Neeld on SEN this morning

Pates

I reckon we all have similar views

Started with this

Does it matter if he impresses me NO

does it matter if he impresses Caroline Wilson NO

it only matters if he impresses the Team

Then again

As part of the supporting team I need to be impressed to reinforce his impression on the players.

As I have said I am eagerly awaiting the match day situations.

So far everything Neeld has done has seemed OK

BUT

We really need some wins.

Im excited and really want to be impressed

I think I understand where your at OD

Just watched the first episode of "the Coach's Office" for 2013 on MFC web site

I know what MN's problem is.

He has a bloody Apple computer.

There is no way back from there!

• Like 5

Good to see the sense of humour has returned OD really got a laugh out of that

Are you stuck in the 90's/early 2000's?

Anyone know what Tim Watson muttered when Neeld was prompted about the Sheedy remarks on Buddy?

It sounded like he said "thats Trengove" under his breath..Around the 7 minute mark of the interview.

http://www.sen.com.au/audioplayer/Audio/Melbourne-coach-Mark-Neeld/7454

Yes, I thought Watson said "thats Trengove" when Neeld was talking about being able to keep players at a Club. I would love to know what he meant by that. Is Sheedy going to target Jack at the end of the year because there is no way that Buddy will be joining the hillbilly team.

Are you stuck in the 90's/early 2000's?

I have just returned one that did not work properly

They are not without fault they just ignore the problem and then it does not exist

What if you're not good enough to win?

Doesn't mean we shouldn't be talking about winning. Other teams talk about winning even when they're garbage. It's been nothing short of depressing having everyone try to temper expectations when they're already clearly low,

Doesn't mean we shouldn't be talking about winning. Other teams talk about winning even when they're garbage. It's been nothing short of depressing having everyone try to temper expectations when they're already clearly low,

I agree, we heard this all with Bailey. Supporters aren't stupid, they know things will take time, we just want to occasionally hear some positive talk.

• Like 1

Just for a bit of contrast, here's a direct quote from Bulldogs President Peter Gordon at their season launch:

"We've come off a tough year, and we'll face more challenges this year and in the future. We have the polarised issues of an ageing, and yet a very young list, and a shortage in between. In some games we might struggle to score freely. We've made some mistakes along the way, and we're gonna make some more. When we lose games, even if we lose sometimes by a substantial margin, and we sometimes will, I want our people, especially our coach and our captain, to look the press and the cameras in the eye for that game and say, 'we weren't good enough today, we're fighting on'.."

So for all the talk of reality buses and tempering expectations, be thankful no-one is resigned to losing games by significant margins.

Yes, I thought Watson said "thats Trengove" when Neeld was talking about being able to keep players at a Club. I would love to know what he meant by that. Is Sheedy going to target Jack at the end of the year because there is no way that Buddy will be joining the hillbilly team.

Well Trengove is contracted till the end of 2015 so I doubt sheedy will be arround to try.

I'm sick of this load of [censored] coming out of the club. Garland, Schwab and now Neeld. Can we actually talk about winning games of footy? Please?

Winning is what happens when everything else is in place. It's not something you do per se, it's a result of something you do. You can't just go out and, you know, just ... win. For me, nothing could be better than to hear Neeld say "we're putting everything in place to get the boys to where they need to be", and I'd much rather that than "yeah, we're going to win xx games this year".

There's a big difference between winning, and building a winning culture. There are a few shortcuts to the former, but not the latter, and it's obvious which path the club is taking.

The wins will come. In time.

• Like 2

Winning is what happens when everything else is in place. It's not something you do per se, it's a result of something you do. You can't just go out and, you know, just ... win. For me, nothing could be better than to hear Neeld say "we're putting everything in place to get the boys to where they need to be", and I'd much rather that than "yeah, we're going to win xx games this year".

There's a big difference between winning, and building a winning culture. There are a few shortcuts to the former, but not the latter, and it's obvious which path the club is taking.

The wins will come. In time.

Bing ,this is a classic post ,almost our mantra .

"Patience is a virtue" and all that .

Sure hope we dont play that way .

• Like 1

We still need to Bunker down was the impression i got.

Things were obviously so bad 2 years ago....

I shake my head that it was let to get so bad....

It's the golden rule of politics is it not? When taking over the job emphasize what a mess you've inherited, thereby giving you more time fix things and look better in the process.

Unlike some here, I like the way MN, NC and DM are building the club, and yes it will take another year of solid pre-season to take us to another step but it is worth it, I would like to be playing finals football every year and we might even snag a flag, and that is better than just getting there one year and not the next that is just as hard as we are now.

These three know how to build a club and if anyone here thinks they don't then you don't know much on how a successful football club is really built. We were that far behind all the other clubs fitness wise, skill wise and to a lesser extent smart football brains.

Yes we are all disappointed that it is taking another coach to come in and start again but by hell this time the Board and the football department are all on the same page no player running to the board, no board members talking to the players and that is because everyone knows there role and that is what the players are learning.

So we now go into another year not knowing what to expect, and I for one will not go on the amount of wins but how we we compete when the chips are down, which players dig in and play their role, who steps up and goes harder even more, and when you get 22 players doing the same thing that's when clubs become successful for long periods of time.

• Like 5

Neeld is far more Media savvy than some here give him credit for. I pulled into the car wash just as the SEN interview went to air. I was already running a little late, but I sat there and focused on the interview. Neeld, once again, gave the impression of a true professional who is pleased with the restructure of the team, pleased with the football department for enabling us to select close to best 22 (25) and quietly confident that the results will come. He is an impressive leader and I'm backing him... end of story!

• Like 3

Unlike some here, I like the way MN, NC and DM are building the club, and yes it will take another year of solid pre-season to take us to another step but it is worth it, I would like to be playing finals football every year and we might even snag a flag, and that is better than just getting there one year and not the next that is just as hard as we are now

These three know how to build a club and if anyone here thinks they don't then you don't know much on how a successful football club is really built. We were that far behind all the other clubs fitness wise, skill wise and to a lesser extent smart football brains.

Yes we are all disappointed that it is taking another coach to come in and start again but by hell this time the Board and the football department are all on the same page no player running to the board, no board members talking to the players and that is because everyone knows there role and that is what the players are learning.

So we now go into another year not knowing what to expect, and I for one will not go on the amount of wins but how we we compete when the chips are down, which players dig in and play their role, who steps up and goes harder even more, and when you get 22 players doing the same thing that's when clubs become successful for long periods of time.

Are you sure all three know how to build a club? For instance, Adelaide has done very well since it got rid of NC. And this year, I don't want to go on 'chips are down' performances. I want to judge it on wins. If Neeld has decided upon a moneyball approach in part, I think it's fair to look to some immediate improvement in the form of victories. I'm optimistic that there will be more successes so I don't mean to pick faults in your argument. I just don't think we can say that the last blokes knew nothing but these new blokes know everything. We say that to comfort ourselves. But it's not true.

• Like 2

In under a hundred hours we'll be discussing the potential of our team to succeed this year based on watching players playing footy on a footy field in a competition with four premiership points up for grab. It will make a refreshing change from analysing and over-analysing the tone and subtext of every comment made by members of the MFC football department in the media.

• Like 3

Be careful what you wish for! Lets hope it's not a longer season proper and you find yourself wishing for the summer days of speculation and counter speculation!

• Like 1

Are you sure all three know how to build a club? For instance, Adelaide has done very well since it got rid of NC. And this year, I don't want to go on 'chips are down' performances. I want to judge it on wins. If Neeld has decided upon a moneyball approach in part, I think it's fair to look to some immediate improvement in the form of victories. I'm optimistic that there will be more successes so I don't mean to pick faults in your argument. I just don't think we can say that the last blokes knew nothing but these new blokes know everything. We say that to comfort ourselves. But it's not true.

Well NC had said himself that he properly stayed one year to many but they were a well drilled and disciplined side so Sanderson did not have to drill that into them, as for MN don't think Malthouse would have made him his right hand man for nothing and as for DM his record speaks for itself, the swans and the saints both played a hard running game and during his time they had a majority of there senior players out on the park all the time and they were wildly recognised as one of the fittest sides going around at that time.

I believe that prior to them coming to the club the football club the boards did not know how to run a successful football club more so the football department and what was needed, you only have to look at the setup of the football department now compared to past years.

I have an old saying " if you want to change a culture you have to show them the culture" that is what they are doing.

• Like 1