Rats In The Ranks ... On The Couch attack was 'staged'

Range Rover

Paul Gardner inflames a delicate situation when he doesn't need to. What a scumbag.

Joseph Gutnick fesses up about salary cap breaches when he doesn't need to. We're fined and lose draft picks.

Gabriel Szondy was an incompetent fool.

Is it little wonder the club's plight is what it is ? Who needs enemies when you've got these three ? And some of you have concerns about McLardy ? I'd take him any day.

• Like 12

If there are those with clout trying to undermine the current administration then it is a good thing.

Yeah, it's great ADC.

An unknown group of people bent on the destruction of the club.

lol

Showing your true colours here, ADC.

I think you are a troll and should be banned...again.

Don't like saying that but there it is.

• Like 6

Paul Gardner inflames a delicate situation when he doesn't need to. What a scumbag.

Joseph Gutnick fesses up about salary cap breaches when he doesn't need to. We're fined and lose draft picks.

Gabriel Szondy was an incompetent fool.

Is it little wonder the club's plight is what it is ? Who needs enemies when you've got these three ? And some of you have concerns about McLardy ? I'd take him any day.

You are going to raise the ire of HSOG with comments like that...

One thing I have harped on about all morning - what 'tanking' did Gardner see in early 08?

If he thinks that was tanking, he doesn't know tanking.

We were as shite then as we are now - for similar reasons too.

But not to do with tanking.

The only rat here is Sheahan, and possibly Healy, but this has Mike Sheahan written all over it.

Brock is no rocket scientist, and Mike smelled what he termed himself a "soft kill" in getting him to open up on camera.

Saying this was influenced by someone within the club is an enormous stretch I have to say.

I don't even know who you're talking about.

Nor do I care.

hazy.

And you do, because you alluded to it in a reply to a post of his.

Thanks for replying, I appreciate you taking an interest in what I have to say.

Yeah, it's great ADC.

An unknown group of people bent on the destruction of the club.

lol

Showing your true colours here, ADC.

I think you are a troll and should be banned...again.

Don't like saying that but there it is.

Thanks WW. The destruction at the club has been happening for a while now and well on its way to completion.

Problem with you is, you hate anyone making the right call when things are going wrong and label them as trolls. You are just a flailing denialist whose blinkered views are just mass spammed flaming irrelevance.

Edited by america de cali

Stynes message was often the same tho'.

Stynes still climbed out of his sick bed (often against doctors orders) to attend games and functions

Gardner missed a season opener one year cause he was going hiking or something.......Stynes was 100% committed to the club

It was a status and past time for Gardner

• Like 4

Gardner coming out with further tanking talk is a disgrace.

He will not be forgiven for kicking us in the guts. This was the bloke in charge of our club that Jimmy alluded to not being open and honest about our financial plight, so Jimmy let the world know our problem so we could go solve our debt crisis.

Very angry at Gardner who should be ashamed of himself.

Just cannot believe all the blokes who made a livelihood at the Dees coming out and sh1tting all over us.

They should be ashamed of themselves.

• Like 3

Thanks WW. The destruction at the club has been happening for a while now and well on its way to completion.

Problem with you is, you hate anyone making the right call when things are going wrong and label them as trolls. You are just a flailing denialist whose blinkered views are just mass spammed flaming irrelevance.

lol

I am pretty happy with where I sit on most issues when it comes to the MFC.

You seem to take great glee when the club is being attacked and that is fine.

Just don't expect anyone on here to take you seriously.

Trolls gonna troll.

• Like 1

Putting it simply, it's about bruised egos, revenge and money.

Maybe you see it that way because they are things important to you.

Maybe you were right about Scully because you could empathise with the way he behaved.

I don't see any conspiracy.

It was reasonable to have Brock on the show after he has resurrected his career, kicked the winning goal and is out of contract.

There was a big article on him in The Age too.

As IRW says, a question about him leaving MFC was reasonable and to be expected.

He's not very bright and failed to see the implications of his answer which was easier for him to say than "for a fat 3 year x $400K contract"

Opportunistic journalists jumped through the door.

FWIW any "investigation" will go nowhere - Brock has no evidence, just a feeling. As Tim Watson pointed out this morning, Demetriou said anyone involved in tanking would be run out of the game so it's very unlikely that anyone with any evidence will confess. Dean Bailey is probably enjoying himself at Adelaide.

Paul Gardner is another story ...

• Like 8

lol

I am pretty happy with where I sit on most issues when it comes to the MFC.

You seem to take great glee when the club is being attacked and that is fine.

Just don't expect anyone on here to take you seriously.

Trolls gonna troll.

You are happy with what is going on at the club? How can anyone take you seriously.

You are happy with what is going on at the club? How can anyone take you seriously.

Give me one good reason to bother with you when you just took me out of context so flagrantly.

Oddly enough, another trait of trolls...

Give me one good reason to bother with you when you just took me out of context so flagrantly.

Oddly enough, another trait of trolls...

If you think I am a troll them why bother? Are you too weak to resist? You can have the last word as always.

• Like 1

It was reasonable to have Brock on the show after he has resurrected his career, kicked the winning goal and is out of contract.

a question about him leaving MFC was reasonable and to be expected.

He's not very bright and failed to see the implications of his answer

Opportunistic journalists jumped through the door

Gardner makes me angry, even more angry than CS and CS still being around the club

Fellow Melbourne supporters, I put it to you that there is nothing 'random' or 'coincidental' about the mysterious surfacing of the 'tanking' issue over the past 24 hours.

Mike Sheahan and Gerard Healy clearly threw Brock McLean a 'Dorothy Dixer' on On The Couch the other night and whether willingly or unwittingly, he took the bait hook, line and sinker. I'd be leaning to the latter given the forthright way he answered the question.

Yes, these men knew what a sh1tstorm such comments would cause and have clearly set about going on the attack against the Melbourne Football Club and specifically, the powerbrokers who run it. The question is ... why?

No proof of course. Just a hunch. But I put it to you that they were put up to it by a disgruntled element within our own playing list, blokes who face the chop at the end of he year or who have had their noses put out of joint by Neeld's iron-fisted methods.

Brock still has a little cabal of "mates at the club". He found a sympathetic ear in Sheahan.

You do the math.

Don't read too much into it. There really isn't anything new. P Johnson was straight up and didn't say anything incriminating. Experimenting with players out of position isn't deliberately dropping the game. This will all blow over again.

Don't read too much into it. There really isn't anything new. P Johnson was straight up and didn't say anything incriminating. Experimenting with players out of position isn't deliberately dropping the game. This will all blow over again.

Possibly...hopefully.... except Demetriou has said that there is no tanking while everyone knows there is...now journos coaches players and Board Members are saying there is and Vlad may realise that he's wearing no cloths and has egg on his face.

Der Fuhrer's revenge may be out of all proportion to the offense

If there are those with clout trying to undermine the current administration then it is a good thing.

A good thing? A good thing that they'll send the club to the wall? A good thing that these noble men "love" the club so much that rather than pitch in they're adopting a scorched earth policy?

You sound as though you'd be happy to see the club go under just so you could yell "I told you so!" from the rooftops.

There is always room for robust debate about the direction of the MFC but not trying to tear it down from within.

If there's something constructive to contribute fine but otherwise fit in or f off!

• Like 1

Of course it was staged? It's not like Brock was at the forefront of the tanking debate before the show went to air.

They knew what his response would be, would have asked beforehand if it was OK to ask him about it, and knew it would blow up like it did.

That said, if it's an issue, it's an issue. If Melbourne lost on purpose (I don't think they did, rather just a "looking forward" approach), they deserve the scrutiny.

Maybe you see it that way because they are things important to you.

Maybe you were right about Scully because you could empathise with the way he behaved.

As IRW says, a question about him leaving MFC was reasonable and to be expected.

He's not very bright and failed to see the implications of his answer which was easier for him to say than "for a fat 3 year x $400K contract"

Opportunistic journalists jumped through the door.

FWIW any "investigation" will go nowhere - Brock has no evidence, just a feeling. As Tim Watson pointed out this morning, Demetriou said anyone involved in tanking would be run out of the game so it's very unlikely that anyone with any evidence will confess. Dean Bailey is probably enjoying himself at Adelaide.

lol You again? Still smarting over the spanking I gave you last year in the Scully affair?

Some people never learn.

Meanwhile, back here on Planet Reality, you know - the one where people are motivated by self-interest and money (shock! horror!), I'd be taking a very close look at players within our own list with an axe to grind. Especially players who may or may not have been unceremoniously dumped from the leadership group. Players who may or may not be facing the wilderness at season's end. Even players who may or may not have finished very high in best and fairest counts in recent years and feel they have a natural born right to a permanent job at the MFC regardless of performance.

Players who may or may not have liked what happened to Junior. Have a look at them.

"Treason doth never prosper", wrote an English poet. "What's the reason? ... Why, for if it prosper, none dareth call it treason."

Hey Old ... someone recently started a thread called "Stages of Grief". I suggest you go and have a read of it and take note of Stage 1.

That's where you are currently at.