• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Plumbing the depths of journalism

Chelly

You are so attached to whatever Greg Denham says that you have even used the nickname KB gives him.

Every time a fan jumps on social media and complains, Greg's bosses add another dollar to his monthly salary.

I'm not attempting to withhold you from your opinion, but I've been hearing it and reading about it ad nauseum since the beginning.

Can you not get over it by now? We're in a good spot ATM - Greg's not taking that away from you anytime soon.

He referred to us as the Melbourne Bears who have to overpay to get anyone into the club. Bartlett stuck up for Melbourne and thought the acquisitions of Dawes and Byrnes were good.

Denham had a problem with what Dawes was being paid and KB said that we had to pay the cap etc. As usual it went around in circles and Denham was noticeably on the back foot and digging in on a shifting surface. Sometimes he argues from the front foot, but he sounded very weak today.

Gentlemen, this is commercial radio, the good cop/bad cop routine....imagine this, SEN, both say everything is fine at all 18 clubs, the AFL and everything in between, discuss for next four hours.......Trade Radio at the moment is the same with that [censored] Barrett as the bad cop..........everybody knows Brisbane blew it with Buchanan etc.....but hindsight is a wonderful thing......

I called in last week and asked him why he hates Melbourne so much, his response was along the line he hates incompetence not Melbourne.

I said no mate even if melb won 3 games in a row you would put a negative spin on it, response no,no I wouldn't!

I can't wait until we win 3 in a row and call him back!

• Like 3

He referred to us as the Melbourne Bears who have to overpay to get anyone into the club. Bartlett stuck up for Melbourne and thought the acquisitions of Dawes and Byrnes were good.

Denham had a problem with what Dawes was being paid and KB said that we had to pay the cap etc. As usual it went around in circles and Denham was noticeably on the back foot and digging in on a shifting surface. Sometimes he argues from the front foot, but he sounded very weak today.

Yeah I heard Denham call us the Melbourne Bears.

Seriously, did a Melbourne supporter pinch his lunch money one day way back when he was at school?

This bloke seems to have no idea about our club.

Said the Bulldogs were in a better position than us despite being laden in millions of dollars of debt.

I look forward to Dawsey kicking goals and making a good contribution in 2013, can't wait for his back peddling excuses.

Did a Melbourne player kick Denhams mother in the guts when she was pregnant with Greg ? The man has a pathological hatred for our great club. He needs pyschological help.

No better way to say it than by using Denham's own words: "Melbourne has been an easy target for some time"

Flush the spin, Demons still don't stand for anything

It's easy to kick someone whilst they are on the ground.

It's even easier to kick someone whilst they are on the ground if you're an unimaginative, narrow minded reporter to offers no stimulating ideas, thoughts, provides no facts or evidence and is the epitome of churnalism not journalism.

Gives journalism a a bad name and is an oxygen waster.

Enough said.

• Like 1

Someone hates us.

Excuse me while I go get the kleenex and build a forte in my room.

Nah, it's all good. At least we are relevant enough to be hated. The guy has a secret hard-on for us, he notices us. Hopefully many more media "gurus" and opposition supporters hate us too. It means they fear and respect us. And they will.

"Mummy! Greg Denham called us Bears again!"

"What have I told you?"

"To ignore him."

"That's right. He only teases you to get a response. That way, he gains attention and feels relevant. It should only make you angry if you feel there is some truth in what he says."

Do not feed the troll, people. Walk away.

• Like 6

I very rarely listen to SEN between 9-12 unless there is a story breaking. Switch to FM for 3 hours and listen to that Gangnam song a couple of hundred times. Will be much more beneficial to your happiness and wellbeing than KB and his brainless "experts".

• Like 1

I very rarely listen to SEN between 9-12 unless there is a story breaking. Switch to FM for 3 hours and listen to that Gangnam song a couple of hundred times. Will be much more beneficial to your happiness and wellbeing than KB and his brainless "experts".

Denham is the invisible pony PSY is riding....

• Like 2

I called in last week and asked him why he hates Melbourne so much, his responce was along the line he hates incompetence not Melbourne.

I said no mate even if melb won 3 games in a row you would put a negative spin on it, responce no,no I wouldn't!

I can't wait until we win 3 in a row and call him back!

Heard your call thought you went a bit easy on him. Didn't hear the message KB read out but I messaged him saying we're very happy with our pick ups & us supportetrs just laugh at him now..Probably shouldn't give him any attention but its all just a bit of a wind up for me. By the way he let it slip a while back its CS he has the problem with but he won,t come out and say it directly

Almost as bad as the [censored] Damian Barrett.

That muppet makes trade radio unlistenable. And I thought Terry Wallace was bad.......

Yeah, I tweeted him about the difference between having 'plenty of irons in the fire' which is good and having a 'scattergun approach' which is bad.

He didn't get back to me - more interested in re-tweeting MFC supporters who can't spell and correcting their spelling and ignoring their question.

Waste of radiowaves this bloke.

I recall the article Denham mentioned above and I also happened to be driving and listening to SEN yesterday when he delivered, not for the first time, his Melbourne Bears diatribe and I just wanted to make a few points.

If Denham expected miracles from club which in 2011 was accused of playing "bruise-free" football, which capitulated by 186 points to another club, which had players who were said to be at odds with "two administrators in particular", which had the well-documented off field issues to which he referred in his article on top of a long injury list then he is as delusional as he comes across on radio and in print.

Now, he's completely misreading the club's current recruiting strategies. He applauds the Bulldogs for keeping intact their early draft picks, congratulates Collingwood for accumulating picks 17, 18 and 20 and condemns Melbourne for giving away early picks to get the players its been targetting over recent weeks. That's bollocks for two reasons.

Firstly, the free agency and trade periods aren't over yet and we all know that the situation with available picks can and will change all the way through to 26 October.

Secondly, circumstances have conspired to give Melbourne what are currently pick 4 plus Jack Viney (a genuine 2012 top 5 player) plus an All Australian Under 18 KPP in Jesse Hogan (widely acknowledged as equal to at least a 2013 top) plus Dominic Barry who blitzed in the Draft Combine. Good luck to the Bulldogs with their picks and their $10m debt (compared to our substantial surplus thanks to Jimmy, his board and many loyal Demons who believe their club does stand for something) but will they top that with their three first round selections? And will Collingwood beat that with 17, 18 and 20? "Delusional Denham" might try to work that one out but I suspect his dislike of the club to blind him from coming to a knowledgeable conclusion on such a simple matter.

But it's in the area where one would expect a journalist to be at his absolute best that Denham really made a fool of himself yesterday.

He went on and on about Dawes not being worth the $500kpa that Melbourne was paying him. Those comments came less than 24 hours after Melbourne list manager Tim Harrington told Trade Week Radio that the figures being quoted on Dawes' contract were completely off the mark. One would expect a decent journalist to be aware of such things and not to cite dodgy figures when making his argument.

Mind you, one would not expect that of Denham who is to journalism what the Brisbane Bears were to football.

• Like 11

PLEASE not bring gangnam style up in here, its hard enough to avoid that absolute garbage as it is!! administrators should give you a warning haha

Well written 'Whispering Jack'.

Denham still not saying anything of substance this morning, the usual Brisbane Bears line.

Funny how he is so sure about Carlton not talking to Dawes, his mail at Carlton is so good that their CEO Greg Swan said his article a couple of weeks ago was absolute crap.