McLardy, Schwab and Co must go

Muvver Jones

Are we going to hear from CS in the next few days, or will our fearless warrior leader just stay in his office, come on old great one, hold a media conference and fill us with your wisdom.

• Like 1

Surely throwing admin and Board into the same boat is not helpful.

The fact is, I don't see a massive groundswell of people putting their hands up to take on the presidency and Board positions at this club. So it's all very well to say the Board should go, but competent and credible alternative volunteers would be needed. In fact not volunteers, every Board members dips into his/her own pocket to support the club.

With Admin, the difference is I am confident that credible alternatives could fill paid admin positions - because there are people whose job it is to fill professional positions. That's not to say that I think it should happen, but at least it could happen.

Are we going to hear from CS in the next few days, or will our fearless warrior leader just stay in his office, come on old great one, hold a media conference and fill us with your wisdom.

I can already tell you what he'll say;

"That's realistically it. That's what it means for us. There will be another game the next week where we can bounce back if we lose the first two."

Mclardy is in denial.

This worse than I thought.

Morons run this club

I'm talkin about revolution.

Yep. Listening to him on the Footy Show he has no idea and is in far, far over his head. I wasn't sure about him and thought he'd be worth persisting with but that interview gave me no confidence in him whatsoever. His comments on Schwab prove the divisions within the club - this is a CLUB yet there is a fracture between the on and off field components both literally and figuratively. Edited by Dr. Gonzo
  • Like 1

McLardy is definitely in denial - his comments on the Footy Show were an unbelievable defence of MN, CS and the Board.

We need a real clean out of this lot before we even think of doing anything about the playing list!

Edited by Hardnut

Ok I didn't / haven't yet seen McLardy's interview. I'm not a fan with how he handled the tanking situation, I'm not much of a fan of Cameron Schwab and I don't know if Mark Neeld can coach. But seriously, what did people expect him to do when interviewed - say one of them is not up to scratch? Even if he thinks that he's never going to say it in an interview on the footy show the day after a 150pt loss. That would be even more destabilising.

From the outside, there is a cancer within the club. There are good people (players and admin ppl) trying their guts out and yet we're going backwards.

There needs to be change but not simply change for changes sake - not just to keep us supporters / the media / football world satisified that "X has been sacked and so Melbourne must be doing something".

I watched Neeld's pregame speech... it wasn't inspiring to me. But realistically does anyone think that the pregame speeches from other coaches these days would be much different? Gone are the days that coaches revved the team up - it's a different game now and so coaches have to be clinical in getting the message through (admitted it didn't get through).

For me the jury is out on Mark Neeld but the fact that we were so poor under Bailey, interim coaches (even at the end of Daniher's reign) makes me think this is not really about the coach.

The so called "Moneyball" recruiting looks like a terrible strategy... but do we really think that with Martin, Gys, Moloney, Pettard etc we would be much different this year? And drafting a number of speculative kids was not going to help us in the short term either.

Without really knowing what's going on (as most of us here) I'd rather see changes from the top of the admin - McLardy, Schwab etc than Neeld. But I don't see anyone putting their hands up and can't imagine why anyone would want to.

• Like 1

How about getting practical for a minute.

That was virtually a full-strength side last night. Which players would you actually bring in to improve that side? Dunn and Dawes were the only best 22 players not playing. You can't send them all back to Casey to find some form. The players have to take some pride in their performance and some responsibility for a 148 point loss.

For people wanting to sack Neeld, which coach would you bring in? No big name proven coach (e.g Rodney Eade, Paul Roos) would have any interest in coming to coach this side in the state it is in. Proven coaches let other people do the dirty work first and then take over when the list is ready to contend. And how are you going to find the money to pay out Neeld's contract? How is the club going afford a big name coach, they don't work pro bono! And for those who want to clear away the line coaches, who are you going to find to do those jobs 2 games into the season? Anyone who is decent was hired during the offseason.

To the people who want Schwab gone, how are you going to find the cash to pay out his contract? Tell me who you are going to replace him with? Do you think that the AFL is going to help out and cough up one of their best administrators when they've just lost a bunch of their best executive talent in the offseason?

To the people who want a board spill, where is the ticket that is ready to mount a challenge? The board stays until successfully challenged or people resign. If you're that worked up about the performance of the board, get a ticket together by all means.

You will have to work with what you have for the meantime. This situation is absolutely terrible and I wish it were different, but the people are who are currently in this mess are the people who need to get the club out of this mess. If there are internal divisions that are causing strife, then the divided parties needs to be locked in the boardroom and they need to thrash it out, like normal people would do.

I love the club as much as everyone else around here, but demanding that we put all of these heads on spears outside the palace gates right now is going to solve nothing. It would probably create more instability and worse on-field performances.

Hardnut, you've got about 20 years more wisdom than me, how do we inact the cleanout.

Do we start the process of forming a new ticket?

How do we sack this mob?

I'm not ignoring you Tona - I'm giving it a lot of thought and to be honest I don't have a simple answer. I've never seen a similar situation where a group like this keeps protecting each other and ignoring their constituents. (Even our PM can't get away with that!)

• Like 1

Im still not convinced that the board and admin mob are the problem.

Yes they are responsible.

They took an assistant coach and an experienced mentor and provided facilities and support staff,

Dont know what they are doing have done in private but they need to do a little more publically

perhaps that was the point of the pre game cover

Unfortunately this seemed to me to show a coach with little to offer and players with little interest in the message

I have not criticised Neeld but am beginning to think hes not up to it.

How the Board and the CEO handle it will tell if they are up to it

I do not support wholsale sacking and dismissal.

Revolution does need to have some structure and organisation. So alternatives must be prepared

I havent seen an orderley and comprehensible identification of "THE Problem" I think there are many parts to it.

obviously we are not winning games and our players abilities are deplorable . That to me seems the first problem to address

• Like 1

Thought this was interesting in Caro's latest hit piece - anyone able to expand on this I seem to remember it being discussed when Schwab's contract was extended. If we can get rid of him without paying out the entire contract that would be a massive win for the club.

"Last year the CEO was re-signed on a four-year contract but that contract has a six-month termination clause."

http://m.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/schwab-on-thin-ice-as-sharks-circle-20130408-2hhez.html

Edited by Dr. Gonzo

Now it's revealed in the Hun we're set for a $1M loss this year. Gee lucky Schwab's a great administrator and great at the financial side of things or he'd be in a heckuva lot of trouble. I guess he can always put his hand out to the supporters for more donations and then give them the cold shoulder when it doesn't suit. Fancy having to mix with the rank and file, how are they going to help him climb the ladder?

The comments from McLardy in this article are equally disgraceful;

"Maybe the issue is the football department and the talent on our playing list and we are just not getting them to perform," he said.

Does he even understand that his comments put a further wedge between the admin and the footy dept? This is a CLUB we are all in it together start taking some bloody responsibility and stop deflecting.

I'm also worried with the composition of the board, not one footy person on there. McLardy says "And people suggest we should get someone from the AFL to come in and tell us how to run our business." Ah, Don, it's not a business, it's a footy club. Maybe that's a major part of your problem problem right there.

This bunch are wildly incompetent and really have to go before they do irreparable damage to the club.

http://mobile.news.com.au/sport/afl/melbournes-massive-losses-and-tank-fine-go-straight-to-the-clubs-bottom-line/story-fndv8pdq-1226615247188

Edited by Dr. Gonzo
  • Like 1

Now it's revealed in the Hun we're set for a $1M loss this year. Gee lucky Schwab's a great administrator and great at the financial side of things or he'd be in a heckuva lot of trouble. I guess he can always put his hand out to the supporters for more donations and then give them the cold shoulder when it doesn't suit. Fancy having to mix with the rank and file, how are they going to help him climb the ladder?

The comments from McLardy in this article are equally disgraceful;

"Maybe the issue is the football department and the talent on our playing list and we are just not getting them to perform," he said.

Does he even understand that his comments put a further wedge between the admin and the footy dept? This is a CLUB we are all in it together start taking some bloody responsibility and stop deflecting.

I'm also worried with the composition of the board, not one footy person on there. McLardy says "And people suggest we should get someone from the AFL to come in and tell us how to run our business." Ah, Don, it's not a business, it's a footy club. Maybe that's a major part of your problem problem right there.

This bunch are wildly incompetent and really have to go before they do irreparable damage to the club.

http://mobile.news.com.au/sport/afl/melbournes-massive-losses-and-tank-fine-go-straight-to-the-clubs-bottom-line/story-fndv8pdq-1226615247188

I couldn't believe he said that. It sounds like Don and the board are attempting to distance themselves from this mess even more. Don, you can't do that. You and the CEO are smack bang in the middle of this.

• Like 1

This bunch are wildly incompetent and really have to go before they do irreparable damage to the club.http://mobile.news.com.au/sport/afl/melbournes-massive-losses-and-tank-fine-go-straight-to-the-clubs-bottom-line/story-fndv8pdq-1226615247188

Greg Healy has been the Football Director for quite some time now.

Greg Healy has been the Football Director for quite some time now.

Is this a board position though? If so I stand corrected however he was not mentioned by McLardy in the article. Even so that is only 1 and still represents a dearth of "footy people" on the board.

Do any of you revolutionaries ever ask yourselves why Caro wants CS sacked? Do you think it's because she has the interests of the MFC at heart? I'm reluctant to join her parade because she has been lose with the truth and she has bagged our Club and our reputation beyond my tolerance!