Who should we pick up?

Grimseyisgod

spot the falcons supporter?!

Absolutley although he is a Royals boy from the Coolbinia Bombers before he was picked up by the Saints. He came back to West Perth & Josh SMITH went to the Royals.

Seen a kid playing for Swan Districts the other day first name escapes me but surname of Stevens didn't get a lot of the ball maybe 18/20 touches but every touch was quality and hit a target.

Tom Lee from Claremont would be a handy pick up for someone as well. Plenty of good players at WAFL level

• Like 1

Absolutley although he is a Royals boy from the Coolbinia Bombers before he was picked up by the Saints. He came back to West Perth & Josh SMITH went to the Royals.

Seen a kid playing for Swan Districts the other day first name escapes me but surname of Stevens didn't get a lot of the ball maybe 18/20 touches but every touch was quality and hit a target.

Tom Lee from Claremont would be a handy pick up for someone as well. Plenty of good players at WAFL level

Tom Lee is meant to be in the mix to get pick according to the airchair experts.

there are some ridiculously good possible pick up this year from the draft.

what about Jay Van berlo, he looked like a really good player and clearly doesnt fit in. Brodie Moles, James Magner like.

Wellingham has now denied interest, but i think its bullocks as no offer is yet to be made.

Out

Pettered for 3rd or 4th round pick

Bate for 4th or 5th round Pick

Moloney FA

Rivers FA (Hope Not)

Tapscott Possible Trade Bait

In

Wellingham for our13th pick

Gumbleton for the pick we may get for Bate

Ashley Smith for 3rd Round Pick possibly Petterd pick

Tapscott for Andy Otten

C Knights FA

Draft

Pick 3 Viney

Pick 4 Toumpas

B Garland Frawley D Nicholson

HB Otten Mcdonald A Smith

C Trengrove Jones Wellingham

HF Sylvia Gumbleton Howe

FF Blease Clark Knights

R Jamar Grimes Viney

INT Martin, Mckenzie,Watts SUB Gysberts

Thats what I would try make happen If I was in Charge

i just think we are stuffed, we need

3 good defenders

3 quick tough mid fielders and

3 solid forwards

it will take 4 years to cmulate. have we got the patients?

I'd say we need two good midfielders (3 would be nice) and two good forwards (tall and small) and we'd be pretty much right.

We have a passable backline, just our midfield and forward line need beefing up. If we draft right this year (why it is so massive for us) we can go a good way to fixing all these problems. We potentially have 3 first round draft picks (that is massive) and throw in Viney. This could be our superdraft.

I think if all goes well in this years draft we could see finals 2014 for sure. So all things going well I'd say we can turn around this train-wreck of a team in this off season.

Edited by SloonieMcFloonieloone
  • Like 1

Jay Van Berlo is a dedicated footballer but just doesn't have it, Nathan is the only one from teh family to cut it at AFL level, Mitch is playing Colts/Reserves at West Perth but IMO will even struggle to play league at WAFL level.

PASS

• Like 1

i just think we are stuffed, we need

3 good defenders

3 quick tough mid fielders and

3 solid forwards

it will take 4 years to cmulate. have we got the patients?

I think in the defence we actually arent that bad. Weve got Tom Mcdonald, Frawley, Garland, Watts, Nicho, Grimes can be defence, Rivers is probably going to go. So maybe we need 1 or 2 new defenders.

midfielders can argue with that. we do need 2-3 new guns., not average players, guns.

Forwards: bit harsh to say 3, i think the forward line is where we arent too bad. Howe, potentially Watts, Sylvia, Clarke, blease, tappas.

we arent that bad, just lacking some guns

Retain:

Core group (10): Jones, Clark, Grimes, Frawley, Howe, Trengove, T Macd, Sylvia, Blease, Jordie Mck

Role (9): Garland, Jamar, Watts, Tapscott, Dunn, Sellar, Nicholson, Strauss, Bail,

Developing (4) Taggert, Tynan, Fitzpatrick, Gawn

On the fringe (5): Davey, Jetta, Spencer, Joel Macd, Davis.

= 28

Retired – Brad Green

Free agents: Jared Rivers, Brent Moloney, Matthew Bate

Trade: Petterd (or delist), Morton, Martin, Gysberts

Delist – Cook, Jurrah, Bennell, Bartram

That’s up to 12 spots available. But I think the club may stop at 10. It is still a huge 25% turnover of the group.

WHAT WE NEED

1- an absolute star and leader. : Brendan Goddard

2- mids, mids and mids

Free agent : Darryle Pearce (Power)

Trade for: Sharrod Wellingham (Pies – trade for Stef Martin & our comp free agent pick for Rivers approx 30), Josh Caddy (Suns - trade for pick 13), Mav Weller (Suns – swap for Jordan Gysberts), Koby Stevens (Eagles), Jed Lamb (Swans), Brett Meredith (Swans), Jarryd Lyons (crows),

Draft: Jack Viney ( a given), plus at least min. two of these players

- pick 3,4 : Brodie Grundy, Jimmy Toumpas, Oliver Wines, Sam Mayes

- pick 13: Ben Kennedy, Jake Stringer Jackson Macrae and Nick Vlastin.

- pick 45/65: Sean Lynch & Corey Chalmers (WA u18’s) Mitch Woofinden (Port VFL), Kane Mitchell (WA),

PSD:

3-small fwds

Free agent: Shannon Byrnes (Cats),

Trade for: Matthew Jaensch (crows … Petterd to Suns, Jolly to Crows, Jaensch to Dees)

Draft: Dayle Gartlett (WA pick #13), Chris Yarran (WA, pick 45 ish)

PSD: Jared Moore (swans PSD), Callum Bartlett (lions PSD),

4-tall fwds

Mini draft: Jesse Hogan (GWS get #3, and we get Hogan and their 3rd rd pick 43)

Free agent / Trade for: Shaun Mckernan (Crows), Aaron Cornelius (lions), Quinten Lynch (eagles)

Draft: Mason Shaw (WA pick 13), Kristian Jaksch (pick 13), Tom Lee (pick 45), Khan Haretau (pick 65)

5- a half back quarterback

Free agent: Jordan Russell (Blues)

Trade for: Ben Jacobs (Port) – swap for pick 13

Draft: Sam Colquhoun (SA – pick #13), Paul Marschall (SA Centrals pick 45), Jackson Thurlow (TAS – pick 45)

We will be active. We will & shake up the list with around 10 spots available, I would aim for :

Mids x5 (incl Viney & Grundy if available), Small fwd x2, Tall fwd x2 and Half back quarterback x1

Going back to basics, however, we must understand that Cloke is the key to all these houses of cards.

If Cloke stays at the filth, he will take up a lot of their cap. Some other very good players may be squeezed out (Wellingham, Goldsack, ...?). In this scenario, we have lots of money (Moloney, Green, Jurrah gone, lots of salaries already paid front loaded) and we should be very active in FA/RFA offers and trading.

If Cloke leaves the filth, he will either come to us or go to some other club.

If he goes to some other club then they will have a salary cap issue and may even have one or two players squeezed out. Much like the "stay at the filth" scenario, but different players available.

If he comes to us he will take up a lot of our spare cap money. We will have a 2nd top tall forward, but won't be able to be so active in FA/RFA or trade. Will need to rely on drafting and fringe trades.

So we should be looking at all three scenarions - different players, available by different mechanisms, under each scenario.

I feel it would be worth giving Gavin Urquhart a go, he was just de-listed by the kangaroos and could add that hardened body to the team.

bahahha!!! not the greatest start to demonland footy ey pal..

first of all he has been delisted TWICE so what does that tell you.. while we are at it give juice newton a call to see if he wants a spot on the list

Guest Rassilon

Retain:

Core group (10): Jones, Clark, Grimes, Frawley, Howe, Trengove, T Macd, Sylvia, Blease, Jordie Mck

Role (9): Garland, Jamar, Watts, Tapscott, Dunn, Sellar, Nicholson, Strauss, Bail,

= 28

Retired – Brad Green

That’s up to 12 spots available. But I think the club may stop at 10. It is still a huge 25% turnover of the group.

WHAT WE NEED

2- mids, mids and mids

Trade for: Sharrod Wellingham (Pies – trade for Stef Martin & our comp free agent pick for Rivers approx 30), Josh Caddy (Suns - trade for pick 13), Mav Weller (Suns – swap for Jordan Gysberts), Koby Stevens (Eagles), Jed Lamb (Swans), Brett Meredith (Swans), Jarryd Lyons (crows),

- pick 45/65: Sean Lynch & Corey Chalmers (WA u18’s) Mitch Woofinden (Port VFL), Kane Mitchell (WA),

PSD:

3-small fwds

Trade for: Matthew Jaensch (crows … Petterd to Suns, Jolly to Crows, Jaensch to Dees)

4-tall fwds

Free agent / Trade for: Shaun Mckernan (Crows), Aaron Cornelius (lions), Quinten Lynch (eagles)

Draft: Mason Shaw (WA pick 13), Kristian Jaksch (pick 13), Tom Lee (pick 45), Khan Haretau (pick 65)

Draft: Sam Colquhoun (SA – pick #13), Paul Marschall (SA Centrals pick 45), Jackson Thurlow (TAS – pick 45)

We will be active. We will & shake up the list with around 10 spots available, I would aim for :

Mids x5 (incl Viney & Grundy if available), Small fwd x2, Tall fwd x2 and Half back quarterback x1

Morton has a contract I have a feeling we will hold onto him.

McKernan is a nice pick up - but I wonder with the now Pederson rumours maybe North are into him.

PS Ease up on de-listing Liam please.

Edited by Rassilon

Retain:

= 28

Retired – Brad Green

WHAT WE NEED

2- mids, mids and mids

PSD:

3-small fwds

4-tall fwds

you have made some pretty good points. But honestly, Gold Coast will not settle for just pick 13, we would need to give pettard and pick 13 for that. Weller would be a good pickup, but so would Josh Toy which you havent included.

Wellingham could be a potentially a good pickup, but personally i think we should make a big play for Tippet, the least you can do is offer him.

Also Watts needs to be included in your core group, Watts has actually become underated, the form he showed this year before he got injured is something that all Melbourne supporters should be excited about, he was as good as Goddard.

If Melbourne decide they want him, Grundy will be at the Dees next year.

The draft players id like to see at Melbourne next year would be:

Toumpas, Grundy, Jack Viney.. I wouldnt actually mind trading the rest of our picks.

Pick 13: trade for Wellingham. I would personally go: Stefan Martin and pick 13 for Sharrod Wellingham and Collingwood 4th round pick

bahahha!!! not the greatest start to demonland footy ey pal..

first of all he has been delisted TWICE so what does that tell you.. while we are at it give juice newton a call to see if he wants a spot on the list

If you look back at the start of his career, he was touted as a potential star. He then fell out of favour through injuries and bad luck. He has a mature body which is what we are after. BUT i know its not the greatest start to the forum but we should look at all possible players.

Out

Pettered for 3rd or 4th round pick

Bate for 4th or 5th round Pick

Moloney FA

Rivers FA (Hope Not)

Tapscott Possible Trade Bait

In

Wellingham for our13th pick

Gumbleton for the pick we may get for Bate

Ashley Smith for 3rd Round Pick possibly Petterd pick

Tapscott for Andy Otten

C Knights FA

Draft

Pick 3 Viney

Pick 4 Toumpas

B Garland Frawley D Nicholson

HB Otten Mcdonald A Smith

C Trengrove Jones Wellingham

HF Sylvia Gumbleton Howe

FF Blease Clark Knights

R Jamar Grimes Viney

INT Martin, Mckenzie,Watts SUB Gysberts

Thats what I would try make happen If I was in Charge

Not bad but interchange list doesn't provide much flexibility or dynamics. 2 talls and Mckenzie. We would need more players with run their i would think

There is no way in hell, that I trade Tappscott!

His apatite for the contest and grunt work of the ball is what this club is crying out for..... If anything I would recruit more like him....

We are about to lose Moloney and people want to trade the only other player on our list with a bit of grunt..... Far out....

• Like 3