• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Changes v West Coast

stuie

FB: Garland Frawley Terlich

HB: Grimes McDonald Nicholson

C: Viney M Jones Trengove

HF: McKenzie Clark Kent

FF: Tapscott Howe Blease

R: Spencer N Jones Evans

I: Jetta Davey Magner

S: Bail

In: McKenzie, Kent, Tapscott, Spencer, Evans, Jetta, Magner, Bail

Out: Gillies (mystery LTI), Rodan, Byrnes, Jamar, Watts (illness *cough*), Sylvia, Sellar, Toumpas (rested)

Yes, the team may be a little short, but there's no point playing all these talls considering they're clearly NQR.

The small guys get tired but the tall guys don't get any shorter. But a spud is a spud is a spud.

Obviously this won't happen, but a man can dream.

lol! Poor Colin Sylvia... the guy just exists to torment us. Put him down back, cant be any worse than Hillybilly Gillies... Sylvia and Abraham Frawley could share a joke or two

So far this year they ARE a joke or two.... Sylvia did show ability in years past but now seems disinterested and Frawley over achieved a couple of years back but is far too slow both physically and mentally (on the field) for the game as it is now played, also looking disinterested as well... sad

IN: Bail, Dunn, Jetta, Tapscott

OUT: Gillies, Nicholson, Sellar, Toumpas

FB: Dunn, Frawley, Terlich

HB: Watts, McDonald, Grimes

C: M. Jones, N. Jones, Bail

HF: Trengove, Garland, Tapscott

FF: Howe, Clark, Byrnes

FOLL: Jamar, Sylvia, Viney

INT: Blease, Davey, Rodan

SUB: Jetta

EMERG: Evans, McKenzie, Sellar

Frawley to Kennedy

Dunn on Darling

McDonald on the resting ruckman

Grimes back to the HBF

Bail back in as a midfield tagger

Garland forward to help out Clark

Clark to be 2nd ruck support for Jamar, when this happens Howe to FF.

Trengove to play a defensive half forward role, try and make Hurn accountable and play through Trenners as much as possible.

Big games for Jamar, Sylvia and Watts where if they don't perform will be Gawn! Jamar for Gawn, Sylvia for anyone and Watts for Joel MacDonald who if fit I would have played this week.

Sellar & Gillies are depth players so we loose nothing with them making way. Nicholson's very much out of form and I'd like to see Toumpas have a month at Casey to gain some confidence.

I was dead set against this when discussed last year, but the first change I would make for this game would be to appoint Nathan Jones as Captain with Grimes as his deputy. We need an inspirational leader with the requisite level of aggression to their play... Nathan ticks the boxes.

Spot on but it won't happen, he's got tattoos and it wouldn't look good in the Long Room.

Jones, Clark and Grimes are the only leaders we have at the club at the moment.

People are still leaving Watts in their preferred teams?

All the talent in the world counts for nothing if you don't use it. See Colin Sylvia, and Watts isn't Sylvia's boot lint.

Not a defender? He's not a footballer! He's scared on the football field, he has zero intensity, no drive to play for his teammates and in turn, our club.

Sure everyone is sick of Watts "bashing" and threads turning into Watts threads, but I'm sick of soft players and waiting on potential.

You can argue that I'm wrong, that I don't know what sort of drive he has or how hard he's trying, but even if he's trying his guts out, then he's still no good.

Put him forward? Lol the ball doesn't go down there, he'd be in heaven.

Going back hasn't worked.

Medium forwards turn him inside out, he will never put his body on the line to intercept a pass....

So, a foil in the forward line is the only solution.....or delist.

IN: Bail, Dunn, Jetta, Tapscott

OUT: Gillies, Nicholson, Sellar, Toumpas

FB: Dunn, Frawley, Terlich

HB: Watts, McDonald, Grimes

C: M. Jones, N. Jones, Bail

HF: Trengove, Garland, Tapscott

FF: Howe, Clark, Byrnes

FOLL: Jamar, Sylvia, Viney

INT: Blease, Davey, Rodan

SUB: Jetta

EMERG: Evans, McKenzie, Sellar

Frawley to Kennedy

Dunn on Darling

McDonald on the resting ruckman

Grimes back to the HBF

Bail back in as a midfield tagger

Garland forward to help out Clark

Clark to be 2nd ruck support for Jamar, when this happens Howe to FF.

Trengove to play a defensive half forward role, try and make Hurn accountable and play through Trenners as much as possible.

Big games for Jamar, Sylvia and Watts where if they don't perform will be Gawn! Jamar for Gawn, Sylvia for anyone and Watts for Joel MacDonald who if fit I would have played this week.

Sellar & Gillies are depth players so we loose nothing with them making way. Nicholson's very much out of form and I'd like to see Toumpas have a month at Casey to gain some confidence.

Just interested to know what it is you think Rodan and Byrnes bring to the table; my opinion is nothing, but I'd be interested in hearing what you think.

This could apply to anyone on here that believes either should ever play for the club again, I believe they are two of the worst drafting mistakes we've ever made, another two are Gillies and Pederson. We were sucked in here and the fact we had to fight to get Pederson was laughable.

I love this team.

Run, run, run.

No point in mark, prop and kick.

Watts must play forward!!!!

Watts when moved forward made a lead which looked natural and left Fletcher for dead, he dropped the mark but would put that down to confidence, once Dawes comes in Watts can play off a flank ideally but for know say Jack you've got two weeks see how it goes

Who knows Run, Run, Run may not work but it's something different

Confidence is currently at a very low ebb and the game plan isn't working becuase we can't get our hands on the ball or at least with low confidence the players really don't want the ball. IMO maybe be best to revert with a run and carry style whilst our back are against the wall.

Play as many running players as we can and allow for Meth Coasts big forward line by playing Chippy, Garland & Pedersen as back up ruck/defence. IMO Neeld needs to bring in runners and rotate them through the middle and get the interchange rotations up to a record amount, Bail, Viney, Trenners, Sylvia, Jones x 2, Howe, Tapscott, Kent, Evans & Jetta as many as we can fit in and rotate through the middle constantly. Mckenzie if fit goes to shut down Scott Selwood, Bail can run with Shuey.

A rabbit out the hat against Meth Coast to spring surprise play on as often as we can. With Nic Nat out Cox is unable to spend as much time up forward and has been outdone in the last two outings by guys at centre bounces who have been to mobile for him. Also need to play hard guys who will give their all and attack the contest and some ball users, going to be hard to fit all the above in but desperate times boys

Jetta, Frawley, Garland

Pedersen, Tmac, Grimes

Bail, Viney, M Jones

Sylvia, Watts, Howe

Tapscott, Clark, Davey

Spencer, N.Jones, Mckenzie

Int: from Terlich, Trengove, Kent, Evans, Joel Mac & Sellar to be considered as cover in case one of our talls goes down

Toumpas maybe needs a rest

Just reread this whilst responding to Jumbo's reply and realised I left Blease out FMD when I am talking about run he has to be in, you could take a gamble and forget Sellar as back up or unfortunatley for Terlich who was okay he may have to miss out for match ups

FB: Garland Frawley Terlich

HB: Grimes McDonald Nicholson

C: Viney M Jones Trengove

HF: McKenzie Clark Kent

FF: Tapscott Howe Blease

R: Spencer N Jones Evans

I: Jetta Davey Magner

S: Bail

In: McKenzie, Kent, Tapscott, Spencer, Evans, Jetta, Magner, Bail

Out: Gillies (mystery LTI), Rodan, Byrnes, Jamar, Watts (illness *cough*), Sylvia, Sellar, Toumpas (rested)

Yes, the team may be a little short, but there's no point playing all these talls considering they're clearly NQR.

The small guys get tired but the tall guys don't get any shorter. But a spud is a spud is a spud.

Obviously this won't happen, but a man can dream.

Like your side Dr and would be more than happy to see the potato squad relegated to history.

I look at a player like Howe and wonder if he is our Nathan Fyfe but just in a [censored] side.

Terlich frawley jetta

Taggert McDonald Garland

Kent. Viney. M Jones

Bail. Spencer. Davey

Blease Clark. Howe

Gawn. Grimes. Jones

Strauss Magner Toumpas Evans

Put Dawes on long term injury list or infect Gillies with some disease, so Magner can play.

Watts and Sylvia to spend six weeks at Casey to find form and show them we are dead serious about fielding a team of competitors.

Terlich frawley jetta

Taggert McDonald Garland

Kent. Viney. M Jones

Bail. Spencer. Davey

Blease Clark. Howe

Gawn. Grimes. Jones

Strauss Magner Toumpas Evans

Put Dawes on long term injury list or infect Gillies with some disease, so Magner can play.

Watts and Sylvia to spend six weeks at Casey to find form and show them we are dead serious about fielding a team of competitors.

Gillies already has a disease.......just not sure what it's called, but it's highly bloody infectious.

For those who want the following.....

Dunn in : he's got a hammie, so 3 weeks minimum.

Watts out cos you think he's uncompetitive : he ain't alone from the last 2 weeks, but he is one of our potentially most important players, and he HAS shown this last year.In buckets. Short memories people..... It's just all about confidence. Sellar is a lesser example of this. He was reliable and efficient down back last year when he was there, and is basically a barometer of confidence.

Magner or Couch in : he's an ineligible rookie, FFS.

Nicholson out : the kid is no Brett Lovett, but he's remaining competitive whatever the situation, and there's a bare handful of them out there. I just don't get why he gets such a slagging on here.

Any of Taggert, Fitzpatrick, or Barry in : you CANNOT be serious.

We need to fix the midfield before anything. Clark to the ruck.

Puts skills and experience into the middle. We looked our best last year with him in the ruck. Spencer to provide his relief (and he'll need it, because he's not fit) because at least big Spencil looks like he gives a [censored] about the result.

Yeah, yeah "who's going to kick goals?" you say.

I reply "nobody, if we don't have any inside-50's".

Nicholson has a fair dinkum crack each week. He is hard at the ball and will compete regardless of the situation. Leave him in drop Silvia.

• Like 1

I really want Evans Jetta and Tappy in. I'd add gawn to that if he had a few more games under his belt. Nicho goes out for Jetta Tappy to play up forward and Evans to run off half back.

Just interested to know what it is you think Rodan and Byrnes bring to the table; my opinion is nothing, but I'd be interested in hearing what you think.

This could apply to anyone on here that believes either should ever play for the club again, I believe they are two of the worst drafting mistakes we've ever made, another two are Gillies and Pederson. We were sucked in here and the fact we had to fight to get Pederson was laughable.

When it comes to Rodan and Byrnes I think what they bring to the table is probably greater around the club and off the field then what it is on it. They've been recruited with a view to play 1 maybe 2 years each but help show some of our young players the ropes and how things should be done to help re-shape our culture. Pretty much what GWS did by recruting the likes of Power and McDonald last year, not so much for on field play but off field.

Anything that we get out of Byrnes and Rodan on field should be seen as a bonus really, the recruitment of them is due to our mistakes of shipping McDonald and Bruce off early. We need senior heads arounf the place. An Byrnes as a free agent and Rodan for Morton cost us nothing so I have no issue with them having been recruited.

Pedersen probably is the one that we may have paid overs for and Gillies cost us nothing as a free agent but early signs don't look to promising.