James Magner Guts and Determination!

dazzledavey36

did anyone see the story on channel 7 about our very own jimmy magner? if you didn't he pretty much said everytime he drives past the east link it reminds himself to make the most of his opportunity otherwise he will be back on there again working. the one thing that stood out for me was when he said some player are just happy being on an afl list wheres him he wants to make an impact on the club and take no short cuts.

We are so lucky to have jimmy at our club! he really is the type that would set the bar at training with his recovery and preperation and on the track. has been a shining light this year and look forward to him developing more over the next couple of years. could be our own brad sewell! :D

Keep the good work going Jimmy!

• Like 3

He also said he hates seeing guys just happy to be on an AFL list.

Wonder who he's talking about?

I think it would be a in general comment, he would have seen many players from his draft year taken ahead of him and not make it

Yes, Jimmy Magner's story is ALL inspiration. A guy who has always given 100% effort in evry Club he's been at. Had a dream of playing AFL footy, and was overlooked something like SIX times. Yet, he never gave up.

Is it any coincidence that this Jimmy is also an Irish boy? His parents moved to Australia from Ireland, and the following year Jimmy was born -- the same year "coincidentally" That our other famous Irish Jimmy was just starting out at the MFC.

Some of the same special traits we saw in Stynesy are also evident in this kid.

I'm just so happy for him, seeing him living his dream. And, better still, he's living it at my beloved Dees!

Well done Jimmy, and Go Dees!!

• Like 1

He also said he hates seeing guys just happy to be on an AFL list.

Wonder who he's talking about?

He spent a number of years playing in the VFL with AFL listed players - I'd say that's what he meant, i.e. sees young blokes on lists not giving it their best shot while he was missing out on the chance.

We have a 200 game player right there. What a story.

He's almost 25, he'd have to play until he was 33 to reach 200 and that's assuming he plays every single match between now and then. I love the guy too, but let's not get too carried away. From his starting age making it to 150 will be a stellar effort.

He's almost 25, he'd have to play until he was 33 to reach 200 and that's assuming he plays every single match between now and then. I love the guy too, but let's not get too carried away. From his starting age making it to 150 will be a stellar effort.

Way to ruin my Demon fantasy with your logic!

• Like 1

"Mitsubishi" is certainly what we need to help change our culture. He is also a very good argument for the older draftee, there has certainly been a lot more interest in the older draftee since the Pod came on the scene, and I'm damn sure there's others out there that just need a bit more maturity. Having the desire to make it after so long trying is a special trait of our Mitsu, and thats the quality that would b a good indicator I should imagine? Can't remember who got him? But I'd reckon Neeldy and co. will be, at least, looking in the mature age bracket again.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Demonland Forums  

• Match Previews, Reports & Articles  

GOLDIE'S METTLE by Meggs

On a perfect night for football at the home of the Redlegs, Norwood Oval, it was the visiting underdogs Melbourne who led all night and hung on to prevail in a 2-point nail-biter. In the previous round St Kilda had made it a tough physical game to help restrict Adelaide from scoring and so Mick Stinear set a similar strategy for his team. To win it would require every player to do their bit on the field plus a little bit of luck.  Fifty game milestoner Sinead Goldrick epitomised

Demonland
    Demonland |
    AFLW Melbourne Demons 1

2024 Player Reviews: #19 Josh Schache

Date of Birth: 21 August 1997 Height: 199cm   Games MFC 2024: 1 Career Total: 76   Goals MFC 2024: 0 Career Total: 75     Games CDFC 2024: 12 Goals CDFC 2024: 14   Originally selected to join the Brisbane Lions with the second pick in the 2015 AFL National Draft, Schache moved on to the Western Bulldogs and played in their 2021 defeat to Melbourne where he featured in a handful of games over the past two seasons. Was unable to command a

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 1

2024 Player Reviews: #21 Matthew Jefferson

Date of Birth: 8 March 2004 Height: 195cm   Games CDFC 2024: 17 Goals CDFC 2024: 29 The rangy young key forward was a first round pick two years ago is undergoing a long period of training for senior football. There were some promising developments during his season at Casey where he was their top goal kicker and finished third in its best & fairest.

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 20

2024 Player Reviews: #23 Shane McAdam

Date of Birth: 28 May 1995 Height: 186cm Games MFC 2024: 3 Career Total: 53 Goals MFC 2024: 1 Career Total:  73 Games CDFC 2024: 11 Goals CDFC 2024: 21 Injuries meant a delayed start to his season and, although he showed his athleticism and his speed at times, he was unable to put it all together consistently. Needs to show much more in 2025 and a key will be his fitness.

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 29

2024 Player Reviews: #43 Kyah Farris-White

Date of Birth: 2 January 2004 Height: 206cm   Games CDFC 2024: 4 Goals CDFC 2024:  1   Farris-White was recruited from basketball as a Category B rookie in the hope of turning him into an AFL quality ruckman but, after two seasons, the experiment failed to bear fruit.  

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 2

2024 Player Reviews: #44 Luker Kentfield

Date of Birth: 10 September 2005 Height: 194cm   Games CDFC 2024: 9 Goals CDFC 2024: 5   Drafted from WAFL club Subiaco in this year’s mid season draft, Kentfield was injured when he came to the club and needs a full season to prepare for the rigors of AFL football.  

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 8

REDLEG PRIDE by Meggs

Hump day mid-week footy at the Redlegs home ground is a great opportunity to build on our recent improved competitiveness playing in the red and blue.   The jumper has a few other colours this week with the rainbow Pride flag flying this round to celebrate people from all walks of life coming together, being accepted. AFLW has been a benchmark when it comes to inclusivity and a safe workplace.  The team will run out in a specially designed guernsey for this game and also the following week

Demonland
    Demonland |
    AFLW Melbourne Demons

REDEEMING by Meggs

It was such a balmy spring evening for this mid-week BNCA Pink Lady match at our favourite venue Ikon Park between two teams that had not won a game since round one.   After last week’s insipid bombing, the DeeArmy banner correctly deemanded that our players ‘go in hard, go in strong, go in fighting’, and girl they sure did!   The first quarter goals by Alyssa Bannan and Alyssia Pisano were simply stunning, and it was 4 goals to nil by half-time.   Kudos to Mick Stinear.

Demonland
    Demonland |
    AFLW Melbourne Demons

REDEEM by Meggs

How will Mick Stinear and his dwindling list of fit and available Demons respond to last week’s 65-point capitulation to the Bombers, the team’s biggest loss in history?   As a minimum he will expect genuine effort from all of his players when Melbourne takes on the GWS Giants at Ikon Park this Thursday.  Happily, the ground remains a favourite Melbourne venue of players and spectators alike and will provide an opportunity for the Demons to redeem themselves. Injuries to star play

Demonland
    Demonland |
    AFLW Melbourne Demons
  • Tell a friend

Love Demonland? Tell a friend!