RIP Melbourne Football Club

Benson

This club is a disgrace. It is bruise free football.

Last week I was disappointed with the showing against Port. Today I am, like another poster wrote, ashamed.

I vowed to stick through all this at the end of round 1, however, after tonight, I will be posting my membership & my sons membership back to the club & my son can pick his own team to follow when he feels like it.

I will always be a Demon, but I will not let my 3yo go through what all of us go through ever season.

• Like 2

I will follow the Red and Blue for the rest of my life. But I can't see a membership renewal on the cards. I can't emotionally invest any more. I reckon I'm done. No more scarves, membership cards, attending club functions, attending with my kids etc...

It really hurts tonight.

• Like 3

Tonight I handed back my membership card to the girls at the membership tent. I asked what were the chances of the 5k ive donated to the club this year getting back to me? we all laughed. they were polite and understanding in me handing back my membership. I will not put up with it. we don't deserve it.

Remember the film 'Super 8' with Nicholas Cage? In the movie they watch an alleged snuff film only to watch another one and see the same person 'die' twice.

Don't come on here and say that 'this' is the last straw unless you genuinely mean it. I don't want to hear it.

I'm not going anywhere. My role is to remind the club that we demand more. Walking away now of all times is truly futile.

• Like 17

Yep I'm done been a member for 15 years got a young family and I ain't supporting this [censored] weak [censored] club anymore

I will never stop supporting, and I urge everyone to stick with it as [censored] as it is and as much as i could understand anyone leaving, we have all invested too much to just give it up. But there has to be massive changes, that was just [censored] ridiculous.

• Like 9

I will never stop supporting, and I urge everyone to stick with it as [censored] as it is and as much as i could understand anyone leaving, we have all invested too much to just give it up. But there has to be massive changes, that was just [censored] ridiculous.

Agree it's tough times and its hard to see any light but I'm sure it's there somewhere

• Like 1

This club is a disgrace. It is bruise free football.

Last week I was disappointed with the showing against Port. Today I am, like another poster wrote, ashamed.

I vowed to stick through all this at the end of round 1, however, after tonight, I will be posting my membership & my sons membership back to the club & my son can pick his own team to follow when he feels like it.

I will always be a Demon, but I will not let my 3yo go through what all of us go through ever season.

Hi Benson, it has been, almost totally for 35 - 40 yrs out of the collective past 49 Yrs....

the culture apart from a few years here, & a couple there has been soft & the rest of the teams have always laughed at us since the late 70's...

... we've had a spasmodic period a strong sides, but really few a far inbetween.

everytime we build up a good culture its soon withered away again, & I'm sick of it.

Get the bloody club away from the MCG socially & build a facility we can all call a Home base for supporters to get together but to mix with the players to bring the players down to earth.

... the whole club is disjointed from its core of supporters & of the members.

the players are not in contact with the fathers & sons supporters, & the likes of the kids who our Captain Jack Grimes rang the other day.. this seperation is unhealthy putting young players ego's on Northern Stand pedestals...

... there must be a social complex organised for supporters to go to to watch training, & selections, & get the grass roots people back in touch, & the players back in touch with the grass roots supporters...

the club needs to to get back in touch with the supporters, & what footy is all about!

• Like 2

I realised tonight that I'm as mentally weak as the club I support as I watched in horror at the first half. I couldn't take any more of that so went for a drive to try and clear my head but for some stupid reason kept turning the radio on to check the score. By the time I got home the game was almost done and we were 120+ points down. I was absolutely ropable and ended up getting into a major argument with my wife which I'm completely ashamed of. How mentally weak am I that I can let this club affect me in such a huge way that it jeopardises my relationship with my family. So it is for this reason that I must stop following the club, stop investing so much of my emotional happiness in the fortunes of a bunch of overpaid, pi55weak losers who have failed to inspire me and put me in a bad mood almost every winter weekend for the past 6 years.

I'm done.

• Like 5

i actually don't feel any emotional investment in melbourne anymore.

i offer to membership as a token gesture to their survival. i can't see it happening.

god knows they don't deserve it.

in many ways, i would be happier if we folded - then i could just follow football with a clean conscience - just enjoy the great games and ignore the rubbish.

no guilt, just enjoying good football.

melbournefc2013.jpg

• Like 7

I realised tonight that I'm as mentally weak as the club I support as I watched in horror at the first half. I couldn't take any more of that so went for a drive to try and clear my head but for some stupid reason kept turning the radio on to check the score. By the time I got home the game was almost done and we were 120+ points down. I was absolutely ropable and ended up getting into a major argument with my wife which I'm completely ashamed of. How mentally weak am I that I can let this club affect me in such a huge way that it jeopardises my relationship with my family. So it is for this reason that I must stop following the club, stop investing so much of my emotional happiness in the fortunes of a bunch of overpaid, pi55weak losers who have failed to inspire me and put me in a bad mood almost every winter weekend for the past 6 years.

I'm done.

That's the issue. The supporters are showing more passion towards the club than the players.

• Like 1