More home games in Darwin coming...

stuie

I am just not so sure why people think that sponsorship and getting money into the club is such an easy and natural thing and just happens.

The heart says - lets play every single game at the "G".

Unfortunately the head knows that we need revenue streams and wth Darwin we will make good money - the payoff ? playing games up in the NT.

We can say the Tassie and the Hawks is nothing like what we are doing but it is exactly what we are doing - additional revenue streams at the expense of travel - tassie being a bit closer and possibility of trying weather conditions - but having watched the Tassie games the conditions in winter are trying to say the least.

Well done on the Dees trying to corner a market.

• Like 3

I think that is all talk to get the owners of Etihad to take a better deal and give over ownership to the AFL.

Punt Rd is the only the MFC would be happy with (outside of a boutique Stadium at Casey) and that is going to cost alot of money and is complicated by space issues and Richmond's growing facilities.

I think that is all talk to get the owners of Etihad to take a better deal and give over ownership to the AFL.

Punt Rd is the only the MFC would be happy with (outside of a boutique Stadium at Casey) and that is going to cost alot of money and is complicated by space issues and Richmond's growing facilities.

Punt road is the only problem with Punt road, no room if they keep the current ground. Anyway, let them develop PP like Elliot tried years back and Carlton can have it for their home games.

Sounds like Waverley all over again...

Edited by rjay

NT Tourism have signed on as a second tier corporate partner sponsor. This deal could prove lucrative and the good work done in the NT by the club over the last few years including the heat training/9-day Darwin camp is somewhat significant.

If we play two games up there, as someone else said, take the game away from Etihad and put it up there. Make sure it's lucrative short term. Then review after a year or two.

HT, I strongly believe, and have said on this forum in the past, that this should've been our angle when trying to crack the Chinese/Asian market.

In today's climate, if we are going to places like the NT and China with the intention of making $$$, it makes the job a lot easier if we can show we are doing things within the local community, rather than just searching for a quick buck.

The work we have done in the NT community has seen the signing of NT Tourism. The hard work is now starting to pay dividends, and if we manage this right, it will be a sustainable income stream for us over the coming decades. We MUST make sure we don't rest on our laurels up there, especially now that we are seeing a financial reward.

It is a very similar story with the onfield section of the club. Put in the hard yards now, and sucess will come. As a club, we want to make sure that when we get there, that we work even harder to ensure that it is sustained success.

• Like 2

I am just not so sure why people think that sponsorship and getting money into the club is such an easy and natural thing and just happens.

The heart says - lets play every single game at the "G".

Unfortunately the head knows that we need revenue streams and wth Darwin we will make good money - the payoff ? playing games up in the NT.

We can say the Tassie and the Hawks is nothing like what we are doing but it is exactly what we are doing - additional revenue streams at the expense of travel - tassie being a bit closer and possibility of trying weather conditions - but having watched the Tassie games the conditions in winter are trying to say the least.

Well done on the Dees trying to corner a market.

Spot on nutbean, never ceases to amaze me that so many dees supporters think selling sposerships for the MFC is easy.

I am in sales and it would be in the bottom couple in the AFl.

Darwin here we come!!

Edited by old dee
  • Like 1

Carlton will be stoked. Easier ti muscle in on the 'G and remove us slowly from home.

Sorry 2 games is not good up there. Too hot and just puts us further from the top clubs.

The talks tomorrow are critical.

And we thought that about the Hawks when they started playing 5 games in Tassie, Ian Dicker was innovative and that is why the Hawks moved on quickly from the failed merger. 2 games in NT if fixtured correctly with Byes after and the Casey moves are brave & innovative.

Small steps

• Like 1

Spot on hardtack, never seems to amaze me that some many dees supporters think selling sposerships for the MFC is easy.

I am in sales and it would be in the bottom couple in the AFl.

Darwin here we come!!

I often get mistaken for nutbean... seems he has the same problem? ;-)

Sorry hardtack I have corrected my mistake.

It is just that you are in a warm spot in my heart mate!!!!!!!!!

Yeah yeah, sure.... anyway, hope there might be a possibility to catch up with a few (your good self included of course) next week when I and my son come down for the Port game (fingers crossed and hoping that they have a training run at Goschs on the Saturday).

Edited by hardtack

When we don't hear reports that the players lost 8kg in a game and we can successfully win games the next week then I might start to agree that it's not too hot. Even then there is the travel factor.<br /><br />The extra money from the Darwin games might mean we can go from 11th on footy department spending to top 8 but we won't be getting the wins from it and will be spending a bunch of the money on Darwin costs.<br /><br />This is commercial taking. Just like how we lost games to try and get better players to win games now we are losing games to try and get more money to win games. We should focus on winning now.

• Like 1

Yeah yeah, sure.... anyway, hope there might be a possibility to catch up with a few (your good self included of course) next week when I and my son come down for the Port game (fingers crossed and hoping that they have a training run at Goschs on the Saturday).

i am cut to the quick that you doubt me hardtack.

Punt road is the only problem with Punt road, no room if they keep the current ground. Anyway, let them develop PP like Elliot tried years back and Carlton can have it for their home games.

Sounds like Waverley all over again...

Thats just it, Carlton won't stay at Princes park to play games, except against teams like Port. It'll be Us & the Roos & Dogs who play @ Princes park.

Stop the Princes Park development.

# It would be much better to develop either the Western Bulldogs ground, thats next to Footscray station, or to build the Docklands Precinct stadium next to the North Melbourne station. http://www.majorprojects.vic.gov.au/our-projects/our-current-projects/e-gate

# stadium: http://www.pta.com.au/web/?page_id=3884

• Like 1

When we don't hear reports that the players lost 8kg in a game and we can successfully win games the next week then I might start to agree that it's not too hot. Even then there is the travel factor.<br /><br />The extra money from the Darwin games might mean we can go from 11th on footy department spending to top 8 but we won't be getting the wins from it and will be spending a bunch of the money on Darwin costs.<br /><br />This is commercial taking. Just like how we lost games to try and get better players to win games now we are losing games to try and get more money to win games. We should focus on winning now.

So it's too hot, it's too far, and we will lose games because of it?

Not good enough.

As HG said - it doesn't have to be played in oppressive heat, interstate teams travel 10 times a season across the country, and decent fixturing will give the players plenty of time to recover.

It's like going to Perth - except for the fact that it's our home game, we don't have to lose money at Etihad, and we get $500k for our trouble.

When have you heard that players have lost 8kg during games in the dry season? I'm not talking the training in summer(humid), I'm talking the games? Absolute rubbish.

We will start winning games the following week when we are better, at the moment we are a bad football team, good sides win on the road then back it up, at the moment we're not a good side.

• Like 3

Sorry hardtack I have corrected my mistake.

It is just that you are in a warm spot in my heart mate!!!!!!!!!

and by extension..so am I !...thanks old dee..

(Hardtack - brudders by a different mudder)

• Like 1

So it's too hot, it's too far, and we will lose games because of it?

Not good enough.

As HG said - it doesn't have to be played in oppressive heat, interstate teams travel 10 times a season across the country, and decent fixturing will give the players plenty of time to recover.

It's like going to Perth - except for the fact that it's our home game, we don't have to lose money at Etihad, and we get $500k for our trouble.

Yes rpfc

The problem of winning is the same problem we have at Etihad, Gabba, Gold coast, Adelaide, Perth and the MCG.

Not enough good players is the problem not the bloody ground / city we play in.

I Have said this 50 times When the west coast have had good teams they win any where and when their teams have not been good they struggle.

IMO it is that simple.

If there is good money to be made in Darwin lets play there, my only disappointment is that it is only 2 games PA.

When have you heard that players have lost 8kg during games in the dry season? I'm not talking the training in summer(humid), I'm talking the games? Absolute rubbish.

We will start winning games the following week when we are better, at the moment we are a bad football team, good sides win on the road then back it up, at the moment we're not a good side.

Hallelujah someone else has seen the light

IF we are guarranteed that the 2nd Trip to Darwin means 1 less "Home" game at Etihad then i can live with it (almost) but if we lose a home MCG game and still have to honour an AFL agreement by playing 2 Home fixtures at the Dome, i will not be happy.

Yes short term we make some $$$ but long term we will again be a nomad. Carlton will take our place even if it takes a decade.

Walking on potentially dangerous grounds..Why?

I do not trust the AFL.

• Like 2