The tragic downfall of Liam Jurrah

Whispering_Jack

Just walked past the courthouse here in Alice Springs to see a worried and tense Liam standing on the steps being both yelled at and cheered by opposing families in this feud. Across the road in the park tensions simmered, police intervened as Liam strode back inside. A little reminder to you all during your bickering, that while we can chip in and switch off as we please, the fighting, the threats and the realities of the hard circumstances indigenous Australians live with, rolls on impossible to escape.

Thanks for the update fork, it's refreshing to have another respectable poster on board.

First you pull the race card, then you sook about it, now you resort to throwing personal insults around.

Your a class act, try sticking to the topic you big sook.

You truly are an imbecile that has no concept of irony.

Over new years in Bali i happened to have dinner with the police officer who was called to the scene when he was arrested (toatally random). He reckons Jurrah was pretty much caught red handed, no doubt in his mind that he assulted basil. He did agree that the witness statements would be torn apart by any decent legal team because everyone there was beyond drunk.

He was disapointed about the amount of media coverage the case was getting purley because Jurrah was involved. Thistype of stuff happens on a weekly basis up there but no one wants to know about it

Again, I'll wait for the outcome of the trial. A decent lawyer can tear that apart ? Im not even a decent lawyer and will pick giant holes in it. - for police to suggest that Jurrah was caught red handed you would ask the question caught red handed by whom ? If everyone there was beyond drunk then you would assume the police werent there when it happened ....they were called to the scene...so...in summary...Liam Jurrah was caught red handed by people, not the police, that were beyond drunk....(the last person the NT police caught redhanded was Lindy Chamberlain)

I will not condemn nor defend Liam until the "process" has run its course I will only defend the process.

• Like 2

Just walked past the courthouse here in Alice Springs to see a worried and tense Liam standing on the steps being both yelled at and cheered by opposing families in this feud. Across the road in the park tensions simmered, police intervened as Liam strode back inside. A little reminder to you all during your bickering, that while we can chip in and switch off as we please, the fighting, the threats and the realities of the hard circumstances indigenous Australians live with, rolls on impossible to escape.

It's been reported down here that there was a "Major family punch up on the steps of the court".

Robbie I think I walked past not long after this had happened. Altercations around the court happens occasionally, the worry is when this spills over into the town camps at night when alcohol is consumed.

It's hard to understand the sense of expectation upon especially the young men from this region to stand for their kin. Liam becoming involved was probably inevitable, but still disappointing. But what must be understood by those contributing to this thread is that this is a very complex situation. Those posters, including myself, who refuse to pass judgement on this situation, due to their distance to the issues involved, are probably taking the appropriate path. This comment is not to stifle comment and opinions, but rather ask for this case to play itself out with respect to a past player of ours under siege.

• Like 5

The saddest part out of all this is the advice Liam took to travel back up to Alice last year.

Whether that advice came from Mentor Bruce, family or from inside Liam's own head it was utterly wrong.

I have spoken to ABC journalists who covered the riot, and that's what it was.

It was planned, & Liam would have known exactly what he was in for before leaving.

It didn't just occur. Family blood was going to be spilt.

I hope a fair trial is had, but if anyone advised Liam to return home, they should be ashamed and held accountable because it was not a random attack

However you spell it, you shouldn't belt your cousin with it, club women or drink drive.

It's a shame you blokes on Demonland think this is stand up behavior, but it's not surprising at all.

You all do Jurrah proud, you are all good little enablers.

Someone asked what the plural of machete was, followed by a poster who got it wrong. That's why I posted the definitive answer. I couldn't care less what you can and can't spell.

However, what should be of concern - to you if no-one else - is your lack of understanding or cavalier disregard (which is it by the way?) for the rule of law - in this case the presumption of innocence. Despite your ignorance, I hope you are afforded it if ever you have to face a courtroom.

Edited by Range Rover
  • Like 5

Someone asked what the plural of machete was, while another got it incorrect. That's why I posted the definitive answer. I couldn't care less what you can and can't spell.

However, what should be of concern - to you if no-one else - is your lack of understanding or cavalier disregard (which is it by the way?) for the rule of law - in this case the presumption of innocence. Despite your ignorance, I hope you are afforded it if ever you have to face a courtroom.

More pettiness, just stick to the topic princess.

More pettiness, just stick to the topic princess.

You see, this is what irks me.

You posted earlier that you pray the Liam gets justice.

You have shown a complete lack of understanding of the word "justice" as justice in this country carries the presumption of innocence so to enlighten you on this is "sticking to the topic" and is not petty.

So if as you posted you want Liam to get justice then I presume you want Liam to have a trial and let the jury decide his innocence or guilt and you agree with this process irrespective of him being found innocent or guilty. Or is your argument that you dont want justice - you would just like to skip the trial process and punish him on untested evidence to hand ?

• Like 1

Stick to the topic Hero.

Pretty sure everyones sick of your pettiness, grow up and at least try and add something productive to this thread.

LOL.

Pretty sure it's you that everyone's sick of.

You're contribution is so lop-sided it's pathetic.

Are you posting during recess at High School?

First you pull the race card, then you sook about it, now you resort to throwing personal insults around.

Your a class act, try sticking to the topic you big sook.

Actually, I think you will find it was you who played the racist card... you called out the poster as being racist with their reference to you as a "white middle class boy". Two things about that expression... it is widely used and widely accepted as a non-racist term (in much the same way I suppose that African Americans refer to each other using the "N" word), and secondly, the last time I checked, white is not a race.

• Like 1

Thanks for the update fork, it's refreshing to have another respectable poster on board.

Apart from fork, who's the other one?

• Like 3

Robbie I think I walked past not long after this had happened. Altercations around the court happens occasionally, the worry is when this spills over into the town camps at night when alcohol is consumed.

It's hard to understand the sense of expectation upon especially the young men from this region to stand for their kin. Liam becoming involved was probably inevitable, but still disappointing. But what must be understood by those contributing to this thread is that this is a very complex situation. Those posters, including myself, who refuse to pass judgement on this situation, due to their distance to the issues involved, are probably taking the appropriate path. This comment is not to stifle comment and opinions, but rather ask for this case to play itself out with respect to a past player of ours under siege.

As I said earlier I have no idea of what happened and can only wait to see what transpires. It hurts to see this, my grandson had his number on his jumper and was upset when he left, we all had such expectations of how far he would go and it's just a shame that it has ended this way.

I must say I'm [censored] that he walked out on us, but there must have been reasons for it, ones which we will probably never know.

From the HUN.

http://www.news.com.au/breaking-news/brawl-erupts-outside-former-afl-player-liam-jurrah-assault-trial-in-alice-springs/story-e6frfkp9-1226596440802

Edited by RobbieF

As I said earlier I have no idea of what happened and can only wait to see what transpires. It hurts to see this, my grandson had his number on his jumper and was upset when he left, we all had such expectations of how far he would go and it's just a shame that it has ended this way.

I must say I'm [censored] that he walked out on us, but there must have been reasons for it, ones which we will probably never know.

From the HUN.

http://www.news.com.au/breaking-news/brawl-erupts-outside-former-afl-player-liam-jurrah-assault-trial-in-alice-springs/story-e6frfkp9-1226596440802

I get the feeling he walked (although we don't really even know if he actually "walked") partially because he was homesick, partially because he was under far too much pressure for anyone to cope with on their own (and despite the club's support, he was on his own in a "cultural" sense) and partially because he didn't feel he could serve the club well as a result of the first two points.

But, like you say, we may never know the real story.

Why not go for the trifecta? A third attempt at the plural of "machete"?

As far as this trial is concerned, I reckon the plural of machete is nulla, nulla, crowbar, axe, stick and everything in between.

If you believe some of the witnesses, that's an incredible arsenal for one man to be carrying around at night.

As far as this trial is concerned, I reckon the plural of machete is nulla, nulla, crowbar, axe, stick and everything in between.

If you believe some of the witnesses, that's an incredible arsenal for one man to be carrying around at night.

Especially while in rehab for a wrist injury. Impressive work by Dave Misson and his team.

Saw a nice tweet from Daniel Motlop:

"How good our @melbournefc still supporting Liam through everything that's happening, might buy a membership now #godees #greatclub"

• Like 1

Not sure if you're aware, but the topic has officially become you being a moron.

No, this thread has just became about a bunch of sooks, who support drink drivers, domestic abuse and wreckless violence.

Now, like I said earlier, stick to the topic, this thread isn't about myself - it is about Demonlands favorite in Liam Jurrah.