Tune in to SEN now - KB to bring up tanking sanctions for Melb.

Range Rover

Perhaps they might strip us of all points this year and all premierships cups since 2005!

Ironically that sanction will net us pick 1 & 2 in this years draft... lol

• Like 1

This is 2009 we are talking about.

We are bad right now because of poor recruitment and development from around 2000 to 2005 (players from that are still the best in the comp come from these drafts).

Not from what we did to secure a PP in 2009.

I could not agree more rpfc.

But I have serious doubts the crop from 2005 is any better.

I see very little about the 2005 on recruits that gives me reason to feel the future is wonderful.

They look very similar to me.

Not good enough.

Why do the upper management and board escape scrutiny for our current position?

....then some heads must roll in house.. Schwabb (already with form) and Connolly would be a good start.

You're probably not wrong, for us to change the culture we may need to get some from the old regime out. Connolly has been way out of the spotlight this year, and that's the way it should be, I can't say if he's done a good job or not because I don't have enough inside information.

Schwabb is the interesting one, he speaks so well for the club but I can't really say his performance has been great. This red and blue print is certainly not going according to plan, but a lot of financial success rests of on-field success especially since we have a low supporter base. He got the weird one year extension during the Bailey debacle last year, has he earned an extension on that? If we can get someone better, I say we go for it.

Two points, from 2007 we have been an extremely bad team there weren't to many games we could have won. Secondly no wonder Bailey got the sack, any coach has to the right thing to get the opportunity to make his playing list better, it is in the coaches best interest to improve his list, he shouldn't have needed people higher up to push this.

Every club that has received priority draft picks would have made sure they received them, the prize of the top 2 or 2 picks with in the top 6 or addition picks inside the top 25 was to good to refuse. Does the AFL strip Hawthorn of the flag and Buddy Franklin, Collingwood a flag and Dale Thomas, Carlton laughed at the AFL's draft sanctions the made sure they received the priority picks to get Gibbs and Murphy the followed up with Kruz and Judd.

It is easy to kick Melbourne at the moment we can't kick back.

• Like 1

Interesting to see that there is not a single no. 1 draft pick at a top 8 team as the ladder sits right now. Not even sure if there are any priority picks, maybe hawthorn with Franklin / Roughhead. Looking at the ladder, it looks to me that the majority of early picks are at clubs in the bottom half. Top teams have had early picks, but none excessively so. Perhaps airing the truth will help the club more than it will set them back. I doubt there will be any ramifications from Brocks comments, it has been speculated on in the past, surely the AFL has looked at it before.

I'm a little over pinning my hopes on early draft picks, we just do nothing with them.

Or we are the world's worst selectors

If the public's reaction is anything to go by; nobody cares.

This is merely chump bait for the tabloid press.

Twitterers are berating Brock for being a hypocrite.

It looks like it was an opportunistic 'tv job application' for a role post footy career.

This is just lazy, pathetic posting RR. The supporters that are concerned for the wellbeing of the MFC aren't acting like the sky is falling, it's because we have genuine concerns for the state of our Club. The AFL are ruthless if they want to be, you nor I have any control over what Vlad does and wants. At the moment, if it's on his agenda to remove one Vic-based team from the league, we would be frontrunners. I for one want to bring my children up being able to support the Melbourne Demons as I know it, but if things don't change, and let's face it, they are dramatic changes, I don't know if I'll get that chance.

It's quie interesting that the regular posters who are concerned for the health of the MFC are generally "older" posters, such as Old Dee, WYL, and myself. Perhaps it's the majority that need to stop living in fantasy land and realise this is bloody serious. The future of the MFC is far from certain, yet some continue to think that we are immune from potential folding/merger.

Nb. I'm not saying that we're screwed, I'm just seeing it from all angles.

Your trying to fluff this issue up for your own agenda. Nothing more pathetic or lazier than that.

How are the AFL going to prove tanking particularly when its now 3 years on?? Given the AFL and Vlad has already said that there was no tanking then why would they open a pandora's box that would make them look stupid, inept, incorrect and asleep for 3 years. And if they look at MFC where do you stop ...Carlton, Hawthorn? If you havent worked it out, smears of tanking are a direct smear on the AFL and its draft rules which it has stoutly defend.

And what have they got to go? The throwaway comments from an embittered ex player who was on the outer at MFC and who has a well known reputation for making his mouth move independently of his brain. FMD

And the issue of MFC folding? Melodrama??? This is a seperate issue which will come about if we dont turn around our on field performances. Not jumping around like your old Aunt who has just seen a mouse in the kitchen.

Now go out and see if the sky is falling.......

• Like 2

West Coast rested most of its team to get pick 2, they also got a priority pick I think Luke Shuey or Tom Swift. We should have had Watts and Nik Nat if it wasn't for one win against the bulldogs in 2007.

• Like 1

Interesting to see that there is not a single no. 1 draft pick at a top 8 team as the ladder sits right now. Not even sure if there are any priority picks, maybe hawthorn with Franklin / Roughhead.

You were right with the Hawks, and Hodge is a no. 1 pick. Pies got Pendlebury and Thomas with PP. And I keep hearing West Coast being mentioned but I can't recall them tanking.

I think you're point is that tanking and building through the draft is a floored mentality and I tend to agree with you. I wasn't happy with us doing it, and during in the lead up to the Kruezer cup I would've liked the AFL to just abolish the picks all together then and there. I thought the same leading into the Richmond match. Carlton perfected it, and they are still well off the pace even with a star player in Judd. The Saints came close but I can't say they tanked, nor did they get rid of all their senior players. Pies I feel tanked to a degree but not as bad as us or the Blues, but again they kept older players around.

EDIT: Forgot Nik Nat, shame we beat the doggies the year before. Should've had him and Watts.

Edited by Pates

It amazes me how people are getting sucked into the frivolous melodrama.

The sky is falling....The Sky is falling....The sky is falling.

Now where is that storm over the teacup photo?

I think it is a very serious issue myself. I have been waiting for this issue to surface for a long time. It was always going to. 186 was when it should have been fully cracked.

It is part of the reason we are so awful this year. Not all but part.

You were right with the Hawks, and Hodge is a no. 1 pick. Pies got Pendlebury and Thomas with PP. And I keep hearing West Coast being mentioned but I can't recall them tanking.

I think you're point is that tanking and building through the draft is a floored mentality and I tend to agree with you. I wasn't happy with us doing it, and during in the lead up to the Kruezer cup I would've liked the AFL to just abolish the picks all together then and there. I thought the same leading into the Richmond match. Carlton perfected it, and they are still well off the pace even with a star player in Judd. The Saints came close but I can't say they tanked, nor did they get rid of all their senior players. Pies I feel tanked to a degree but not as bad as us or the Blues, but again they kept older players around.

EDIT: Forgot Nik Nat, shame we beat the doggies the year before. Should've had him and Watts.

So you pine for the lost chance at getting NicNat yet in the same breath say tanking and building through the draft is a floored mentality?

Interesting take :wacko:

I think it is a very serious issue myself. I have been waiting for this issue to surface for a long time. It was always going to. 186 was when it should have been fully cracked.

It is part of the reason we are so awful this year. Not all but part.

Yes wyl.

To some extend we have created the monster that could easily devour us.

We created this don't go after every win every week attitude.

And now we wonder why we cannot beat time with a stick.

Even now people are saving we should be tanking this year.

To hell with that.

The biggest problem is we don't have to tank we are this bad.

What's noteworthy is that Rob Walls is on with KB right now and not once has he been asked by KB about the Brock tanking allegations.

Obviously Wallsy doesn't want to open the Carltank can of worms.

This will go nowehere Rpfc is right because too many people stand to lose out of it.

Commercial Radio and TV with hyper adjectives. The issue is done and dusted!!! Brock get over it! Why is this only now coming out? Bring more attention to yourself after getting a few kicks.

Dean Bailey took the blow for Melbourne FC. AFL have investigated this one and it's all old news!! We all know what happened here. Time to move on.