FAREWELL STEFAN MARTIN - SEPTEMBER 2012

Guest Rassilon

However, the key is to get your target to commit 100% to you - normally done thru a cheque book & a clear outline of the new role he would play. Footy players normally like to play footy, promise them a role and some dollars and you are 99% of the way there.

Worked well for MFC with Judd, Warnock and Ball........No wait on.....There must have been some other reason.Hmmmm

Guest Rassilon

Worked well for MFC with Judd, Warnock and Ball........No wait on.....There must have been some other reason.Hmmmm

I would have thought Carltons cheque book for Judd & Warnock was miles bigger than ours...... Hmmmmmmmmmmm.

I would have thought Carltons cheque book for Judd & Warnock was miles bigger than ours...... Hmmmmmmmmmmm.

Any thought why Clark is the only significant player MFC has attracted in the past 5 years? And he must have thought "what have I done?"

Its more than just the cheque book. You might not realise that in tallying your 99%.

This club has been an on and off field joke over that time and would hardly be a club of choice for quality seasoned players especially those that have some hope of getting a shot (or another shot) at a flag. Its been poorly resourced and run with a questionable list and poor management.

Guest Rassilon

Any thought why Clark is the only significant player MFC has attracted in the past 5 years? And he must have thought "what have I done?"

Can I think about that one? Ok I have thought about it. If you dont know how we got Clark that is your problem. Have a little chat with Tommy on twitter he might enlighten you. Have a listen to Neeld promised him a role he wanted to play did he?

You certainly have a bee in your bonnet about something. Now its you who is making himself to look like the fool. (Which for the record I dont think you are)

I will repeat it for you - However, the key is to get your target to commit 100% to you - normally done thru a cheque book & a clear outline of the new role he would play. Footy players normally like to play footy, promise them a role and some dollars and you are 99% of the way there.

Have a listen to Mitch http://www.melbourne...32/default.aspx

And I quote

“I want to be known as a Melbourne player and not the guy who came across from Brissy (Brisbane). I’ve really loved the supporters here - they’ve got a lot of passion for the footy club and it’s great to see,” he said.

He sure a hell aint talking about you. However, some of us back our boys and football club to the max. Lets read your words again

This club has been an on and off field joke over that time and would hardly be a club of choice for quality seasoned players especially those that have some hope of getting a shot (or another shot) at a flag. Its been poorly resourced and run with a questionable list and poor management.

Not the words of a true supporter. (Again for the record I think you are a true supporter)

Edited by Rassilon
  • Like 1

To all those that want rid of Stef. He's a 198cm fast, agile player. Has some deficiencies for sure but is a 1000 times better than Spencer and possibly Gawn. Was outstanding in the ruck last year.

The way Jamar has played since winning AA is worrying. Maybe has the beemer disease.

Who rucks when Jamar goes down?? Please don't tell me Spencer.

We have spent time developing Stef who was a late starter to AFL. It defies belief that some of you ppl want to get rid of him.

• Like 3

Guest Rassilon

To all those that want rid of Stef. He's a 198cm fast, agile player. Has some deficiencies for sure but is a 1000 times better than Spencer and possibly Gawn. Was outstanding in the ruck last year.

The way Jamar has played since winning AA is worrying. Maybe has the beemer disease.

We have spent time developing Stef who was a late starter to AFL. It defies belief that some of you ppl want to get rid of him.

Thank-you back to the topic. But Yes, granted is their a role at MFC for Martin? With Jamar, Clark, Sellar, Gawn, Fitzpatrick & Spencer all on the list.

Is it sadly a case of his opportunities may be limited Yet at say Collingwood he would get more opportunites and we have an opportunity for a win-win trade?

We chased Dawes last year - yet he stayed on reasonable dollars - possible opportunity for us with the Cloke salary cap issues. Opportunity for us?

Collingwood have a pretty good mid-field - maybe again because of Cloke one may need to be squeesed out. Opportunity for us?

You will never know unless you go exploring.

Edited by Rassilon

Would you take Grundy in his place?

I don't disagree with a lot of what you've said.

I do think that Gawn will get his body right and will become an awesome ruckman and I think Fitzy will be pushing for Martin's role in 2013.

This is the only reason why I'd look at trading Stef, but again, only for the right price.

Can I think about that one? Ok I have thought about it. If you dont know how we got Clark that is your problem. Have a little chat with Tommy on twitter he might enlighten you. Have a listen to Neeld promised him a role he wanted to play did he?

You certainly have a bee in your bonnet about something. Now its you who is making himself to look like the fool. (Which for the record I dont think you are)

I will repeat it for you - However, the key is to get your target to commit 100% to you - normally done thru a cheque book & a clear outline of the new role he would play. Footy players normally like to play footy, promise them a role and some dollars and you are 99% of the way there.

Have a listen to Mitch http://www.melbourne...32/default.aspx

And I quote

He sure a hell aint talking about you. However, some of us back our boys and football club to the max. Lets read your words again

Not the words of a true supporter. (Again for the record I think you are a true supporter)

Well done. You could not answer the question I posed. BTW, i am glad Clark likes it at MFC, That's good. He must sure prefer it to a professional achieving outfit like Freo. Clearly does not want Sept action.

The issue of getting players to MFC is more than a chq book and outlining the role. In Clarks case it was exceptional circumstances that have got him to MFC.

In nearly every key football facet, MFC fail again the better clubs in the area Of on field performance resources, financial stability, player development, coaching pedigree, player list, medical support, leadership and culture. Until MFC properly resolves these issues it will never be just a case of a job description and a chq book. Any manager worth there commission would be seriously counselling clients as to whether they want to miss more robust future opportunities at other clubs by compromising it at MFC. You

And being the perennial smartazz while being lightweight on contribution on this site only adds weight to your shallow credibility (And for the record I dont think you are really a smartazz.)

• Like 1

Guest Rassilon

Well done. You could not answer the question I posed. BTW, i am glad Clark likes it at MFC, That's good. He must sure prefer it to a professional achieving outfit like Freo. Clearly does not want Sept action.

The issue of getting players to MFC is more than a chq book and outlining the role. In Clarks case it was exceptional circumstances that have got him to MFC.

In nearly every key football facet, MFC fail again the better clubs in the area Of on field performance resources, financial stability, player development, coaching pedigree, player list, medical support, leadership and culture. Until MFC properly resolves these issues it will never be just a case of a job description and a chq book. Any manager worth there commission would be seriously counselling clients as to whether they want to miss more robust future opportunities at other clubs by compromising it at MFC. You

And being the perennial smartazz while being lightweight on contribution on this site only adds weight to your shallow credibility (And for the record I dont think you are really a smartazz.)

Yeah real exceptional circumstances, here is the money fair proportion front-loaded, here is the role - oh yes & we can do the business today.

While those blokes at Freo just sacked one coach with 12 months to go on a contract and are [censored]-farting you and Brisbane around.

Nothing exceptional there.

Anyway back to SM - Get the feeling more as every day passes Collingwood need to off-load to keep Cloke - no way will they let him go to Carlton. Hope we can take advantage of it - Neeldy might get a little inside help.

Edited by Rassilon

You would take Grundy instead of Martin because Grundy is coached well at the Swans. If Martin lined up for the Swans he's be a star. Our coaching is poor.

Martin is uncoachable...will not listen. If he goes to the Swans or Collingwood or Geelong or Fremantle or West Coast he'll be lucky to play 3 senior games.

He is not a champion, not a team player, has shown no improvement over 5 years....any pick, any club. Do the deal now.

That's overrating Martin.

Big Stef's a pea-heart compared to Maric.

Mods - we have a 'like' button: can we please get a 'dislike' button too, for posts like this one??
  • Like 1

Scurrilous suggestion.

Of course it couldn't possibly be Carlton's cheque book, as they are honor bound to comply with the salary cap, and Vlad says they do (therefore true! :-) )so it must have been something like they are very fond of Visy paper bags.

Martin is a bit of a conundrum. In general he has been underwhelming, but when he's been given the chance to play in the no. 1 ruck spot he's shown some really good signs and improved his game drastically. He has a huge advantage over Jamar in that he can play around the ground and have an impact, while Jamar will always struggle to win possessions. We could well miss that ability if we trade him off and Jamar goes down again.

The flip side is that he is one of the few players we have with some genuine currency in the market. He's not a free agent, he is a great athlete and has shown glimpses of being a capable first ruck if given the opportunity. With the right coach and team around him he could turn out to be a great pick-up. As has been said, you need to offer something if you want a decent trade. He is a player whose loss can be covered given the players we have in reserve, even if it would hurt, and there are clubs out there who will be willing to pay to get him.

You know I love you Rhino, but that might be the first time you've had me laughing out loud.

(I do skim, but noticed those silly provisos you're referring to)

Martin is uncoachable...will not listen. If he goes to the Swans or Collingwood or Geelong or Fremantle or West Coast he'll be lucky to play 3 senior games.

He is not a champion, not a team player, has shown no improvement over 5 years....any pick, any club. Do the deal now.

'

Wow. Are you on the inner circle or what??

Martin is the smartest guy on the whole list. A heap smarter than you I suspect.

Would you take Grundy in his place?

Haven't seen enough of Grundy but I know he has taken a long time - 2005 rookie draft.

Martin was the 2008 pre-season draft. Give Martin another 3 years and then compare.

My gut says martin.

Would have to be a good deal, Stef will be by far and away our best ruckman next year.

Jamar will make a perfect back up ruckman aswell.

Hopefully we can get some forward training into both Stef and Jamar,

as they'd be ideal resting forward, especially Jamar if he can get over his fear of kicking the football.

Bailey always thought Stef would've made a good foward.

He also thought any coach who inherited the list would make finals this year... just sayin'

Martin, Moloney, Jurrah, Davey, Dunn, Gybsberts...is this Carnage or what?

Martin is far from gone, Moloney is testing FA, Jurrah is a completely unique circumstance and would be happening at any Melbourne based club, Davey is staying, Dunn is unannounced and Gysberts situation has been said by the club and coach to have been reported badly. Of your list it is possible only one will leave seemingly as a reaction to Neeld, Jurrah would be gone regardless, which means 4 of your list may not be going anywhere, hardly carnage, also if Gys, Martin or Dunn do go it may well be for a smart trade. Funny how quickly carnage becomes good list management and (if you are a real Melbourne supporter) how quickly you may warm to Neeld and the possible new inclusions if we win some games next year.

• Like 1

Sorry, won't respond to snide remarks or personal attacks. You want to talk footy, do so, otherwise don't respond to my comments and I'll return the favour.

Thanks.

I think he has a valid point though. Your comments suggest you know something or you have some inner knowledge about how Martin trains and works at the club. At least mention that or say you are assuming that Martin is like that.