2013 Phantom Drafts

Whispering_Jack

Any recent ones of these?

This is a recent one (this morning) from the AFL web page - nice and simple (top 20):

Update: Phantom form guide to the draft

It sounds like it is much the same after roughly the top 5. Would very much like to have a couple picks around 10. Could snare a couple very good young mids which were predicted to go higher (Kelly, Billings, Crouch).

This is a recent one (this morning) from the AFL web page - nice and simple (top 20):Update: Phantom form guide to the draft

It sounds like it is much the same after roughly the top 5. Would very much like to have a couple picks around 10. Could snare a couple very good young mids which were predicted to go higher (Kelly, Billings, Crouch).

It's a long time since I had any great faith in most internet phantom drafts so I would regard any falling out of favour of Crouch and Dunstan among those who put these things together with a touch of scepticism. Still, I wouldn't spend too much energy worrying about these things until the final draft positions are known at the end of the trade period which is when we'll finally know what players and how many are in our range for selection.

That said, they're often a good read and sometimes provide some interesting information. For instance, I knew that Marcus Bontempelli was tall for a midfielder but the article quoted above says he's now 194cm. Imagine both he and Jack Watts in our midfield? Now that would be defining a new trend towards taller midfielders!

• Like 1

happy in pick 2 goes on trade for Shiel or Myers ... if not, Nathan Freeman is preferred.

I am wanting picks 21 & 22 (sylvia compo) are Zac Jones and Patrick Cripps ... fair dinkum footballers.

Myers for pick 2, jesus christ. I wouldnt even want to give poick 20 for him

Nice to see you want to help the drug cheats have a quick rebuild though

2... Nathan Freeman

20 ... Zac Jones

21... Patrick Cripps

36 ... Jarman Impey

54 ... trade out to Freo for Viv Michie

Delisted FA... Mav Weller and Daniel Cross

** Jesse Hogan upgrade

rookies 1. chris michaelides, 2. lukas markovic

terlich mcdonald garland

grimes frawley clisby

toumpas viney freeman

howe dawes watts

blease clark hogan

gawn trengrove n jones

cross weller taggert sub. z jones

emerg. fitz, tapscott, cripps

recruit players who take no backward steps... and desperate for the chance.

For anyone wanting a look at Tom Boyd to see why he's worth pick 1, or a handful of highlights for the other AIS-AFL kids, here is a link to a video I found from when the AIS team took on the Collingwood VFL team earlier this year:

Jeez, Lewis Taylor looks the goods.

For anyone wanting a look at Tom Boyd to see why he's worth pick 1, or a handful of highlights for the other AIS-AFL kids, here is a link to a video I found from when the AIS team took on the Collingwood VFL team earlier this year:

Jeez, Lewis Taylor looks the goods.

Billings #10 also looked like a jet.

• Like 1

Who's #12?

It is Salem. He looked very good in that clip. Ran hard to be an option and then followed up. Quick, quick reflexes too and good field kicking. He's a first rounder for sure but not in pick 2 calculations.

Lewis Taylor was brilliant in that clip. He's a really good little midfielder. If we had another first round pick I'd want us to take him, but we need some decent sized bodies to even out our midfield so he isn't a pick 2 for us to build the midfield around. Gun player though and will have a good career.

• Like 1

Taylor could slip to second or third round.

Most clubs are fearful of drafting kids who are 5 foot 7 inches or so, which is why Rodan - who similarly dominated underage football as a midfielder - dropped right down the drafting pecking order in his draft year when the Tigers picked him up.

Taylor could similarly play in excess of 200 games - he can play footy, and has tremendous pace.

Wouldn't be at all surprised if he doesn't get picked into the 30s, although it's also possible he could go pick 10, it all just comes down to a club being willing to take a risk on a little bloke as opposed to someone who is over six foot but might not be as 'natural' a footballer.

Edited by DemonAndrew

Taylor should go top 10, but will go top 15.

He'll be a very good player for a long time, and his height won't hold him back.

I don't see any comparison to Rodan.

Rodan's issue was the unorthodox way he played the game.

Agree on Rodan. Taylor will be marked down in the draft because of his height but once drafted there's nothing to hold him back.

• 3 weeks later...

Here's who i think we should recruit

Pick 9: Nathan Freeman

Pick 40: Dayle Gartlett

Pick 57: Mitch Honeychurch

Pick 94: Chris Cain (if he lasts that long)

and pick up Matt Fuller as a rookie.

Here's who i think we should recruit

Pick 9: Nathan Freeman

Pick 40: Dayle Gartlett

Pick 57: Mitch Honeychurch

Pick 94: Chris Cain (if he lasts that long)

and pick up Matt Fuller as a rookie.

T^he Paige Cardona phanton draft has us picking up Cain at 40 (with Hawthorn having swooped on Gartlett two picks earlier). The also have us picking up Fraser Fort at #57. (Nathan Freeman is a lock at #9) http://www.scpaige.com.au/phantom-draft-october-edition/

1. Boyd (GWS)

2. Kelly (GWS)

3. Billings (St.K)

4. Aish (WB)

5. KK (Suns)

6. Bontempelli (Coll)

7. Scharenberg (Bris)

8. McDonald (NM)

9. Freeman (Dees)

10. Lennon (Coll)

11. Sheed (WCE)

12. Salem (Rich)