Jake Spencer

What. No bump this week Robbie?

Beaten in hit outs again, less possessions than the opposing ruckman again and far less marks which is a signature of a good mobile ruckman.

Oh and we were playing an atrocious team.

And we haven't even mentioned how well he used the ball today.

And Giles has only played 1 year.

Sugar coat this one Robbie....

Extra! Extra! Read all about it: "Low-risk big man plays poor game."
  • Like 1

Beaten in hit outs again, less possessions than the opposing ruckman again and far less marks which is a signature of a good mobile ruckman.

Yeah he got caned in the hit outs 25 to 24, wow that was sensational, he had 15 possessions to 21 so that wasn't exactly a caning either. So i guess you rear your head whenever Spencer has a bad day will you? Hope you are just as quick to congratulate him when he has a good one.

Jonathan Giles is a big ruckman who is known for taking strong marks. Jonathan spent four years on Port Adelaide’s senior list from 2006 until 2009 but missed selection in all four years.

Giles is also nearly 25 and has a couple of years on Spencer.

BTW Loved your assessment on Tallia.

• Like 1

Pretty sure Giles was on Ports list for 2-3 years without a break from AFL, try again

Yep, spot on! To quote his profile on the GWS site: Jonathan spent four years on Port Adelaide’s senior list from 2006 until 2009 but missed selection in all four years.

The other thing I would like to know is how many games Giles has played this season. Jake has a total of 15 games in his injury interrupted career with the MFC...does Giles have more?

Listed in our best in this mornings Age.

Sorry for Jake, he worked really hard to get back after injury but he is a worse kick than Jamar and his marking skills are not good enough for a big man.

On the delist/ trade pile for me

This guy is a hack, lucky Stefan Martin doesn't have a tank or else he would be at Casey!

For a HACK - didn't do a bad job yesterday.

This guy is a hack, lucky Stefan Martin doesn't have a tank or else he would be at Casey!

For a HACK - didn't do a bad job yesterday.

Listed in our best in this mornings Age.

Sorry for Jake, he worked really hard to get back after injury but he is a worse kick than Jamar and his marking skills are not good enough for a big man.

On the delist/ trade pile for me

Yeah agree. He has played well after his knee reco and is still young and in experienced but that one bad game should be his last. Especially for big guys who should play well from their first game till their last. Mark Jamar comes to mind. He was hailed as the best damn thing from his first game. So was Mumford too, that's why I'm sure Geelong are rapped that Sydney took him off their hands. We should draft a young ruckman and throw him in their with gorilla's as opponents and if he doesn't set the world on fire then he is fired too as well as Mark Neeld cause that's his fault too!

• Like 1

http://www.theage.co...0819-24gto.html

MELBOURNE v GREATER WESTERN SYDNEY

David Polkinghorne

Toby Greene (Greater Western Sydney) 8

Jeremy Howe (Melbourne) 7

Luke Power (Greater Western Sydney) 7

Jake Spencer (Melbourne) 7

Lynden Dunn (Melbourne) 7

http://www.theage.co...0819-24gto.html

MELBOURNE v GREATER WESTERN SYDNEY

David Polkinghorne

Toby Greene (Greater Western Sydney) 8

Jeremy Howe (Melbourne) 7

Luke Power (Greater Western Sydney) 7

Jake Spencer (Melbourne) 7

Lynden Dunn (Melbourne) 7

What game was he watching?!

Giles gave him a bath and left him in the tub naked and cold.

Jacobs and Tippett were sexually aroused when Spencer was on.

As a ruckman he was worse than horrible. As a marking target around the ground he was terrible and but for his courageous effort in the goal square in the last quarter he was a liability.

Pretty hard for our midfield to get their hands on the ball when you have Jacobs and Tippet jamming it down their teammates thoughts 80% of the time with consummate ease.

There were plenty who were bad today.

Jake was at the head of that list.

Jacobs and Tippett were sexually aroused when Spencer was on.

As a ruckman he was worse than horrible. As a marking target around the ground he was terrible and but for his courageous effort in the goal square in the last quarter he was a liability.

Pretty hard for our midfield to get their hands on the ball when you have Jacobs and Tippet jamming it down their teammates thoughts 80% of the time with consummate ease.

There were plenty who were bad today.

Jake was at the head of that list.

So you were happy with Frawley's game?

Spencer 13 Possessions 4 Marks 21 Hit outs 7 Tackles 1 Goal

Jacobs 15 Possessions 2 Marks 32 Hit Outs 0 Tackles 0 Goals

Spencer was ordinary today but so was the rest of the team; Jacobs is one of the best ruckmen in the competition, you do know that don't you, so I would expect that he would win that contest.

Perhaps if your boy Cook could get out of the development league and get a game in the AFL we might be able to see how good he is.

Spencer was ordinary today but so was the rest of the team; Jacobs is one of the best ruckmen in the competition, you do know that don't you, so I would expect that he would win that contest.

Perhaps if your boy Cook could get out of the development league and get a game in the AFL we might be able to see how good he is.

Don't you dare defend Spencer today. That was as putrid a display of 'ruckwork' I have ever seen. If there was ever a situation of the statistics lying, this is it.

Spencer was uncompetitive in the ruck contests, was pushed and shoved out of the way at marking contests, dropped marks, continually handballed to players under pressure because he didn't want to kick, and just generally was lifeless. If there's anything he should be able to do now, though, after all these years, it's ruck, and that was the single-most galling part of him today. I have no idea how he got 21 hitouts but none of them would have been to any sort of advantage.

• Like 2

Hey Robbie. Where in my post did i say i was happy with Frawley's game? Show me? I actually made the comment that MANY were bad.

You have resorted to making stuff up and baffling with bulldust to try to defend him.

You love trying to divert attention away from the facts. Stop making stuff up and look at it realistically.

Yep i do know Jacobs is one of the best. But you can at least make a bloke like that earn his hitouts, not have him palm you off with one hand and feed the ball down Thompson's throat with the other. Tippet is only a bit part ruckman and a fairly run of the mill one at that yet even he dominated Jake.

If you cannot see that Spencer's game was truly horrendous today then you have lost all perception of reality.

His primary role is as a ruckman. He was completely uncompetitive. It wasn't just the centre bounces, it was the ball ups and boundary throw ins too.

It is a regular occurance with Jake and he doesn't offer anything around the ground in terms of mobility or marking targets.

That is the issue Robbie.

Edited by Grandson of a gun

Just gob-smacked watching him tonight. We need to hold an athletic tryout session on each continent in the offseason where only people taller than 7-foot need apply. Surely we could find someone who could master the ruck caper in a couple of years.

Okay, this might sound pretty ordinary, but Jake got me over the line and into a Dream Team Granny with 94 DT points. I don't care how average he looked on the paddock, he got enough of the pill and more points than Dean Cox.

Yeah, it's ordinary.

Jake Spencer

I was at the game vs the Crows. Jacobs and Tippett won the ruck. They brought the ball down to their advantage.

Spencer took ZERO marks in a competitive or pack situation. We do not look to use him around the ground. In fact he was easily pushed aside. Even spolit in marking contests by blokes 10 inches shorter (Matthew Wright)

He lacks a footy brain. Raw after 5 years in the system. His hitouts were moistly to the crows mids.

He has the heart of a lion BUT is not and will not be part of a successful ruck division. Neeld must make the call and to Jake, say thanks but no thanks to 2013.

Provided the best lolworthy moment in a game of footy when he and Jacobs BOTH went too early and ended up on the ground.

The look on the face of the MFC waterboy when he saw the Spencil lumbering to FF was priceless as well.

I will say in his defense, though, some of his taps were actually very good, but because our midfield are pox, they were made to look ordinary.