What song should the Demons run out to?

DeeZee

It may be our chance to get Derryn Hinch back to the club if we use it Biff. He could come onto the ground and recreate the domestic argument scene for our entertainment. Though I don't think Jackie Weaver would be interested in abandoning Hollywood for MFC pre-match entertainment so that may be a bridge too far. :(

Been away a while guys. I haven't read in depth the previous 11 pages and don't mind the Nickleback suggestion above however this song is a cracker. Don't know if it has been mentioned already but if so no harm in adding it again...

Bleed it Out- Linkin Park.

Edited by Grandson of a gun

Can't believe no one has suggested this yet... Edited version where it gets to the bridge quicker would be good.. Leave the singalong for the Grand Old Flag, this would be a great "pump up" song, even the beloved bugler could get involved...

Edit: skip ahead to the bridge at about 3:30... "No one's going to take me alive, the time has come to make things right, you and I must fight for our rights, you and I must fight to survive...." Geez if that isn't a unifying anthem for us right now.

Edited by stuie
  • Like 2

Can't believe no one has suggested this yet... Edited version where it gets to the bridge quicker would be good.. Leave the singalong for the Grand Old Flag, this would be a great "pump up" song, even the beloved bugler could get involved...

Edit: skip ahead to the bridge at about 3:30... "No one's going to take me alive, the time has come to make things right, you and I must fight for our rights, you and I must fight to survive...." Geez if that isn't a unifying anthem for us right now.

Just made the mistake of sitting through that one.You're right about wanting to get to the bridge quicker.There is now a suicide fence on the West Gate however.

Edited by Biffen
  • Like 2

I've tried to stay out of this because the idea of copying something directly out of American culture is more than somewhat cringeworthy.

However, it came to mind that soccer crowds in the UK seem to stir their teams up with some good old numbers like this one -

Only problem is that it sounds good when you've got a packed house at the G but might be a bit flat in front of a few dozen at Skilled Stadium or the Blacktown Showgrounds.

• Like 3

That's ok Biffen, I'll give you a boost...

I knew I could count on your help Stu .

Please don't do the music for me afterwards .

Somebody tried to tell me the Village people were all [censored].

Yeah Right!

As if .

Just one listen to Macho Man and you know that's all lies .

I've got no probs with Village Peeps

Just dont play Kings Of Cyanide unless stuie pre-dates me.

I've tried to stay out of this because the idea of copying something directly out of American culture is more than somewhat cringeworthy.

However, it came to mind that soccer crowds in the UK seem to stir their teams up with some good old numbers like this one -

Only problem is that it sounds good when you've got a packed house at the G but might be a bit flat in front of a few dozen at Skilled Stadium or the Blacktown Showgrounds.

I would think it would fall flat on account of all the people we have kicked to the curb and all the people who have kicked us to the curb over the years. You could play it ironically with a video montage at the G with footage of Norm Smith, Junior McDonald, Gerard Healy and Tom Scully.

I agree Jack re the Americanization, but I still agree with you I think, re - we can do something.

We've all been thru so much for 40 something years of Pain, & with this latest installment of betrayal from the AFL themselves, giving us the Blues from the top!!!

Heres one that clears the lungs out, it would seem, > and its the afternoon to Boot, they're getting into it.

give us a regular Hell hole where we can meet & get to know some of us before games, or at away games, & who knows, we may start to sing, with a couple of toddy's before the game. :)

And Jack, if you can get the Northern Stand, to not only stand, but Sing,,, instead of clap, I will dub thee, 'Sir Jack'..... B)

Edited by dee-luded

Nothing. No ads, no crappy pop music, no opposition song, how about an under 18 game, it's a grand old flag and then the footy. Silence from the speakers at the breaks. I pay to go to the footy, why do I need to have my ears assaulted with crap?

Agree totally - but the AFL / Dumbitriou seem intent on turning our fabulous game into another Americanized pop show......without asking those who pay at the gate to be there.

And to your list of annoyances, I would throw in those useless meaningless interviews with fans whose opinions are generally of even lower quality than the mean on this and other club fan sites.

Edited by monoccular

Agree totally - but the AFL / Dumbitriou seem intent on turning our fabulous game into another Americanized pop show......without asking those who pay at the gate to be there.

And to your list of annoyances, I would throw in those useless meaningless interviews with fans whose opinions are generally of even lower quality than the mean on this and other club fan sites.

throw in Anthony Hudson being interviewed on the scoreboard.

Have always wanted to belt that little pretty boy.

Is it just me?

• Like 2

throw in Anthony Hudson being interviewed on the scoreboard.

Have always wanted to belt that little pretty boy.

Is it just me?

I don't mind him actually... he's an unabashed Cats supporter (not saying that's a good thing...just that he makes no pretence to hide his allegiances) and has no pretensions to knowing what it's like to play the game. Compared to those surrounding him, he's a breath of fresh air; oh, and I'm not sure where you get the "pretty boy" thing from... he reminds me of some kind of braniac boy genius courtesy of the high forehead.

Edited by hardtack

Playing to Win - Little River Band (as mentioned before)

No other song fits the 2013 season better than this, especially for the back players playing on whichever forwards they did last year.

"When you make your move, I won't hesitate,
If you take too long, you could be too late,
This time I'm playing to win"

LOL

• Like 1

I don't mind him actually... he's an unabashed Cats supporter (not saying that's a good thing...just that he makes no pretence to hide his allegiances) and has no pretensions to knowing what it's like to play the game. Compared to those surrounding him, he's a breath of fresh air; oh, and I'm not sure where you get the "pretty boy" thing from... he reminds me of some kind of braniac boy genius courtesy of the high forehead.
it's more his commentary style is always at one volume...Screaming loud.

At least he has a fair grasp of our language unlike that moron Andy Maher!

How can anyone earn a wage on Radio sounding like Andy Maher??

Earth is in deep trouble.

• Like 1

LOL

Boofhead bogan.

Maher makes me weep.

Just has the knack of being able to crush the humour, life, subtlety out of every moment.

Yobb tosspot.

I hate him more than is reasonable.

Such a blokes bloke.

And a [censored].