Travis Boak

DeeZee

Pick 12 (or wherever our mid round compo is) and a top up player? Morton? Bennel? Petterd? Probably not enough

pick 12 AND morton or petterd?? gee you must rate him very highly.

On morton's form this year i wouldn't be throwing him away, and you must have a very short memory, pettered was one of our best last year.

ill give them pick 12 at best

• Like 2

On morton's form this year i wouldn't be throwing him away, and you must have a very short memory, pettered was one of our best last year.

Morton's form???? I would delist him if we could'nt trade him for Pick 103!

Pick 12 and Morton would be a steal for Boak

Forget Boak - what about Chris Yarran - out of contract and Carlton are maxed out on salary cap.

Most players wouldnt take a pay rise to go from from a premiership contender a bottom of the table team

• Like 1

Don't think there would be any problems our end in satisfying port with a suitable deal nor satisfying Travis with a very attractive contract. Our major hurdle would be convincing him to play for the Melbourne football club, yes I know we attracted Mitch Clarke last (much to my suprise) but at the end of last year most experts saw us with a great list and bucketloads of potential we are now 0 - 9 and the laughing stock of the afl! Unless we start seeing some wins and a change in perception of the footy club from the experts and general football public it will be a very hard sell. Having said all that I was pleasantly suprised with the signing of Clarke!! Happy for the club to have a red hot crack looks like a good player with a good upside!

• Like 1

Forget Boak - what about Chris Yarran - out of contract and Carlton are maxed out on salary cap.

Forget Boak - You have no idea NSC

Boak is 10 times the player Yarran is & a much better fit for the MFC.

Maybe watch him play sometime before making uneducated comments.

Boak is exactly what we need.

T

Not sure if you know who Boak is but he is a VERY good player, pick 12 and morton or petterd would be a steal for him. As for Petterd, he played 15 games last year for 18 goals playing as a forward. This year he has been dropped twice already and only played 2 games. Clearly he is not a highly rated player.

Carlton joins Cats in hunt for Boak

AS CARLTON plots the downfall of Port Adelaide's Travis Boak this weekend, Blues coach Brett Ratten said the club is interested in securing the talented midfielder next season.

Interest in Boak from Victorian clubs is expected to intensify, with the Power's 2011 joint best-and-fairest winner's contract expiring this year. He has been linked to a return to Geelong, with his family living just outside the city on the Surf Coast, but the 23-year-old said he will not rush his decision.

AS CARLTON plots the downfall of Port Adelaide's Travis Boak this weekend, Blues coach Brett Ratten said the club is interested in securing the talented midfielder next season.

Interest in Boak from Victorian clubs is expected to intensify, with the Power's 2011 joint best-and-fairest winner's contract expiring this year. He has been linked to a return to Geelong, with his family living just outside the city on the Surf Coast, but the 23-year-old said he will not rush his decision.

This article would make Brock cringe

So where does this fit in with the Carlton salary cap being maxed out Norm? Sounded good until reality took over...!

So where does this fit in with the Carlton salary cap being maxed out Norm? Sounded good until reality took over...!

brock mclean is on about 500k per season now...his contract is up after this season ...he has no chance of getting that again.

From 'The Age', > Ratten said yesterday the Blues were keen to talk to Boak's management, should he decide to permanently return to Victoria.

He said Carlton had room in its salary cap for a big name, and even if it fell short would make room. Similarly Geelong also has the cash, with several older players set to retire or placed on the (cap-discounting) veterans list. ''I'm trying to count four points coming our way, not the salary cap position at the moment,'' Ratten said. ''But I think we could go close depending on what type of figure we are talking.

''He's a very good player, Travis. We have got to try to combat him this week.

''If he was prepared to come home we would be very interested to have a chat with his management and see if he would be interested to come across. But that's something that [football manager] Andrew McKay will chase behind the scenes.''

--------

It is understood Port is paying Boak $500,000 this season. But Boak said his family, not money, would drive his decision. He said he would discuss his future with his family when he returns to Victoria during Port's bye in round 13. ''What I said at the start of the year about being happy at the club and loving the club - that hasn't changed at all - so it's tracking along where we set out at the start of the year.

''It's a pretty similar situation [to the last time he re-signed] and when the time comes around I'll talk to my family and make sure they're happy and that's what I'm going through right now," Boak said.

Essendon was the most aggressive suitor for Boak the last time he was coming out of contract, in 2010, when he signed a two-year extension.

Chris Yarran's manager will love this - can't pay up for Yarran but suddenly they have found some recycled paper money in between the couch cushions and are after Boak.

Well they have Brock & a surplus Ruck to deal, to make cap space...

Maybe Warnock would like to return interstate?

From 'The Age', > Ratten said yesterday the Blues were keen to talk to Boak's management, should he decide to permanently return to Victoria.

He said Carlton had room in its salary cap for a big name, and even if it fell short would make room. Similarly Geelong also has the cash, with several older players set to retire or placed on the (cap-discounting) veterans list. ''I'm trying to count four points coming our way, not the salary cap position at the moment,'' Ratten said. ''But I think we could go close depending on what type of figure we are talking.

''He's a very good player, Travis. We have got to try to combat him this week.

''If he was prepared to come home we would be very interested to have a chat with his management and see if he would be interested to come across. But that's something that [football manager] Andrew McKay will chase behind the scenes.''

--------

It is understood Port is paying Boak $500,000 this season. But Boak said his family, not money, would drive his decision. He said he would discuss his future with his family when he returns to Victoria during Port's bye in round 13. ''What I said at the start of the year about being happy at the club and loving the club - that hasn't changed at all - so it's tracking along where we set out at the start of the year.

''It's a pretty similar situation [to the last time he re-signed] and when the time comes around I'll talk to my family and make sure they're happy and that's what I'm going through right now," Boak said.

Essendon was the most aggressive suitor for Boak the last time he was coming out of contract, in 2010, when he signed a two-year extension.

So Carlton doesn't have salary cap concerns that Norm Smith's Curse thought they had? Hence me asking Norm where his idea of Carlton's $ issue fits in with what is actually correct.

Mark Robinson on AFL360 said if he was Carlton and a theoretical swap was made to send Boak back to Vic and Bryce Gibbs back to SA, he would do that deal in a heartbeat. Pretty high praise for Boak.

Mark Robinson on AFL360 said if he was Carlton and a theoretical swap was made to send Boak back to Vic and Bryce Gibbs back to SA, he would do that deal in a heartbeat. Pretty high praise for Boak.

One wins contested footy and the other doesn't.

I know which one I'd prefer.

• Like 3