NAB CUP 2: PORT ADELAIDE

Whispering_Jack

Why Deez Nutz? How'd be play?

Kicked the supergoal late in the 4th to get Port back into the game and kicked another goal not long after, finished with 3 for the day and 23 disposals.

Just reminded me about all the hype that got built up around Boak last year due to him coming out of contract and how much better (and younger) Hartlett looked.

A team starving for midfielders with cash to throw around could certainly do a lot worse than Hamish.

• Like 2

Kicked the supergoal late in the 4th to get Port back into the game and kicked another goal not long after, finished with 3 for the day and 23 disposals.

Just reminded me about all the hype that got built up around Boak last year due to him coming out of contract and how much better (and younger) Hartlett looked.

A team starving for midfielders with cash to throw around could certainly do a lot worse than Hamish.

Interesting but unlikely.

However as I remember him, he was a classy, largely outside mid who could use the footy. his type would help.

Also from the AFL website:

INJURIES

Melbourne: Nil

Wow-things are already better than last year.

We won with fewer possessions,more tackles,more clearances,centre bounces, less inside 50s and less marks inside fifty.

Looks like we are being coached not to murder the ball too much.

Sellar and Magner, who I consider battlers, may be on the up.

The others in the best are Nifty , Pickles and Tappy as well as Col.

Most of these guys were injured this time last year.

All sports require some luck.

All we've ever had is bad.

Hats off to Misson for the injury list being so small.

• Like 3

Sounds like a great effort from the fringes and kids.

Would like to see how we go full strength against StK...

It's hard to take a great deal out of a game that goes for less than 100 minutes, has about 6 of the best 22 and you only read about...

With that said - it's pleasing to see Magner provide a challenge to the midfield, Jetta get some touches, and Davey show some signs of life.

Slight injury cloud but if can stay fit, Hartlett is a gun. Would gladly take him off Port's hands.

Absolutely agree. Hartlett is quality, but he also went at a very low/high draft pick.....can't get them all.

Also, his history of shoulder injuries at such a young age is a real worry.....happily port's not ours

"It was this time last year that Sellar kicked five goals against Collingwood in Dubai and looked set for an outstanding season, but injuries dogged him and he never really lived up to that promise" Ashley Porter

Err... don't remember that Ashley!

lol that happend when he was adelaide years ago. kicked 3 goals and the Ox thought he was the next wayne carey..

• Like 1

I was at the game today and thought we pretty much looked the better side all day barring the last 5 minutes or so. They seemed to overuse the footy a bit where we were more direct but our pressure around the footy was a lot better than theirs. We still made some basic errors by foot and hand across half back that they created goals from but all in all there were some promising signs. Any questions, I'll try my best to answer although I admit I've had a couple.

• Like 8

I was at the game today and thought we pretty much looked the better side all day barring the last 5 minutes or so. They seemed to overuse the footy a bit where we were more direct but our pressure around the footy was a lot better than theirs. We still made some basic errors by foot and hand across half back that they created goals from but all in all there were some promising signs. Any questions, I'll try my best to answer although I admit I've had a couple.

Jimmy, I'm interested in our mids and how you saw them today - it is our weakest area.

Oh, we also seemed to do well through the centre from stoppages - how?

Cheers

Tim

Kent look good moves well and is a good size, took a Took a Telly strong grab on the lead under pressure and went back and slotted it from about 45 on a 45 angle. I reckon he'll be pushing hard for a spot, hope he gets another crack next week as he will only get better

• Like 1

Hey Tim as I said our pressure around the ball/stoppages was good. This created a few lose footys which we were able to take away. We just cracked in harder than they did. Sylvia was very good early around the stoppages as was Magner.

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.