Brent Moloney Departing MFC

Dr. Mubutu

He'll go to Essendon and proceed to tear every single soft tissue in his body, unless he continues just front running in which case he might be their only healthy player.

Guys this seasoned 28 year old experienced midfielder got absolutely creamed by Toby Greene and Harley Bennell amognst others this year, and why? Because he just doesn't work hard enough on the field.

• Like 2

Great post KC - I appreciate the feedback Hells Gates but the coach is not meant to be best mates with the players.....

There would have been a lot of legandary coaches not coaching if they were 'mates' with every player........ To the players I say jump on board or [censored] off.....

So Neeld had to gain the respect of a group of players who somehow managed to lose a game of football by 186 points last year?? Really? Neeld took two dysfunctional and under achieving football clubs in Ocean Grove and the Western Jets U18's and turned them into successful clubs. In the case of Ocean Grove, they won 4 flags in a row. In the case of the Western Jets, they're a development program that's now producing top 10 draft picks and AFL quality juniors thanks in large part to the overhaul he made.

As far as i'm concerned, I could care less if he hasn't been well received by some players, because our on-field performances in the last 6 years have not been well received by myself and most other Melbourne supporters.

I'm willing to give Neeld the benefit of the doubt from all the things we know about him, and from the dysfunctional situation he was put into. He's undertaking a massive task, and if some players can't cope because their noses are out of joint, then they can find another coach who will be their mate, or failing that, perhaps get a real job.

Don't shoot the messenger.

It is a hard position for me to explain and its even harder for you to understand given that you werent at the scene at the time. This is why I hate posting on this site now, I shouldnt even share the limited info I can to anyone as I'm getting tired of being looked down on. I wish I could say more but it frustrates me people on this site assuming things.

I would think any person new at any organization would have to earn some respect first, no matter who you are, even you and I.

What I wrote to start with was that players "arent saying its too hard", they enjoy the elite performance program, it was well before they even got to that stage. Anyway I'm out, too hard to explain. But I will say once again that the players are not unhappy with the standards that are being set, just the person himself.

• Like 2

How am I misrepresenting what he said?

He never said anything about being mates with the players

He agreed neeld had every right to get tough and set new standards

He hoped neeld's approach would work

He just questioned neeld's people skills in the initial phase suggesting he could have handled it better for a better outcome

That's not too hard to understand, unless you think he should be free of any constructive criticism

• Like 4

Good riddance Beamer. I'm just bout ready to catch one ..in Bali at present and can actually believe the HS going on at home. Put out the papers and the trash Yiddy Yiddy hack don't come back. Beamer still on banner DL. PLS REMOVE AND REPLACE WITH JERRY JERRRY JERRY. HOWE!!!!

Guest King Cuthbertson

It is a hard position for me to explain and its even harder for you to understand given that you werent at the scene at the time. This is why I hate posting on this site now, I shouldnt even share the limited info I can to anyone as I'm getting tired of being looked down on. I wish I could say more but it frustrates me people on this site assuming things.

I would think any person new at any organization would have to earn some respect first, no matter who you are, even you and I.

What I wrote to start with was that players "arent saying its too hard", they enjoy the elite performance program, it was well before they even got to that stage. Anyway I'm out, too hard to explain. But I will say once again that the players are not unhappy with the standards that are being set, just the person himself.

I understand what you're saying. I just disagree with the attitude. Are Pendlebury, Thomas, O'Brien, Maxwell, Cloke, Beams, Sidebottom and Wellingham simply wrong in their assessment's of Neeld as a coach?? Is it the players who are just mentally soft or is Neeld an uncaring monster who steals lollies off children?? I mean, what do you think of those players attitudes.. if you know them as you say.

As for the 'respect' part....It's kind of like saying your school teacher has to earn 'your' respect first as a student. Or wherever you work, that your boss has to earn your respect first. That's just ridiculous.

Neeld is the boss, let's not forget that.

Edited by King Cuthbertson

Guest King Cuthbertson

He never said anything about being mates with the players

He agreed neeld had every right to get tough and set new standards

He hoped neeld's approach would work

He just questioned neeld's people skills in the initial phase suggesting he could have handled it better for a better outcome

That's not too hard to understand, unless you think he should be free of any constructive criticism

But he's implicitly taking the players side without questioning their attitudes. He also said that Neeld should be Director of Coaching instead, which just makes no sense to me. The general point is making the assumption that it's Neeld's people skills that are the problem, if there is even a problem... and not simply the mental softness of a certain group of players who supposedly dislike him.

Neeld even made a comment shortly after his appointment along the lines that "things are conducted very differently down the road". Melbourne is like, what's your opinion?? Collingwood is more of an authoritarian structure. You know your role and you play your role. No questions..

My gut feeling, and the gut feeling of a lot of other MFC supporters is that a number of our players are mentally weak and not responsive to being challenged in the manner that succesful sides and succesful players are.

I am not having a go at you at all Hells Gates - and I sincerley appreciate the information you share.....

I agree with what you say... you need to have a certian respect when you come to a new enviroment.....

But in saying that my opinion - Bailey was best mates with the playing group - that ended in disaster for Bailey and the club. Now it seems we have gone to the other extreme with Neeld being a hard task master - I prey it dosen't also doesn't end in disaster....

At the end of the day if the players sign on to play for the club they need to live up to the coaches standards - if not I guess you need to find another club. I think the MFC has to be ruthless.

I said this in another thread - i reckon it takes good recruiting/trading/development to gain a good list - it takes players and coaches who are willing to do anything to win to turn a good list into a great list......

I prey Neeld is this man

• Like 1

I am not surprised at the amount of praise and support for Moloney among supporters...BUT those who bash Neeld for his stance GET BLOODY REAL you numbskulls. This team has been a disgrace...yes a miserable disgrace.

If changing a very bad culture means pissing people off...then all power to Neeld.

I have had a gutful of MFC apologists....take a look you lot, you are part of the bad culture.

As for Beamer....I wish him good luck however he was also part of the problem.

• Like 2

But in saying that my opinion - Bailey was best mates with the playing group - that ended in disaster for Bailey and the club. Now it seems we have gone to the other extreme with Neeld being a hard task master - I prey it dosen't also doesn't end in disaster....

I prey Neeld is this man

Daniher was even better mates with Whitey Ooze & Robbo.

I am not surprised at the amount of praise and support for Moloney among supporters...BUT those who bash Neeld for his stance GET BLOODY REAL you numbskulls. This team has been a disgrace...yes a miserable disgrace.

If changing a very bad culture means pissing people off...then all power to Neeld.

I have had a gutful of MFC apologists....take a look you lot, you are part of the bad culture.

As for Beamer....I wish him good luck however he was also part of the problem.

A thoughtless post Soidee!

Just look back over the last year - 'good' players have somehow become 'bad', and it's all their fault!

The club is divided over the process and the actual appointment of Neeld and his approach to coaching.

Most of the apologists are for Neeld - anyone who criticises him is accused of being a Bailey supporter - yet another wrong assumption.

Those supporters who think, realise the problems are much deeper.

• Like 2

But he's implicitly taking the players side without questioning their attitudes. He also said that Neeld should be Director of Coaching instead, which just makes no sense to me. The general point is making the assumption that it's Neeld's people skills that are the problem, if there is even a problem... and not simply the mental softness of a certain group of players who supposedly dislike him.

Neeld even made a comment shortly after his appointment along the lines that "things are conducted very differently down the road". Melbourne is like, what's your opinion?? Collingwood is more of an authoritarian structure. You know your role and you play your role. No questions..

My gut feeling, and the gut feeling of a lot of other MFC supporters is that a number of our players are mentally weak and not responsive to being challenged in the manner that succesful sides and succesful players are.

I think you need to appreciate what HG brings to the table when he does. I'm pretty sure hes realted closely to one of the players and president from memory. I can fully understand what he is saying and it seems most do. Rather than pick holes at HG maybe respect the info he does bring to the board. As a long time reader he is certainly one I follow with interest. As for the Neeld/Craig comparison, I took that as Craig is a better coach who gained respect on the spot whereas Neeld would be more suited to paperwork, I may be wrong but thats how I took it. And its well known that you have to earn respect first in anything.

• Like 1

Sounds like you think Collingwood is the only successful side and their approach must be correct KC.

Truth is Geelong and Hawthorn are the most successful clubs of recent years and they didn't require total subservience to the coach - in fact, their players thrive on being given responsibility.

BTW, welcome back, getting out more didn't last long did it - racking those posts up in a very short time yet again.

A thoughtless post Soidee!

Just look back over the last year - 'good' players have somehow become 'bad', and it's all their fault!

The club is divided over the process and the actual appointment of Neeld and his approach to coaching.

Most of the apologists are for Neeld - anyone who criticises him is accused of being a Bailey supporter - yet another wrong assumption.

Those supporters who think, realise the problems are much deeper.

That's where your post went off the rails. Good players?? Which ones are you referring to?? Moloney?? PLayed OK offensively against weak opposition. Winning a B& F at the 16th club doesn't make you a good player.

Who else?? Davey? Sylvia? Morton?

Some players havegone backwards this year. Frawley, Jamar and Garland are three that spring to mind. But the reality is we don't have many good players. Haven't for a long time.

• Like 1

Guest King Cuthbertson

Sounds like you think Collingwood is the only successful side and their approach must be correct KC.

Truth is Geelong and Hawthorn are the most successful clubs of recent years and they didn't require total subservience to the coach - in fact, their players thrive on being given responsibility.

BTW, welcome back, getting out more didn't last long did it - racking those posts up in a very short time yet again.

No, i'm saying they're a good measuring stick. I come at it from the opposite angle and say that it's the players who have to EARN their right to lead. Considering no player was able or willing to take hold of the playing group and instill a culture of professionalism and work ethic, i say they haven't earned the right to have input at this stage.

Granting people responsibility assumes that they have earnt it, and if you think our players who had the worst playing culture in the competition under Dean Bailey have earnt that right, well i'd like to know why.

No need to be sarcastic either.

Guest King Cuthbertson

I think you need to appreciate what HG brings to the table when he does. I'm pretty sure hes realted closely to one of the players and president from memory. I can fully understand what he is saying and it seems most do. Rather than pick holes at HG maybe respect the info he does bring to the board. As a long time reader he is certainly one I follow with interest. As for the Neeld/Craig comparison, I took that as Craig is a better coach who gained respect on the spot whereas Neeld would be more suited to paperwork, I may be wrong but thats how I took it. And its well known that you have to earn respect first in anything.

It's an attitude that's indicative of why this club has been a laughing stock for some time now. I'm sorry if that's offensive, but i'm sick of watching this amateurism year after year and having to put up with the constant barbs from opposition supporters and the media.

Neeld would be better suited to paperwork. Good lord...

It's an attitude that's indicative of why this club has been a laughing stock for some time now. I'm sorry if that's offensive, but i'm sick of watching this amateurism year after year and having to put up with the constant barbs from opposition supporters and the media.

He cant coach. Like Bailey a glowing assistant.

No, i'm saying they're a good measuring stick. I come at it from the opposite angle and say that it's the players who have to EARN their right to lead. Considering no player was able or willing to take hold of the playing group and instill a culture of professionalism and work ethic, i say they haven't earned the right to have input at this stage.

Granting people responsibility assumes that they have earnt it, and if you think our players who had the worst playing culture in the competition under Dean Bailey have earnt that right, well i'd like to know why.

No need to be sarcastic either.

So yet again it's all Bailey's fault, and it's a Neeld v Bailey contest - wrong!

My posts have made it clear I didn't, and don't, support either one - my criticism is that MFC stuffed up and are not prepared to admit, fix it and move on.

The last thing the club needs is more blind followers of the supposed new saviour - tough and immediate action is required, and removing players is not the answer.

Have you returned to us Jose?

Guest King Cuthbertson

So yet again it's all Bailey's fault, and it's a Neeld v Bailey contest - wrong!

My posts have made it clear I didn't, and don't, support either one - my criticism is that MFC stuffed up and are not prepared to admit, fix it and move on.

The last thing the club needs is more blind followers of the supposed new saviour - tough and immediate action is required, and removing players is not the answer.

Clueless.