Training - Friday 23rd November, 2012 @ Casey Fields

jnrmac

If you catch the bus out there and have a penchant for singing french songs, best hum them or sing them in your head.

Yes Stinga would not want to stand out too much.

However, not much chance of me being on the bus.

I just manage to get up the courage to ride the train to games on weekends.

Come on Old. It might be a nice outing for you. Get out of that Commission flat, in the fresh air although watch the Pork Pie hat. It does get a bit blowy out Casey way.

I have a number of hats longsuffering but no pork pies. Fresh air is always good no matter what the wind strength.

What time do the start, I live up the road from there

Well done I D D I didn't even see your hand go up volunteering for being Melbournes reporter on the spot at Casey.

Was that a 12 month contract you volunteered for?

• Like 1

Well done I D D I didn't even see your hand go up volunteering for being Melbournes reporter on the spot at Casey.

Was that a 12 month contract you volunteered for?

Lol, did I just put my foot in my mouth. If I can get there I will report a must as I can for you all.

It's going to be interesting to see if Mark Neeld makes the trip to Casey from the Gold Coast today and brings some our new young guns with him by start of training.

I doubt that even the reality bus can get him there on time.

I'm hoping Monday will be the unveiling of the "Newbies". My Reality Bus will not get me to Casey.

When I arrived the players were split into groups. Russian and Pedo were doing marking contests, Dunne, Spencer and Fitz doing the same. Spencer is enormous and packing a ripped six pack. Surprising. Dunne was working with the forwards. Rawlings was giving plenty of feed back on technique to avoid hands in the back.

Another large group where doing kick to kick with tennis balls and soccer balls.

Smaller group doing contested handball drill, receiving ball on the ground and getting hit by a bag. Blease was copping plenty from Neil Craig and made to repeat some of his efforts. Byrnes was real sharp and Craig was loving it. Flash was very clean, I still have hope even though he can't straighten his left leg. He lifts the whole group just being out there, they love him.

Rodan, Jones, Tappy and Howe were having set shots.

The groups then joined up, doing a full ground drill moving the ball from back pocket to full forward, with each section being filmed. Jmac cannot kick, full stop! Jamar looked great, swinging onto his left on the wing and hitting up forwards! Tappy played in the forward line. Strauss was criticized for his disposal into forward line. Rodan was really sharp across the wing, looking forward to him hitting up our talls this year.

Also notices viney wearing number 7, and Magner in Moloney's 22.

Spencer moved well in this drill, had me wondering if there may still be hope!

Then half group split into tackling drill, working on hitting low and lifting opponent, not sure if this is a good idea. Another group where doing 3v3 handball drill, very intense. Jonesy was dominant. No one can touch him.

They then split into 3 groups for running. A repeat 100m ish effort, a 30m agility group, and a full ground spreading drill where the boys got flogged. Wrestling, spread, ball work, and repeat efforts.

Pedo worked hard but needs the work, Davey just ahead of him. Tappy headed in after first of 3 rotations.

Forwards doing 200s along boundary combined with hard leading from the square. Hard work. Blessed blew up! Howe looked a million bucks.

Gotta go now.

• Like 23

When I arrived the players were split into groups. Russian and Pedo were doing marking contests, Dunne, Spencer and Fitz doing the same. Spencer is enormous and packing a ripped six pack. Surprising. Dunne was working with the forwards. Rawlings was giving plenty of feed back on technique to avoid hands in the back.

Another large group where doing kick to kick with tennis balls and soccer balls.

Smaller group doing contested handball drill, receiving ball on the ground and getting hit by a bag. Blease was copping plenty from Neil Craig and made to repeat some of his efforts. Byrnes was real sharp and Craig was loving it. Flash was very clean, I still have hope even though he can't straighten his left leg. He lifts the whole group just being out there, they love him.

Rodan, Jones, Tappy and Howe were having set shots.

The groups then joined up, doing a full ground drill moving the ball from back pocket to full forward, with each section being filmed. Jmac cannot kick, full stop! Jamar looked great, swinging onto his left on the wing and hitting up forwards! Tappy played in the forward line. Strauss was criticized for his disposal into forward line. Rodan was really sharp across the wing, looking forward to him hitting up our talls this year.

Also notices viney wearing number 7, and Magner in Moloney's 22.

Spencer moved well in this drill, had me wondering if there may still be hope!

Then half group split into tackling drill, working on hitting low and lifting opponent, not sure if this is a good idea. Another group where doing 3v3 handball drill, very intense. Jonesy was dominant. No one can touch him.

They then split into 3 groups for running. A repeat 100m ish effort, a 30m agility group, and a full ground spreading drill where the boys got flogged. Wrestling, spread, ball work, and repeat efforts.

Pedo worked hard but needs the work, Davey just ahead of him. Tappy headed in after first of 3 rotations.

Forwards doing 200s along boundary combined with hard leading from the square. Hard work. Blessed blew up! Howe looked a million bucks.

Gotta go now.

Thanks TQ.

Can you please find a new name for Pederson? Pedo does not look good!

• Like 2

Re the lifting in tackles, it they go backwards it is not a sling tackle, you will notice they are not slamming them into the ground, I reckon it is to make the ball carrier panic and try a risky handball or just drop it, it is also gettting used to hitting hard and low, no more arm waving or being brushed off

As for Spencer, the Club has really high hopes for him, as you will have noticed he is enourmous and has so much upside, his running is streets ahead from last year and his kicking is getting better

As for Joel Mac I was at training on Wednesday and he didn't miss a target in the same drill, so not sure why you say he can't kick (full stop), and it was really windy at Goschs on Wednesday