When is the board going to act?

Guest Jackie

Guest José Mourinho

Think before you jump in. Wallace was along time ago. Live in the present will you?

The delicious irony...

• Like 1

Guest José Mourinho

Maybe the board are meeting with Neeld to ask him how they can support him further?

Most of the posters can see which players are responding and they can see those that are going through the motions.

It's not happening - the twitter account is fake.

Caroline Wilson has just tweeted these two things

1. Sources close to the age understand several members of the Melbourne Board me last night to discuss Mark Neeld's coaching tenure.

And then

2. When asked this morning Eddie McGuire said If he becomes aware the Melbourne Football Club offer Mick Malthouse A contract He will sue.

So two interesting rumors there, take as a grain of salt as it is Caro, but maybe there is some action happening?

was that the real caro or the fake one?

The issue is Neeld....

He has come into the club weilding an axe and has done nothing to repair the mess from last year.

He has in fact made things worse.

At least last year we had 3-4 wins on the board.

He has gone too far in getting rid of anything that bailey had to do with.

Everything from medical staff, assistant coaches, leadership group, captains and gameplan.

Whenever you implement such a drastic change you end up with drastic results.

Change should have been implemented slowly.

Don't throw all of what bailey implemented out the window... Instead tinker with it.

Hird kept knights running style and has tinkered with the defence.

They are now on top of the ladder.

At the end of the day Neeld has to answer for what he has done to the club.

No your wrong, he hasn't wielded the Axe yet.

He will this Year, surgically remove the tumours from our aching list.

But that is just the start, as the cause of those tumours, is our 'attitudes' to the game...

We settle for too little from our players, & when we get just that, we pat them on the Back & say well done, & send them on they're ways.

You see for many, patting the back of the jumper gives them enough of a thrill. And thats all you get.

Guest José Mourinho

I dont think sacking Cameron Schwabb will make any difference now

It never would have.

It's a bloody smokescreen and is not related to any real issues at all.

• Like 2

Can Choco Royal explain to me our plan for stoppages?

There clearly isn't one .

What is he doing?

Did you not watch the match, and Neeld's quick quarter time interview? He's frustrated as all hell - as I imagine all the coaching staff are - that the players are not doing what they're being asked and instructed to do.

The club need to find the Cancer & cut it out!

Something is rotting with the senior players

Davey has a heart size of a pea!

Moloney looks like he is not interested!

Sylvia is dreaming of his next bar!

Green is sulking about the captaincy!

It seams the senior players are not doing it for the coach or the coach has lost the players!

No leadership from them!

Do you sack players or the coach?

Last week I tried to write something positive on Demonland regarding our apparent plight. Maybe clutching at straws??? Who knows, but like many of us, I was tired of hearing and reading about the misery we all feel.

I am not going to enter into conjecture about the game plan, Coach and playing list - although I believe while not world beaters the list is better than the results would suggest - such issues are too often used as spleen vents and excuses.

Having said that, regardless of what the problem is - and its a big problem - there is something terribly wrong at our footy club. As with any organisation, especially where "shareholders" are involved, when trouble strikes, it is incumbent on management to act. Even if it is just to soothe the jitters of the "market" it must be done. After 8 weeks of inept performances, the MFC, as a body corporate, needs to take a stand and make a strong and unequivocal statement.

There is something terribly wrong at this footy club and it needs to be addressed. I WANT MY FOOTY CLUB BACK.

• Like 1

Robert Walls has had a go in another non-story today, but he isn't wrong. Pretty much called them out and said Schwab had gone into hiding at a time when the club needed him the most.

I don't disagree. I think he means that Schwab was everywhere when things were looking rosy, but as soon as things went sour (186), he's gone into a hole.

Whether that is purposeful or simply to avoid the scrutiny, I'm not sure, but the club's brand is truly in tatters now, and at the end of the day you can only blame the CEO for that. Sometimes things go beyond the football field.

His posts on here were pretty patronising as well. Like the man was frustrated.

If we sack anyone in the admin - can we do it at the end of the season so it doesn't disrupt our off-field progress?

As for what the board can do - what can they do?

Talk?

Because we all love that...

They need to stay strong, outwardly emotionless and Greg Healy better be informed of what is going on and an open ear to anyone who has concerns. The board can be informed.

Fancy that. An informed board.

Novel.

• Like 1

Whether that is purposeful or simply to avoid the scrutiny, I'm not sure, but the club's brand is truly in tatters now, and at the end of the day you can only blame the CEO for that. Sometimes things go beyond the football field.

Disagree. The CEO can only do some much for the business side of the club. The football department / players must take responsibility for the rot they are putting out each week.

The administration can do the best job in the world but it won't mean anything if the players have no pride in themselves and respect for the club and its supporters.

• Like 3

None of us can be fully informed on where the rot has started, or in what realm it exists within the footy club. But as I have said, it is patently obvious that there is something terribly wrong and for that reason, "management" is obliged to make strong and unequivocal statements to its members, whether through action or words. However, the last thing any of us need is "pollie" speak.

As has been said elsewhere on here, our brand has been and continues to be trashed. In purely a business and marketing sense, such a negative is not sustainable and must be addressed.

Needless to say, the remedial action taken on the recent sponsorship debacle should be commended, but our "new" sponsors have only signed up for short-term deals and accordingly, we need to begin to consider how we give them value for money, going forward, not to mention our membership base, which has fallen short of expectations already.

Edited by iv'a worn smith

Guest Jackie

If we sack anyone in the admin - can we do it at the end of the season so it doesn't disrupt our off-field progress?

Of course, off-field progress comes before on-field progress. Shudder to think that we may go broke if we sack em now.

Edited by Jackie

I would like to know if the players are actually getting their contracts fulfilled, ie. are they getting paid? Is the Club doing everything they have committed to according to the contracts each player agreed to?

If so, the time has come for Schwab and McLardy to come in and rip the sh!t out of the players. Reality is, they are the boss of this organisation, and the players are the paid employees. The players, at present, have absolutely no right to try and demand things run differently. The Club has put things in place, and to be honest, I can't see Neeld or Craig agreeing to come on board, if they didn't believe in the processes and the structure the Club has.

This action can only work if McLardy and Schwab are on the same page, and that they have tried to go through the "proper" channels (ie. through Craig/Healy) to get certain points accepted by the playing group.

I've worked for companies where my boss would continue to kick our arse if we didn't perform, and if it got to the stage that it was bringing the business down, the "big boss" would step in. I was lucky enough to be doing my job, it's just my teammates were letting me down, but it gave me greater bargaining powers when I fronted management. My teammates who weren't hitting targets tried to do the same, but they had no right to criticise about the way they were treated.

But, as BH said, it's all guesswork from our (the supporters) perspective. We don't know what's going on, but what ever it is, I hope like hell they sort their sh!t out soon.

Of course, off-field progress comes before on-field progress. Shudder to think that we may go broke if we sack em now.

We cannot be so unprofessional as to remove Administrators with two new major sponsors on board and the need for a defiant and stable club.

I have broached the idea that Cameron might not be here come the end of the year but we can't go rudderless for months.

I don't see how removing any admin staff will improve the performance of the team either.

We cannot be so unprofessional as to remove Administrators with two new major sponsors on board and the need for a defiant and stable club.

I have broached the idea that Cameron might not be here come the end of the year but we can't go rudderless for months.

I don't see how removing any admin staff will improve the performance of the team either.

Agreed, but the "leaders" of this franchise can't sit on their hands any longer and remain silent.