• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

THE WILSON FILE - the arrogance at the heart of the innuendo

Whispering_Jack

She's up the proverbial creek with only Brock McLean and potentially some other jaded, washed up, failed MFC player to use for paddles.

As was the case when they were Melbourne players, they just don't get the job done.

She seems to always put herself in these positions. At least this time she has some oars, most of the time she is stuck with no facts and tries to represent her view as the view of the general community.

When she does get picked up on it, she back tracks, doesn't admit that she is wrong, and changes the subject or raises other issues. The Brayshaw and Wilson interview on Footy Classified is a classic example.

I'd be nervous as hell if I jumped in her boat!!

I won't defend CW or any of the other journo's but I also cant help thinking that part of this is nothing more than journo's desperate desires to keep the flames burning ( and to fan flames where none exist) to give them something to write about.

Well the history of tanking prior to 2009 would give them several juicy articles.........

I think it is the latter, CB.

Went way too early. s.

Not only went early...but look whos she gone with.. Brock "Einstein" Mclean !!! ffs

The Trojans would be proud !!! lol

• Like 1

I won't defend CW or any of the other journo's but I also cant help thinking that part of this is nothing more than journo's desperate desires to keep the flames burning ( and to fan flames where none exist) to give them something to write about.

Churnalism pure and simple.

Stories = internet hits

Internet hits = money

Does anyone know how many of her stories have actually been printed in The Age paper? Not just online?

The great days of the newspapers are well and truly over .

These days ,there are journalists for every specific area of life.

If its low-level football board room brawls you're into ,read Wilson and her baseless assertions .

There is more accurate information right here than in the Age .

The paper are gone and the TV stations are dying also .

I never thought I would see Demonland as a creditable media source but it is compared to the papers now .

• Like 3

I'm sure every Melbourne supporter hopes you're right.

That the club and the AFL have said nothing for quite some time - and when they did it was quiet vague - could be an indication things are going on behind the scenes to work out a compromise.

It is not in the AFL or MFC interests to have this drag out into a lengthy and very expensive legal matter.

I would also like to think the AFL can see the turn around going on at the team level and not want to kill it off.

More if they were to penalise us in this year's draft just think of the mess it would create.

Would we have to give back players we have taken on board in return for draft picks?

If so, how could it be done?

It would effect to whole draft, because of all the deals within deals already agreed to.

Next year maybe. But, at least we could prepare for that - if we are found guilty.

Im more thinking that AFL are looking very closely to find a way to walk away from this.

I could be well off base, but if what has been reported is all there is then I am thinking that the AFL wants this to go away or I believe we would have heard "we the AFL, see problems with what has transpired at the MFC but we need to extend this investigation to include what has happened at other clubs over a period of time"

I believe that the AFL investigator is looking very carefully at the MFC so he can thoroughly and professionally close this thing down.

Edited by nutbean
  • Like 5

Im more thinking that AFL are looking very closely to find a way to walk away from this.

I could be well off base, but if what has been reported is all there is then I am thinking that the AFL wants this to go away or I believe we would have heard "we the AFL, see problems with what has transpired at the MFC but we need to extend this investigation to include what has happened at other clubs over a period fo time"

I believe that the AFL investigator is looking very carefully at the MFC so he can thoroughly and professionally close this thing down.

this ^^^

To everyone talking about how everything has gone quiet... its gone quiet because of the Spring Racing Carnival.

The AFL tab in the Sports section has been taken off and only the remains in the header menu on The Age website.

Its like running a cricket story during the AFL grand final week, best to wait for a few days and run the stories again when everyone is off the races.

I wont be surprised if she comes out with a big editorial, which is a little bit more balanced, for insurance and counter her current direct and narrow opinion.

Brace yourselves.

To everyone talking about how everything has gone quiet... its gone quiet because of the Spring Racing Carnival.

The AFL tab in the Sports section has been taken off and only the remains in the header menu on The Age website.

That's complete rubbish.

It's gone quiet because there's nothing new to say.

• Like 2

That's complete rubbish.

There has been nothing new to say since her first article - yet she published 6 more in 5 days.

I think your over valuing her reporting skills, and dont know how news papers operate.

They want to get the maximum audience, so they will focus more on racing. Now that the racing is over and when she comes back from holiday it will resume.

She's all over the shop now.

Gone is this mysterious vault with its sinister shadowy figures plotting the end of the world with secret handshakes.

It's back now to a player who wouldn't even call it tanking but rather "experimenting" which is exactly what Cameron Schwab said in her August 2009 article here

‘‘Our club’s very much about list management and experimentation with the team. It has been for much of the season but suddenly it’s become tanking."

I'm really starting to smell the stench of some rats.

Does anyone think a genius like Brock would remember these words almost exactly three years later?

I wonder if he was worded up and I wonder why the On the Couch panel looked so flummoxed at his words when the show's promo indicated that the MFC was going to get a spray from them during the program?

• Like 1

What....someone suggesting a " fit up !! "

Neverrrrrrrrrrrrrr !!!!!!

MIlestone #1 is close ie the AFL Commission Meeting one week today.

Will this meeting impose a penalty on Adelaide for next week's draft - and if it does how will they justify further deferral of the Melbourne judgment?

At the very least you would expect the Commissioners to get a progress/interim report on findings to date - and to endorse a course of action ie obtain Melbourne's response to draft report - extend enquiry to other clubs - wrap it up by Christmas etc.. Surely something will be leaked Wilson's way beforehand.

Victory #1 will be to get through this meeting without any limitation on our participation in this year's draft and psd. I'm sure Wilson will be most annoyed if we do

There has been nothing new to say since her first article - yet she published 6 more in 5 days.

Exactly. So she milked it for all it was worth, and now she's run out.

I think your over valuing her reporting skills, and dont know how news papers operate.

They want to get the maximum audience, so they will focus more on racing. Now that the racing is over and when she comes back from holiday it will resume.

I can assure I am not over valuing her reporting skills.

She's also not on holiday, as evidenced by her story about Tippett: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/crows-and-tippett-charged-20121112-2986r.html

I fail to see how any of us could take comfort from that Offsiders segment. OK, there was nothing new and lots of ranting from CW, but given Francis Leach's remarks we have been tattooed brothers and sisters, tattooed with the label 'tankers'.

Leach talks about how obvious was the tanking without specifying a club because he does not feel the need to do so. If he had just mentioned one other club, Carlton most obviously, but there are others including CW's beloved Richmond as has been pointed out here, also the Woods and West Coast who are suspect, I would have felt some easing of the pressure.

But now even people who are not CW don't feel the need to inject even that semblance of balance. Apparently we invented tanking and perfected it in the space of half a season. All that fine detail we know, about other clubs, about what Ricky Bobby said and so on, is not being heard anywhere but here.

I am afraid the ground is being prepared for some bad stuff happening.

Edited by pitmaster

Exactly. So she milked it for all it was worth, and now she's run out.

I can assure I am not over valuing her reporting skills.

She's also not on holiday, as evidenced by her story about Tippett: http://www.theage.co...1112-2986r.html

She was in Noosa and wrote most of the articles before she left.

And I have it on very good authority (Senior AFL figure) she's 'very close to the money'. Its pretty worrying I would think.

She was in Noosa and wrote most of the articles before she left.

And I have it on very good authority (Senior AFL figure) she's 'very close to the money'. Its pretty worrying I would think.

It would be good to know what the context was before slitting wrists. For example if the source was referring to tanking in its broadest sense, then everyone knows MFC and many others did so. So she'd be 'on the money'. If the source was referring to some MFC specific foul deed then maybe I should sharpen the razors. Jnrmac?

• Like 1

I'm sorry, but that can't be right. Tippett could easily have been her focus.

They don't have to invent anything. CW decided to make Melbourne and more importantly the management of MFC her focus. It was a vacuous vendetta driven by hatred and begrudged folley written over four articles based on one contentious interpretation of a small part of a long meeting, that was probably a joke.

She doesn't expand her evidence across 4 articles and commits a Herodias act of spite. The gutter is too high for her!

The comments fitted in with a more general "match fixing", "race fixing" and so on discussion with the original focus being on the VRC more than the AFL.

Altogether,I felt the discussion was more a headline looking for a story, than anything relating to the truth.

In that regard Francis Leach was even worse than Caroline.

At one point she even said she thought his comments about us were a "bit harsh"...

When she spoke it's my contention she had already shifted from racing to Melbournefc.

MIlestone #1 is close ie the AFL Commission Meeting one week today.

Will this meeting impose a penalty on Adelaide for next week's draft - and if it does how will they justify further deferral of the Melbourne judgment?

At the very least you would expect the Commissioners to get a progress/interim report on findings to date - and to endorse a course of action ie obtain Melbourne's response to draft report - extend enquiry to other clubs - wrap it up by Christmas etc.. Surely something will be leaked Wilson's way beforehand.

Victory #1 will be to get through this meeting without any limitation on our participation in this year's draft and psd. I'm sure Wilson will be most annoyed if we do

Looks as though she will be most annoyed then.

http://mobile.news.com.au/sport/afl/melbourne-escapes-penalties-ahead-of-next-weeks-draft/story-fnelctok-1226515379853

Edit: I think we can expect another edition from Caroline tomorrow with the latest news update regarding our draft (non penalties) and Adelaide's story.

She would be putting the finishing touches on it now - before it is edited several times after its put up in the website.

It's the seizing of our computers that worries me most, not what some moron like McClean has grunted (god I hate that guy - remember the idiot boasting about his family connection to the Morans?).

I suspect we're not the best run club in the league - who knows what our d%*head administrators have put in writing?

I daresay every other club has been employing their computer people to go through their records deleting like crazy.