Interesting Team

Redleg

Mohr Warnock Silvagni

Cheney Rivers Bennell

Morton Thompson Gysberts

McLean Martin

Petterd

Jolly Moloney Scully

These are former MFC players and one Casey player currently at other clubs. I am sure I have forgotten some others.

Mohr Warnock

Rivers Bennell

Morton McLean Gysberts

Martin

Petterd

Jolly Moloney Scully

These are former MFC players and one Casey player currently at other clubs. I am sure I have forgotten some others.

Scott Thompson

Moloney, Rivers and Gysberts are the 3 with potential to hurt us.

Moloney and Rivers obviously walked and could play very well for their new sides.

Gysberts was traded and again I think it was the right move but highly rated midfielders who haven't had the time/work effort to develop their bodies can still end up good players. Imagine if Essendon got rid of Watson a few years ago and he popped up at another club. Even Sam Blease was looking like never making it last year and now we all love him. I remember something Grant Thomas once said in that he delisted Guerra mainly to send a message to the young saints that mediocre isn't good enough knowing fair well they had Milne and had other talents as small pockets. Clarkson swooped and got himself a trusty defender and the rest is history. On the balance of probabilities I'm not sure how much Gysberts has in him regardless of effort, if he doesn't get fit, strong and clean up his disposal he'll just be a plodder with decent hands, but again he could be our version of Guerra.

We'd take McLean back on the books for free but the deal was fine.

Obviously Scott Thompson wanted to go home and there isn't/wasn't a melbourne supporter who wouldn't loved to have kept him but that's the way it goes sometimes.

Oh and if anything this thread highlights what went wrong from 2010 to 2012 where we were looking the goods but it all fell in a heap. In 2010 Bennell and Petterd looked like future quality players on respective flanks, Martin was a great athlete capable of being a special talent as a back up ruck but more than anything the midfield of Moloney, Scully, Morton and Gysberts looked to form part of a generation that would take us somewhere. 2 years later and they are all gone.

Edited by the master

Some decent players, some not.

Not to be rude, but what's the point being made?

This is a genuine question. What is interesting about it? There are alot of bunnies in that team, not enough collective quality to mourn over I wouldn't have thought. All clubs have players move on in varying circumstances.

Jack Hannath [he was training with us so nearly an ex]

Some decent players, some not.

Not to be rude, but what's the point being made?

I was only interested to see how many former MFC players were currently on other lists. Getting close to a full team. I am not sure if any other club has more of its former players on other club lists. Make of it what you will.

• Like 1

Interesting that Petterd cannot crack Richmond's top 25 even as an emergency!

He has a groin strain.....so if we must have inane topics like this one, can we make sure we are across all the facts

You have the right not to read it if it is too inane for you.

For what it is worth I thought it might be interesting to see if we could make up a team of former MFC players playing at other clubs. When I say Interesting I don't mean of course "Interesting to Everyone."

You have the right not to read it if it is too inane for you.

For what it is worth I thought it might be interesting to see if we could make up a team of former MFC players playing at other clubs. When I say Interesting I don't mean of course "Interesting to Everyone."

I read it to see if any posters said anything interesting, inane in we are a couple of days out from a new season and it lists players who no longer play for MFC, a bit of hairshirt wearing again?

Gysberts was traded and again I think it was the right move but highly rated midfielders who haven't had the time/work effort to develop their bodies can still end up good players. Imagine if Essendon got rid of Watson a few years ago and he popped up at another club. Even Sam Blease was looking like never making it last year and now we all love him. I remember something Grant Thomas once said in that he delisted Guerra mainly to send a message to the young saints that mediocre isn't good enough knowing fair well they had Milne and had other talents as small pockets. Clarkson swooped and got himself a trusty defender and the rest is history. On the balance of probabilities I'm not sure how much Gysberts has in him regardless of effort, if he doesn't get fit, strong and clean up his disposal he'll just be a plodder with decent hands, but again he could be our version of Guerra.

A strange comparison - Guerra isn't exactly a gun...even Steven Armstrong has won a premiership. Gysberts, along with a few of the recent (with the notable exception of Rivers) are guys that the club didn't want, who didn't fit the ethos that (from coach down) is trying to be implemented. Players come in, players go out...Gys may have success, but the move is still the right one.

Melbourne's issue has been player development and the list is indicative of that. Rivers and Scott Thompson are probably the only guys in the top team who would deserve a spot in any of the top 10 teams come finals time

• Like 1