The tragic downfall of Liam Jurrah

Whispering_Jack

A small dose of compassion for the plight of Liam Jurrah wouldn't hurt. White man has shat on them for 200 odd years. FFS we still celebrate Australia day with no insight to how that makes our indigenous population feel. Bogans Australia wide have tattooed the Southern Cross to their overweight bodies whilst waving the flag as some show of pride. All the while telling asylum seekers to rack off. If I had a choice the flag would be burnt and replaced with something that represented Australia as a whole, not some white, racist, ignorant minority who now yell louder than the rest of us.

For those who seriously think he should of publicly thanked us, get a life. We did nothing more or less than any other club or organisation would of done. Not to mention we milked his story for every penny it was worth.

• Like 3

A small dose of compassion for the plight of Liam Jurrah wouldn't hurt. White man has shat on them for 200 odd years. FFS we still celebrate Australia day with no insight to how that makes our indigenous population feel. Bogans Australia wide have tattooed the Southern Cross to their overweight bodies whilst waving the flag as some show of pride. All the while telling asylum seekers to rack off. If I had a choice the flag would be burnt and replaced with something that represented Australia as a whole, not some white, racist, ignorant minority who now yell louder than the rest of us.

For those who seriously think he should of publicly thanked us, get a life. We did nothing more or less than any other club or organisation would of done. Not to mention we milked his story for every penny it was worth.

Your last point is very valid.
  • Like 1

If you burned that flag in front of me you wouldnt wake up for a week.

Yeah, let's just live in a world where everyone's discourteous, ungrateful and couldn't give a fig. Be great.

Spare me the Kumbaya.. We're a football club, not an episode of Oprah.

To bastardise a quote from Lt. Vincent Hanna in the movie 'Heat' .... "Thank you was yesterday. Today, you're wasting my motherf.....ing time!".

;)

If I had a choice the flag would be burnt and replaced with something that represented Australia as a whole, not some white, racist, ignorant minority who now yell louder than the rest of us.

don't you ever set fire to the southern cross anywhere near me Roost.

Same as i would never do that to the beautiful Aboriginal flag.

Show some respect to the Anzac Soldier at least.

• Like 1

don't you ever set fire to the southern cross anywhere near me Roost.

Same as i would never do that to the beautiful Aboriginal flag.

Show some respect to the Anzac Soldier at least.

Just cut out that piece in the top left portion.

Just cut out that piece in the top left portion.

why? My Scottish Blood spent 6 months on a filthy ship in 1870 sailing to this great land. I have a copy of the captains log book.

A fascinating read..The southern cross is a long long way from the Union J.

why? My Scottish Blood spent 6 months on a filthy ship in 1870 sailing to this great land. I have a copy of the captains log book.

Yes, and like many others I have family ties extending back as far as the first fleet... however, I like to believe that we are developed enough to stand on our own two feet and do not need to advertise to the rest of the world that we were part of the once great empire. If I didn't get the feeling that the original owners of this country might be offended, I would be happy to see the aboriginal flag replacing the union jack in the top left.

Yes, and like many others I have family ties extending back as far as the first fleet... however, I like to believe that we are developed enough to stand on our own two feet and do not need to advertise to the rest of the world that we were part of the once great empire. If I didn't get the feeling that the original owners of this country might be offended, I would be happy to see the aboriginal flag replacing the union jack in the top left.

i think both Flags should be flown in unison myself.

I love the aboriginal flag, but i don't feel it is mine.

The black fellas have that one.

What we do both have is the southern cross.

i think both Flags should be flown in unison myself.

I love the aboriginal flag, but i don't feel it is mine.

The black fellas have that one.

What we do both have is the southern cross.

Couldn't agree more WYL... but just as the aboriginal flag is not ours (the reason I stated that I believed they might be offended), I do not feel that the union jack is mine either.

Anyway, I wish LJ all the best :-)

Couldn't agree more WYL... but just as the aboriginal flag is not ours (the reason I stated that I believed they might be offended), I do not feel that the union jack is mine either.

Anyway, I wish LJ all the best :-)

No probs. i feel bloodlines to the U Jack from a distance which i like how our flag depicts it.

What does make me shudder is the thought of Australia as a republic voting in an Eddie Mcguire type as President with a new flag.

No thankyou.

As far as LJ is concerned he and to a lesser degree bruce have put him right behind the 8 ball.

Sad but there were choices.

So you are descended from boat people.

Scottish descendant formed a weird and tight fisted colony in one of the islands South east of Australia.

Their relatives live there today, have their own language , and their own form of humour.

The call them New Zealanders.

So you are descended from boat people.

Scottish descendant formed a weird and tight fisted colony in one of the islands South east of Australia.

Their relatives live there today, have their own language , and their own form of humour.

The call them New Zealanders.

Don't diss our Anzac Brothers too much Biff

They are still recovering from Helen Clark's haircut...

Don't diss our Anzac Brothers too much Biff

They are still recovering from Helen Clark's haircut...

For a third world nation, they are very good at Rugby.

I'll give them that.

And it's a nice paddock for our horses to breed in.

For a third world nation, they are very good at Rugby.

I'll give them that.

And it's a nice paddock for our horses to breed in.

absolutely and our exchange rate is far superior. they are good neighbours...most of the time....

If you burned that flag in front of me you wouldnt wake up for a week.

If I read more of your world view it will have the same effect on me as burning the flag.

By Jingos.

If I read more of your world view it will have the same effect on me as burning the flag.

By Jingos.

Perhaps he was concerned that burning flags might give off heavy doses of carbon monoxide?

By Jingos.

You should try reading your drivel everyday.

Maybe we need to alter it, & make the U Jack smaller, & incorporate more of what is Indiginous to this Great Southern Land that homes us.

Heavens above, including the magnificent Southern Cross that is home to our Mother Earth!