FAREWELL CALE MORTON

stuie

No way should we get rid of Cale.

High draft pick, with four preseasons in the gym.

Surely he cannot be traded for that shoddy kick against Collingwood that snuffed out any chance we had.

Would want to get Tom Swift out of retirement, or a single figure pick, as was Cale, or a like for like trade.

Welcome Hail.

The challenge with Cale is that his confidence and form is so brittle. As a result I'm sure some team mates doubt him, as we fans have started to.

• Like 1

We have all been dishing it out to Jay Clark when I think he may have stumbled across something. Yeah this started as a joke but I think there is more to the picture aside from this twitter fiasco. Worsfold has apparently met with Morton so you would think that Worsfold would say something if it were not true.

This could end up being great reporting. The joke could be on us

We have all been dishing it out to Jay Clark when I think he may have stumbled across something. Yeah this started as a joke but I think there is more to the picture aside from this twitter fiasco. Worsfold has apparently met with Morton so you would think that Worsfold would say something if it were not true.

This could end up being great reporting. The joke could be on us

Think you're struggling with some pretty straight forward comprehension.

There was no twitter fiasco. I asked Jay Z a legit question. He then looked into it and thanked me for the tip today

The jokes on you and your "friend" for the crap you've come up with in your opening posts

Think you're struggling with some pretty straight forward comprehension.

There was no twitter fiasco. I asked Jay Z a legit question. He then looked into it and thanked me for the tip today

The jokes on you and your "friend" for the crap you've come up with in your opening posts

How can the joke be on me. You supposedly started the twitter "fiasco".

As far as the question you asked, I have no idea what you asked?

So is a chance to go to Perth or not?

Not straight forward as you say or else the picture would e clearer and by the look of it there are other posters confused also.

Right - enough of the fun and games.

Background:

I went to the TAB to collect my Saturday winnings and watch the Geelong Cup.

On the way back I walked past Cale on the phone. After crossing the road I decided to take a quick pic and put it on Twitter speculating why he was in Subi.

Of course lots of people took interest and it snowballed.

Now, a few things.

- yes it's Cale. Sorry I didn't take the zoom lens to the TAB. I'd like to think I've around Melbourne forums long enough to be trusted. I don't bullsh.t

- the MFC twitter crew thought it would be a good social experiment to see how far this would go. We haven't been let down. The 2 threads on Big Footy are, interesting, though I don't like being called a troll.

- finally Demon Forever - mate on holiday hey champ? You [censored]

Where in all this is the question CIP to Jay?

How have I started this when you were the one the started this whole Hoax.

You trolled it and your trying to find a scapegoat. Not here brother.

All I have done is posted something I got sent, similar to 1000 of other posters and topics over the years.

Pull your head in.

You don't like to be called troll, but that's what your intention was to do.

Here it is

http://www.theage.co...1025-2880l.html

Sounds ludicrous

If this happens we have officially lost the plot

I have liked the club's moves so far, and Morton may not have fulfilled his potential, but I will puke if we send him to West Coast for pick 88 (and continue to pay him). It's an embarrassing deal. Surely he's worth a third rounder at worst.

C'mon Dee's are you even trying to get something in return?

• Like 2

Lol he really is a dud. Take pick 88 and move on.

What a monumental draft/development stuff up.

That's why I'm not getting too excited by Hogan, Viney, Barry, "pick 4" etc just yet. We haven't shown we can develop a young player into a star, regardless how good a junior he was.

Edited by Red Demon

Given that Morton was contracted until the end of 2013, it seems the whole exercise was only to free up another place on the list. I suppose it's a strong indication that we're expecting more deals to be done tomorrow.

We've already replaced the 5 players who've left the club and at least 3 more will come in on draft day. If we're not intending to make any more than those 3 selections, it wouldn't matter if we received pick 88 for Morton or pick 57, because it won't be used. Perhaps the club just accepted 88 to get Morton back to WA?

If it's true, Morton for pick 88, Gysberts for Pederson, I'll be furious.

Absolute joke

Reckon Morton probably ok , has had plenty of time to produce and hasn't really cut it. See Gysberts as quite a different story, shorter time span to produce, has shown a little and has been impacted by injury. Pederson & Nth 2nd rounder to square this one up would seem a reasonable outcome. Anything less and would see it as a pretty limp rollover by us and wouldnt reflect favourably.

Reckon Morton probably ok , has had plenty of time to produce and hasn't really cut it. See Gysberts as quite a different story, shorter time span to produce, has shown a little and has been impacted by injury. Pederson & Nth 2nd rounder to square this one up would seem a reasonable outcome. Anything less and would see it as a pretty limp rollover by us and wouldnt reflect favourably.

Not the biggest fan of either player (I think Gysberts is worth sticking with). However if pick 88 and Peterson is the best you can get for them then you are either careless or incompetent.

Edited by whelan45
  • Like 1

If that trade is correct, Melbourne will not use draft pick 88, so it is essentially the same as delisting Morton, we get nothing.

Edited by DavidNeitz9

A lot of water to pass under the bridge.

Wouldn't be surprised if we still pick up some free agents as well.

There was a post about Neeld wanting mature bodies. I can not see the likes of Cook, Gysberts or Morton putting on the bulk to compete in the battles of finals footy.

While there may be "potential", you also have to think of the training track. There is more time spent training than actually playing. And if 10-15% of our list are skinny, weak twigs, it is the whole team that gets let down as they aren't competing against the bigger bodies.

I don't 100% agree with what MFC are doing, but I can at least understand it.

Edited by demon-4-life

My take on all our trading is Neeld has just made a list of targets to fill holes/needs

1 strong body with finals experienced key forward = dawes tick

2 crumbing foward with finals/experience =byrnes tick

3 verstaile swing man back up forward ruck =pedersen tick <if we get him>

4 experienced running link man = ray tick <if we get him>

Neeld has said this is who I want get them whatever it takes b..... the draft picks

these are the guys I dont want

gysberts,morton martin moloney trade them or we delist them

we have good kids drafted some good ones happy with the rest

if you view it from that view job done