the club.

• Like 2