MONEY CAN'T BUY ME LOVE

Demonland

Davis and Cook should've been blooded, what easier way to get a taste. Oh well, opportunity lost.

Great start by Scully. Shame he was subbed off at quarter time.

Tom McDonald = The Mop

I love Jeremy Cameron, but not as much as I love Mitchy witchy Cwarky warky.

I've said for years Riv should be tried forward, you're alright Mark Neeld.

Good to see Sylvia show up for the snow show, still don't know where Moloney is.

Phil Davis is garbage.

Phil Scully is fat.

Bate was good after his usual unco start.

As good as Patton will be, he was absolutely man-handled by The Mop and Sellar, good to see. Puts Watts' early games into perspective, and emphasises what a talent Cameron is.

Watts was smooooth.

Next week may be a chance if Clarke is stil in the Boot.

recent msg from Gary March and Brendon Gale

WTF ????

It was a training drill for 3 quarters.

Jones is sensational, as is Clark.

Moloney was embarrassing.

Scully is a [censored].

Jaded I hate people who beat around the bush tell us what you really think!

Winning feels great. Enjoy it. We kicked 20 goals. Wooo Hooo....

I know it is only GWS mate but yes it is a lot better than the crap of a lot of this year.

Enjoy the warmth next week wyl

It was a hell of an enjoyable game to go to. The crowd may not have been huge, but it was loud.

Phil Davis gained a lot of points from me for how he acted when Clark and Magner went down in a heap. Ignored the play and stopped to see if they were ok, then called for the trainers. First time I have thought he really could be a worthwhile captain.

A few highlights for mine:

Watts takes on his man, leaves him for dead on the wing, has a bounce and then pinpoints a pass to Trengove who slots the goal. All the more sweet because Scully was the man who was left scrambling ineffectively to try to spoil.

Trengove again takes a ripping hanger at half forward and pumps the ball into the 50.

Davey's tackle for a holding the ball decision right in front of goal. It's been years since we saw that from him. Interestingly, for a few minutes after that he regained a bit of the old strut and attacked the game more. Sadly, it faded out again and he returned to the disinterested norm.

Dunn's awesome chase down. Effort personified.

Mitch Clark's juggling pack mark.

As I said, a hell of a game to be at. I know it was against a team of has-beens, kids and sellouts, but it was still a great spectacle for Melbourne fans who have been starved of reasons to cheer lately.

I think you are being a bit disingenious there RM.

I thought he gave it 100% all day, he messed up a couple of things but I thought it was his best game since 2010.

Cut him a little slack IMO he played well today.

• Like 3

I thought he gave it 100% all day, he messed up a couple of things but I thought it was his best game since 2010.

I think he is still our most accurate by foot.

I think he is still our most accurate by foot.

Could not agree more He is easily the best.

When that left fotot gets going he drops them down players throats.

Some beauties today perfectly weighted

Cook, maybe.

Davis - there's no room? Back six look settled to me.

Funnier things have happened Jr

But he is seriously under sized.

Did you see him on saturday.

Based on that game and his size he does not look anywhere near ready for AFL level.

Why did GWS play in a white jumper today.

Please Mr. AFL do not tell me there was a clash.

Grey and orange vs Red and Blue!!

Oh please

probably just their away strip

probably just their away strip

Well BB it makes all our "away" strips over the last 10 years look wonderful.

I thought they had stolen it from the local Bowls club.

It was 99% white.

Perhaps Mrs S is their designer

Cook, maybe.

Davis - there's no room? Back six look settled to me.

Maybe but he wasn't named emergency for no reason. If Martin comes in forward, for Clarke, Sellar may go out, & Davis could come in with Rivers or Garland or both forward.

Rivers & Garland are giving our forwardline plenty of defensive pressure, helping the whole structure.

A few observations.

Our midfield struggled today. We won the battle but we did so against babies. We only bullied them. I didnt see domination skill wise. Yes the 2nd and #rd 1/4's we dominated, but I didnt see any individual dominance.

Blease is dynamic and offers a point of difference. Speed and skill

Sellar looks comfortable down back. he is a competant negator rather than a forward playmaker. Given time, he disposes well and creates good attacking play down back

If McDonald had Watts's skills he would kill oppositions with his run and negating skills. He grew in confidence and with his defensive skills he could be a player showing a good press up field today. Given his athletic abilities, hieght, pace and endurance he could play on all KPF types. He will have his off days though due to inexperience

Watts looks hungrier down back. Time to move forward and show the same intent. A couple of contested marks today showed he can be a forward. But, what i really liked from Jack was talking to the back 6 after GWS kicked the first 3 goals of the game. He was very vocal, steddying the defensive group well. He showed good intent and leadership

Neeld realises that we have too many backman and has the balls to shake things up. Playing Rivers and Garland up forward he realises that balance is important. Both Rivers and Garland are under sized backman (or oversized pending who they match up on down back) and propose difficulties up forward. They have defensive skills, can mark and play the ball on the ground. Good brave move by Neeld. Im surprised how Rivers plays up forward. He creates an option but can take himself out of play (with his opponent) when needed.

I thought the Russian to struggle with his tap outs. He improved when the game was going our way, but when the game was in the balance his tap out work was average.

Clark has Nieta type characteristics. Strong and hard at the ball. In the air and ground. He demands the balls and will create a contest when he does not mark the ball (his marking was excellent tho) I believe him to have huge upside and will be better than Nieta. Taller, more mobile and better all round than Nieta. Nieta is a home grown Demon, games holder, captain ect and will live longer in Demons eyes tho

Scully is average! Too easily tagged. He is skinnier than his team mates drafted last year. He maybe elite in fitness and attitude, but he will need this to succeed. Im glad he has gone. i say this without any anger too. He left our club for money and why not. The MFC is not a Collingwood or Geelong. Ablett left for money so did Scully. Good luck to him. The MFC does not provide legend status, therefore a carer after football as the bigger clubs do. Nuff said

MFC members are [censored] weak. The first real gimme win in a season that will not bring many wins with a real hate/distaste for Scully and we get 20,000 to the game. At least we made some noise. The MCC stand was deplorable. Too polite in their reaction to Scully.

The AFL are a joke, A guy wears a jacket with fake money on his jacket and its deemed as too offensive. Time for Vlad to go into politics and and be the Liberal parties right hand/SIDE man. Convervative on a big scale. I like freedom of expression done in a way that promotes the right for individuals to express themself without the use of force or aggression. The jacket would not have made news if Vlad had not had a control of expression on supporters today. Maybe he was protecting his baby (GWS)

It was a good win, but so it should have been.

I just can't get excited by what I saw today from Davey. He had that short period where he made a great tackle and got a couple of goals, but I saw a whole lot of shirking going on for most of the game. He repeatedly sold teammates into trouble rather than taking responsibility himself. He also repeatedly failed to chase when GWS were trying to run the ball out of defence. It was painful to watch them work a handball drill in our goalsquare with Davey standing to one side watching and not even looking like chasing them down. He needs to find the hunger he had when we first drafted him and he chased every ball as if his career depended on it.

• Like 1

Best thing I got out of the game....was that the game plan seems to be gelling.

Good pressure on the inside of packs, and good pressure on the opposition reciever.

Surprised there aren't more comments about this.

The difference between this and our 10-15 goal wins last year was the defensive pressure, which caused a number of turnovers when the opposition ball carrier had nowhere to go and had to kick sideways or take risks and we nailed it. Allowed us to keep the ball in our forward half for large chunks of the game, despite them flooding the back line and getting absolutely nothing from the umps in the forward 50.

That sort of defensive pressure just wasn't there last year. The spread was also really good. And we played the entire second half without our best player of the first half.

Oh, and Gysberts & Strauss & Martin had good games for Casey.

• Like 4