Dean Bailey speaks out about tanking

Demonsterative

Yeah and you know what they say... Opinions are like a**holes, every internet board has one

well lets just see how this pans out, then we can go over CS performance in all this, you mite be in for a shock champ.

Bailey would have quite possibly got the 'evidence/report' (or his part of it) at the same time as our club . Seems like he's enlisted his Lawyer because of what's been sent to him .

Only guessing here by the way, but it sounds like the 'possible' charges involve some fairly damning accusations and Dean's lawyer has come out on the front foot in retaliation . To do so in a public way says to me that Dean is quite ticked off .

In a lot of ways we really need Bailey in our court right now . By endeavoring to clear his own name he helps our cause enormously . He is unlikely ally but an ally all the same . He was our coach and if we go down, he probably goes down . If he is absolved of any charges then we'll have a good chance of being absolved of all charges as well .

I agree that is the most plausible explanation of the question in post #69.

well lets just see how this pans out, then we can go over CS performance in all this, you mite be in for a shock champ.

Why wait and see? We've already seen the job he's done in overseeing new facilities, sponsors, and initiatives... Are you telling us you know secret information that even the AFL itself couldn't find out in 6 months of investigating? Sick of these "I know something but can't tell" trolls that go about slagging off our footy club and spreading baseless rumours.

Bailey would have quite possibly got the 'evidence/report' (or his part of it) at the same time as our club . Seems like he's enlisted his Lawyer because of what's been sent to him .

Only guessing here by the way, but it sounds like the 'possible' charges involve some fairly damning accusations and Dean's lawyer has come out on the front foot in retaliation . To do so in a public way says to me that Dean is quite ticked off .

In a lot of ways we really need Bailey in our court right now . By endeavoring to clear his own name he helps our cause enormously . He is unlikely ally but an ally all the same . He was our coach and if we go down, he probably goes down . If he is absolved of any charges then we'll have a good chance of being absolved of all charges as well .

exactly right Macca. It is what i was intermating in my first post on this topic.

You just said it better.

Right now we need Dean on side & he needs us.

• Like 2

Why wait and see? We've already seen the job he's done in overseeing new facilities, sponsors, and initiatives... Are you telling us you know secret information that even the AFL itself couldn't find out in 6 months of investigating? Sick of these "I know something but can't tell" trolls that go about slagging off our footy club and spreading baseless rumours.

just wait a few weeks moron, how do you know what the AFL have? as for facilities you can thank previous board for that, and we all know how the sponsor debacle has been since 2007, Kaspersky say hi,from what i heard they have a fair bit of evidence, CC, CS and DB all will have to answer to the AFL, every post on a forum is a rumor, so why be such a hero, you need to get out of the house, cool down a bit, go have a beer champ.

just wait a few weeks moron, how do you know what the AFL have? as for facilities you can thank previous board for that, and we all know how the sponsor debacle has been since 2007, Kaspersky say hi,from what i heard they have a fair bit of evidence, CC, CS and DB all will have to answer to the AFL, every post on a forum is a rumor, so why be such a hero, you need to get out of the house, cool down a bit, go have a beer champ.

hahahahaha you did my work for me clumsy troll.

another rant from an ex board member i guess.

Is this ADC...?

Heard from who?

Then this...

every post on a forum is a rumor

• Like 2

As suspected a nefarious group, bitter & twisted, hanging around the fringes of the board, coteries or whatever have been supplying the investigation with information. How else could they know what evidence they have? They should be banned from the club they claim to support!

another rant from an ex board member i guess.

Is this ADC...?

Im not an ex board member, i couldnt stand the previous board, you should no better than that WYL, but as for CS, the majority of the media and the football world cant be wrong surely.

If that's your response to rumpole's claim about your agenda here, then it amounts to a very sad admission along with your above post.

Please send my best wishes to Hazy and the gang.

Dont you run this site?

I understand that everyone, including me, is livid that MFC, who followed virtually AFL practice, is the only club on the chopping block about tanking. Unfortunately that isn't a defence and if we are singled out, albeit unfairly, we still have to show we acted in accordance with AFL rules. Coupled with that is nobody really knows what evidence the AFL have and how cut and dried it is.

I think Macca is right on the money. I think that Bailey's response is because the AFL have supplied to the relevant parties their evidence and it will implicate certain people. I have also heard that Chris Connolly, Cameron Schwab and Dean Bailey are in the forefront of the AFL's mind at present.

Everyone obviously hopes for the best possible outcome but it's worrying to think that both the MFC and DB have seen fit to employ legal representation. That does not indicate a "no case to answer" finding from the AFL.

Whilst the usual suspect have jumped on mjt for voicing a view, admittedly in a less than conciliatory manner, the issue that I think warrants consideration is "why" are we the only one's being investigated and in this respect the responsibility must rest with the most senior people in our club. I think I'm correct in saying that Libba said that everyone knew we weren't trying to win "but nobody ever said anything". That would seem to be the very opposite to the way we did it and that is why one must question the wisdom of our leaders.

We all have our favourites and I'm no different but that doesn't mean a critical eye can't be cast over what's happened. We mucked up very very badly here and whilst we did no different to many others we did it in a way that opened us to investigation. That that should happen beggars belief.

• Like 1

If that's your response to rumpole's claim about your agenda here, then it amounts to a very sad admission along with your above post.

Please send my best wishes to Hazy and the gang.

Sorry about the response to rumpholes claim but he sledged me, im not abusing anyone, im just posting my opinion, and what i have heard, as for Hazy and the gang, if you think im going to keep this rolling for 16 pages your kidding yourself, i think CS is a terrible CEO, thats my opinion, i guess we will find out in the next few months.

Sorry about the response to rumpholes claim but he sledged me, im not abusing anyone, im just posting my opinion, and what i have heard, as for Hazy and the gang, if you think im going to keep this rolling for 16 pages your kidding yourself, i think CS is a terrible CEO, thats my opinion, i guess we will find out in the next few months.

Its an opinion dropkick deal with it, thats what forums are for.

You keep tripping over yourself in your attempts to troll.

i guess they didn't go after the others because we are the weakest and easiest to make an example over.

read your history, all good dictators/power mongers need their scapegoats and it always starts with the low lying fruit

i guess we just don't have the carlton crew or the catholic church with which to intimidate. silver spoons at 20 paces just doesn't cut it

they might just be surprised this time though

i guess they didn't go after the others because we are the weakest and easiest to make an example over.

read your history, all good dictators/power mongers need their scapegoats and it always starts with the low lying fruit

i guess we just don't have the carlton crew or the catholic church with which to intimidate. silver spoons at 20 paces just doesn't cut it

they might just be surprised this time though

Well that's one theory but I don't subscribe to it. I think we left a trail of evidence and managed the process so badly the AFL could hardly ignore it.

Very poor management and inappropriate involvement by certain parties from the WC game on in 2011 have put us in this position. Blind Freddie could see that.

Whilst the usual suspect have jumped on mjt for voicing a view ...
We're all entitled to a "view" here but I think you'll find that people jumped on him for attacking the CEO who wasn't the person who was responsible for the way in which Dean Bailey's sacking occurred.

I take your point that some at the club might have said something at some stage about tanking. I don't know.

However, it is absurd to suggest that Carlton is not being investigated because "nobody ever said anything". Libba said something. Fev said something. Those things have been well documented in the past. A then Carlton Football Club member told me in late 2007 that Carlton was sending Fev off to surgery early because they had no interest in winning any of the remaining games because the Blues were after a big fish and also wanted Kreuzer.

If the AFL was honest, it would have would widened the inquisition to involve several other clubs that were in the same position as us and that really didn't try hard to win matches with priority picks seemingly the aim.

I don't agree that our behaviour was any different to that of other clubs. The matter was brought to a head because of consistent efforts from some within the media to highlight Melbourne and Melbourne alone. The fact that the three supposedly experienced wise heads who questioned McLean that night didn't question why he went to a club that picked up three #1 draft picks in a row when he was so principled about leaving a team that "experimented" says everything to me.

• Like 3

Im not an ex board member, i couldnt stand the previous board, you should no better than that WYL, but as for CS, the majority of the media and the football world cant be wrong surely.

of course the media & the football world could be wrong.

Now i have a few problems with CS granted, but i also think he has presided over the club in very turbulent times.

To increase the $$$ going through the club to ove 40 mill per year before the club starts winning is a mighty job.

Schwab is no fool & has copped far too much heat on this site.

He aint perfect but none of us are.

• Like 1

of course the media & the football world could be wrong.

Now i have a few problems with CS granted, but i also think he has presided over the club in very turbulent times.

To increase the $$$ going through the club to ove 40 mill per year before the club starts winning is a mighty job.

Schwab is no fool & has copped far too much heat on this site.

He aint perfect but none of us are.

I'd like to know where exactly this "majority of the football world" has stated they don't rate Schwab? As far as I know, Caroline Wilson is not the majority, as much as she thinks she is.

All I've ever heard is people in the know in footy circles praise him as a football admin. The only time I've read that he's no good is from Demonland trolls.

I'd like to know where exactly this "majority of the football world" has stated they don't rate Schwab? As far as I know, Caroline Wilson is not the majority, as much as she thinks she is.

All I've ever heard is people in the know in footy circles praise him as a football admin. The only time I've read that he's no good is from Demonland trolls.

there called Demonland opinions you turnip.