• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Brent Moloney Departing MFC

Dr. Mubutu

Sounds like you think Collingwood is the only successful side and their approach must be correct KC.

Truth is Geelong and Hawthorn are the most successful clubs of recent years and they didn't require total subservience to the coach - in fact, their players thrive on being given responsibility.

BTW, welcome back, getting out more didn't last long did it - racking those posts up in a very short time yet again.

What? You reckon Clarkson's a people person? He's about as arrogant and single-minded as they come. I'm pretty sure nobody gets special treatment at Glenferrie.

• Like 1

But he's implicitly taking the players side without questioning their attitudes. He also said that Neeld should be Director of Coaching instead, which just makes no sense to me. The general point is making the assumption that it's Neeld's people skills that are the problem, if there is even a problem... and not simply the mental softness of a certain group of players who supposedly dislike him.

Neeld even made a comment shortly after his appointment along the lines that "things are conducted very differently down the road". Melbourne is like, what's your opinion?? Collingwood is more of an authoritarian structure. You know your role and you play your role. No questions..

My gut feeling, and the gut feeling of a lot of other MFC supporters is that a number of our players are mentally weak and not responsive to being challenged in the manner that succesful sides and succesful players are.

I can see what you both are saying

He gave a reasoned opinion which basically just said that it could have been handled better - fair comment

He never suggested Neeld should be palsy with the players as you claimed or didn't have the right to lay down some tough love

I think both your opinions have merit. Sometimes it's just the balance not he's right/your wrong

• Like 2

Whats wrong with our club?

A best fairest winner,

Former Vice Captain & leadership group

Wore his heart on his sleeve & blasted Brock when he left

Is our culture that crap?

We need answers & Neeld needs to explain why within 12mths we have lost a former Captain & Vice Captain!

Just appears that they both just didnt want to play for him

• Like 1

Whats wrong with our club?

A best fairest winner,

Former Vice Captain & leadership group

Wore his heart on his sleeve & blasted Brock when he left

Is our culture that crap?

We need answers & Neeld needs to explain why within 12mths we have lost a former Captain & Vice Captain!

Just appears that they both just didnt want to play for him

Yes, our culture was fine before Neeld...

Your senior players drive your culture, they drove us into 186, and circumstances has driven them out.

• Like 5

Moloney= Good honest B grade AFL player nothing more nothing less.

Thanks for 2011 and goodluck.

If you cant handle the heat in the kitchen get out.

Goodbye Brent.

ah bit sad to bm go , being a warrnambool lad and had his heart in it , took the lads here for boxing , swims in the bay at dawn , , it was good , people seem to forget that this year that has not happened why ? i just reckon they were a bit stuffed from all the hard yards under the new regime , , but i dont have a bad word for him , lots of great players have come out of here and i respect them all , cheers beamer , and good luck in the future

Good riddance Beamer. I'm just bout ready to catch one ..in Bali at present and can actually believe the HS going on at home. Put out the papers and the trash Yiddy Yiddy hack don't come back. Beamer still on banner DL. PLS REMOVE AND REPLACE WITH JERRY JERRRY JERRY. HOWE!!!!

bali eh ? STAY THERE !

Coaches, administrators and the board drive culture just as much, if not more.

I don't agree.

They may impact it, but a clubs culture is determined by the senior players of the time, and they are molded by the senior players of their development.

• Like 2

another disaster that is 100% Neelds fault. Moloney is a life long Melbourne supporter and for him to quit you know there are massive internal problems. He should have been made captain after winning the B & F but instead was dumped from the leadership group. The biggest insult is two boys who have played 30 games each were given the job over him. Moloney lost his confidence and he became a shaddow of himself on and off the field. The rest is history.

It is the coaches main task to get the most out of his players. Hallo this is why teams have coaches. Neeld does not get the most out of our players. Most of the list has gone several steps backwards under his rule.

Neeld must be fired. He is the biggest mistake the club has made since sacking Norm Smith. Neeld is a complete disaster. Anyone who suggests otherwise is seeing the world in rose colored glasses as the pain of the reality is too hard to take. Wake up and smell the coffee supporters of Neeld. Pretending something that is not, blind faith against reality will only end up making the disaster more damaging.

I beg the board. Please fire this joke of a coach.

dislike this

• Like 1

I don't agree.

They may impact it, but a clubs culture is determined by the senior players of the time, and they are molded by the senior players of their development.

A club's culture is determined by everyone involved, from the reception desk (which is what most people first see), to admin, coaches, players, etc etc. It's a real team effort.

• Like 1

To me Moloney was the face of everything that has been wrong with our club for the last 6 years - a flat track bully who would look good when we played the lesser teams and couldn't get near it against a team with some talent. He loved to finger point and he revelled in the fact that he could boss people around. It's well known that he is a pretty average bloke off the field and there is a reason why, when Neeld brought in the blank canvas, that he wasn't voted in to the leadership group.

What we have lost are people we NEEDED to lose. Moloney was never going to take us anywhere and we now have a spot that can be filled by a player who will, either straight away or over time, contribute more to the cause than Moloney ever could. I thank him for his contribution to the club but I am excited that Neeld and co. have no qualms about doing exactly what is required for the club moving forward.

We will only get better from this.

Good on Beamer for his dignified "thanks for the memories" tweet.

He seems content about his decision, and so does the club. It's as good a divorce as you can hope for I think.

Moloney will get an opportunity to continue to play his own way at a club where he isn't the number 1, 2 or even 3rd best midfielder, and we get to clean the list of people who don't 'fit in'.

Just hope we replace all these departures with something better, not third grade VFL battlers.

• Like 3

If Moloney is one dimensional, then what is Jordy who has from reports been offered 3 years???? I really am starting to wonder about "Neelds" strategies at this piont!

If you've got to have a bad weakness don't make it defence.

McKenzie is fantastic with his work effort, inspiring all around & is a very good tagger. Our best tagger. And with a work ethic like his I'd feel confident he'll grow & improve.

Not every player is inspring to other team mates. But many are Deflating.

• Like 1

We finally have a coach who is acting...... like a coach?

He needs to stand up and say something is wrong with the club when everyone else is sitting around doing the same old thing that obviously is not working.

We needed a coach to have the guts to get rid of players we do not need or get rid of the average player we are forever holding onto.

Bennell, Bartram, Couch and a couple of others will not make it so why bother keeping onto them when there might be a star player we can get our hands on?

We seriously need to act like a club that doesn't stand for average lazy players and become a club full of stars that work their ass's off!

You keep the players who are open to the changes & create a healthy environment to grow in.

And some players may be a little less talented than some marching out but you keep the 'Coachable' players who have upside, or others as depth.

This is the start of a fresh new culture where the club will gradually be the boss & recruits will be able to develop.

If CV's and ringing the former boss occurs in the trade period, wonder what glowing comments MFC & GFC coaches will give this bloke,,,, Personally I don't think he has much more to offer. Am I wrong when he left GFC (great move that was) that he wanted to leave cos he was starved of opportunities at GFC , or did he just sulk and move on like he's doing now? A 28 yo has been that has no motivation to go and look for an opportunity to please himself. Leadership skills won't be in that CV but Selfish individual would appear

Please forward your CVs of BM here-

Moloney didn't want to leave Geelong Demon SeaMan, and Bomber Thompson was shattered to give him up but they need to recruit a big forward and they thought Ottens was it - in the end he became their Ruck and they never really solved the second big forward problem until Pods, not that it hurt them!

It was sad to see Beamer run around this year staring at his opponent and not trying to win the ball, which was his greatest asset. Personally I felt last year he was as good as any other inside clearance midfielder in the AFL. I'm sure another club will pick him up and he'll have a great year next year. Good luck to him - he played every game in red and blue with passion, and more than any other player was the one that seemed to rally the troops and lead by example on the field.

I was a fan before he got to us and I'll be a fan wherever he goes next

• Like 2