Depressing stuff

Wait so because Cook hasn't played yet he is no good and not picking Darling was a mistake?

My apologies, didn't realise we were recruiting for 2012.

Just because one player takes longer to develop, while the other is already fully physically developed means nothing.

Jaded Cook was selected in the 2010 draft as our first pick.

To me that means by 2012 you would expect him to be showing a bit more than he has up to now.

Did I expect him to be winning games for us now - no

The problem as I see it is we have used a number of high draft picks on guys who are looking ordinary.

The team is performing very poorly and we are looking at our stocks for improvement.

In that light it is not hard to see why people are looking at Cook and saying "is this another poor pick."

I have little idea if he will justify his first round selection or not.

I pray he becomes very good but I have a worrying feeling in my gut that it looks like it will 2014 before he is physically up the job of senior football.

Barry P and his goones have set us back no doubt.

Our player development has been far more concerning.

We have players 4,5,6 year players on the list and we're still not sure what their role is.

You can only play as good as the development and direction you get.

We have lacked physical development of our players also.

So even if we do get talent in I think we haven't had any hope of them to play right.

Look BP made mistakes but not massive mistakes, our list problems stem back further to him being on board. Whilst he did not pick up ready to go from day 1 players it is magnified due to the senior players at our disposal

So you chime in to make a valid point yet chastise the "nuffie" who started the thread? What gives?

Yes i saw that comment. An attitude quite common around here.

The thread was started as a discussion. We are currently 16th with 1 win from 11. Last night i watched very good players who could have been playing for the MFC. Nik Nat is the fault of Mark Riley & Darling was a BP selection gaff.

But it seems the so called wise people on here are looking at another 5 years of crap whilst our picks all mature or leave.

If Hannibal considers me a "naffie" i couldn't care less & unless he leaves constructive discussion below, it matters not.

In times of draft pick selection envy such as these, just remember, Ninthmond picked Tambling ahead of Franklin and Roughead.

Tambling was picked after Roughead. Buddy had similar 'character flaws' that Darling possessed at time of drafting.

In times of draft pick selection envy such as these, just remember, Ninthmond picked Tambling ahead of Franklin and Roughead.

I think that qualifies for a Darwin Award. Richard Tambling....who??? Don't forget Richard Lounder too. He was another great pick of theirs in KB's time!!

Tambling was picked after Roughead. Buddy had similar 'character flaws' that Darling possessed at time of drafting.

So another player that was missed because he was not a choir boy!

Hope we pick a couple of guys with character flaws like those two.

Man do we need them

Edited by old dee

I think that qualifies for a Darwin Award. Richard Tambling....who??? Don't forget Richard Lounder too. He was another great pick of theirs in KB's time!!

I thought Tambling was a Frawley or T Wallace pick

Am I wrong?

Yes i saw that comment. An attitude quite common around here.

The thread was started as a discussion. We are currently 16th with 1 win from 11. Last night i watched very good players who could have been playing for the MFC. Nik Nat is the fault of Mark Riley & Darling was a BP selection gaff.

But it seems the so called wise people on here are looking at another 5 years of crap whilst our picks all mature or leave.

If Hannibal considers me a "naffie" i couldn't care less & unless he leaves constructive discussion below, it matters not.

Because you're just rehashing the same old crap, mate. I wanted Darling pre draft and nothing I've seen since has changed my mind, but I won't start a thread about him after every decent game he's played. It's pointless and I've moved on.

I go on holidays next week!

So you will miss the big one in 9 days time wyl?

Could be the first of many wins this coming half!

I will think of you with my 2010 scarf wrapped tightly to keep out the July cold.

Don't get too hot in Asia!

Any chance Barry took Cook because he thought he'd be a better footballer than Darling in the long run and had nothing to do with the fact that Darling wasn't a "choir boy"? I know it's a radical, out there thought, just putting it out there...

• Like 4

Any chance Barry took Cook because he thought he'd be a better footballer than Darling in the long run and had nothing to do with the fact that Darling wasn't a "choir boy"? I know it's a radical, out there thought, just putting it out there...

Weren't there about 25 players taken before Darling? If so, many got it wrong and he was just the best player at that pick, according to the Eagles.They clearly risked not getting him with the previous 25 selections.

You can do this exercise on any good player taken a bit lower in the draft. For example 12 idiots missed Cyril Rioli who went at 13.

Edited by Redleg
  • Like 2

Because you're just rehashing the same old crap, mate. I wanted Darling pre draft and nothing I've seen since has changed my mind, but I won't start a thread about him after every decent game he's played. It's pointless and I've moved on.

As against 95% of the other items that we discuss on Demonland!

Always amuses me BH when people complain about TV Content, I watch 10% of what I did 10 years ago

I just don't like a lot of the programming now. I have the solution though it is called the off switch.

I just don't watch.

Same on Demonland, some threads I could not care less about so I don't go on them.

Does not mean they are pointless or bad just means i have no interest.

The "should have taken darling" story ( which I have contributed to ) will go on for as long as he plays better than Cook.

it is hard to see Cook over taking him in the next 18 months at the earliest so I suggest it has a while to run.

Just gritt your teeth.

Here ends the sermon

Oh no!!!! radicalism, what are we going to do!!!

this is all Barry Prendergast's fault, not picking up the nuances in Jack Darlings body language, and even listinening when Darling told most recruiters he would want to go home after 2 years anyway, and they thought well we've been told he has issues so we will bypass

What a team we would have if RR and WYL were running the Recruiting Dept for the last ten years instead of the people who were......they could have opened the box called hindsight any time and fixed everything

• Like 1

Well good for you...until we get off the bottom, it is hard to move on as other clubs fly

When we do i shall happily fly away...But this club has been crap on the grass since 2007....

Same old crap...i think not....no wonder the club wanted no questions about last year at the AGM...

Edited by why you little

Weren't there about 25 players taken before Darling? If so, many got it wrong and he was just the best player at that pick, according to the Eagles.They clearly risked not getting him with the previous 25 selections.

You can do this exercise on any good player taken a bit lower in the draft. For example 12 idiots missed Cyril Rioli who went at 13.

redleg I find the arguement that a whole lot of other people past him up so the MFC did no wrong difficult to swallow.

We select and pay our recruiting people to be better than the rest.

It justifys nothing to me, all I think is we missed him pure and simple.

• Like 1

nah, just BP being BP

Oh no!!!! radicalism, what are we going to do!!!

this is all Barry Prendergast's fault, not picking up the nuances in Jack Darlings body language, and even listinening when Darling told most recruiters he would want to go home after 2 years anyway, and they thought well we've been told he has issues so we will bypass

What a team we would have if RR and WYL were running the Recruiting Dept for the last ten years instead of the people who were......they could have opened the box called hindsight any time and fixed everything

And you would do a better Job Mr. satyricon??

Sorry for having watched this club stumble & Flounder through the last 4 decades that i have seen...we keep F#$%*ing up & i am a little tired of it.

No other supporter group has put up with the sh!t we have Bar Fitzroy & University.

Depressing Stuff.

Great Thread title WYL.

I always read a few of your posts every day, without fail. I just find it hard to give up my daily dose of demoralisation.

Seriously man, you have to move on. Living with so much regret is not good for MFC supporters ego's.

Edited by McQueen
  • Like 1

yes, but how many of those who passed were looking for a forward as we were?

Depressing Stuff.

Great Thread title WYL.

I always read a few of you posts without fail, every day. I just find it hard to give up my daily dose of demoralisation.

Seriously man, you have to move on. Living with so much regret is not good for MFC supporters ego's.

I would love to move on...but until this old club of ours moves...i aint going anywhere.

I would love to move on...but until this old club of ours moves...i aint going anywhere.

But it is, WYL. Have you not noticed??

Move with...