• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

When is the board going to act?

Guest Jackie

Ladies and gentlemen, your [censored] for the evening!

It really frustrates me when people live in fairy land and thing it's still the 1980s where the only things that matter for a football club are the on field performances.

It's quite clear, beyond resonable doubt, that there are issue far beyond any coaches capabilities at the club. When a coach says the players aren't listening and following simple instructions, it's quite obvious that the players aren't doing their job.

So the question is: why?

Time to start seriously questioning the football CLUB as an organisation.

This. If the players are " passionless" we've got to look more deeply that just blaming the players. Its their careers and for some the ONLY decent career they will ever have.... If they lack "spirit" something is WRONG within the club

Guest Jackie

It was clear soon after 186 that things were still horribly wrong. Nothing has improved and we are now in a death spiral. Where are you McLardy? Say something, do something. And Gary, you stay out of it if you are going to keep on backing your mates.

By doing what they were going to do before 186 and rid this club of Cameron Schwab and his cohorts before it is too late.

Yeh...lets grab some pitch forks and burn a witch as well. Have you been watching what's happening on field? If we let the tail wag the dog we are a failed organisation.

• Like 4

a good example is port last year, a rabble, apparently all the players were leaving, off was not pulling its weight and when they played they had no heart, looked like there was no effort, sounds familiar hey. now there starting to turn it around a bit and show something on the field. we'll be fine as long as we just keep sticking at it, every year there's a team down the bottom thats a "basket case" but eventually they work there way through it.

Guest Jackie

a good example is port last year, a rabble, apparently all the players were leaving, off was not pulling its weight and when they played they had no heart, looked like there was no effort, sounds familiar hey. now there starting to turn it around a bit and show something on the field. we'll be fine as long as we just keep sticking at it, every year there's a team down the bottom thats a "basket case" but eventually they work there way through it.

Same goes for WC, Essendon, Fremantle, Adelaide. All these sides have had shocking seasons recently. But all have got back on track quickly. We have been like this for six years and have reached the stage that we are well below minimum AFL standard. Even Richmond have improved steadily.

Can Choco Royal explain to me our plan for stoppages?

There clearly isn't one .

What is he doing?

We are hurting as supporters & we want blood!

But if the board does a nee jerk reaction the AFL ommunity will view us as a basket case & who will want to coaches us?

Neil Craig I believe reports back to the board...... they will need to identify the cancer & I believe its with in the older playing group. My thoughts are they went too far with cutting out the senior players out of the leadership group, but maybe they were the cause of our issues in particular the 186 loss last year??

As members its hurting badly & we have had enough of being the laughing stock of the afl!

Since 2006 when we played finals last we have gone backwards, the members have saved the club by the tune of 5 mill, we need answers!

• Like 1

Unlike some on here I don't profess to know what's wrong. But I do know that something is seriously wrong.

Whether it's disenchanted older players that have affected the psyche of the group, players at odds with some in administration, players not embracing the new coaching regime, the playing group not understanding the way the coach wants them to play, I can't answer, but something is seriously wrong.

Call me crazy, but the playing list isn't poor. Yes, we have a pox midfield, but Sydney's aren't much better. Our players run with lead in their legs. They don't chase. They don't man up. They don't put their bodies on the line. They've lost all of their natural footy instincts. They don't hunt the ball. They don't trust their teammates to win contests, which means they lose their structures. They're either playing with fear, which curtails initiation, or even worse they don't care enough.

I don't know why, but I do know that this football club is in crisis.

• Like 6

Yeh...lets grab some pitch forks and burn a witch as well. Have you been watching what's happening on field? If we let the tail wag the dog we are a failed organisation.

diesel, I'm not sure it's the tail wagging the dog but I get your point. However, something is seriously wrong at the club that hasn't been fully addressed if addressed at all. Football people in the media including Malthouse, Watson and Pickering have all alluded to it without really putting anything on the table. Denham has pot shots and although many are cheap shots there is something behind them. The list is not that bad, it's not a premiership list but it's not that bad.

We stalled in 2011 and in my opinion it is way too easy to blame Bailey for everything.

Caroline Wilson has just tweeted these two things

1. Sources close to the age understand several members of the Melbourne Board me last night to discuss Mark Neeld's coaching tenure.

And then

2. When asked this morning Eddie McGuire said If he becomes aware the Melbourne Football Club offer Mick Malthouse A contract He will sue.

So two interesting rumors there, take as a grain of salt as it is Caro, but maybe there is some action happening?

186 has not been repaired. That is for sure.

The Culture Tail is still wagging the Dog..

Stop looking for one fall guy! That is crap, & grasping for straws, & wrong.

It's the players, they're culture, & our culture that is wrong. And we as a club have taught them this over decades. We allow it to breed happily in our confines.

It grows in our cupboards, on the shelves, & under the benches.

It's our club attitude!

Guest José Mourinho

No wonder this club has so much trouble when it's pea heart supporters are willing to throw in the towel and start again after such a short time...

• Like 1

Guest José Mourinho

1. Sources close to the age understand several members of the Melbourne Board me last night to discuss Mark Neeld's coaching tenure.

And then

2. When asked this morning Eddie McGuire said If he becomes aware the Melbourne Football Club offer Mick Malthouse A contract He will sue.

So two interesting rumors there, take as a grain of salt as it is Caro, but maybe there is some action happening?

Does Caro have twitter?

Real account?

Same goes for WC, Essendon, Fremantle, Adelaide. All these sides have had shocking seasons recently. But all have got back on track quickly. We have been like this for six years and have reached the stage that we are well below minimum AFL standard. Even Richmond have improved steadily.

absolute rubbish.

You have zero memory Jackie.

RFC have been a basket case ongoing for a decade.

Terry Wallace and his 5 year plan ring any bells for you?

And then

...and you think Malthouse would be interested in taking over from his mate, and besides take on a basket case that he clearly thinks have a lot of off field issues.

If Caro is right then the board members really don't have the resolve required to run a football club and it's no wonder we are where we are. Maybe they have decided it's time to really address the issues from 2011 on and not look for one scapegoat.

do you really believe that "@carowhinewilson" is actually her? lol

Edited by DeeJP

...and you think Malthouse would be interested in taking over from his mate, and besides take on a basket case that he clearly thinks have a lot of off field issues.

If Caro is right then the board members really don't have the resolve required to run a football club and it's no wonder we are where we are. Maybe they have decided it's time to really address the issues from 2011 on and not look for one scapegoat.

I agree with your last sentence in your response. I mean I think Caro's rumours are to be taken lightly however maybe the board have decided they need to address the broader issues. I think this whole football club, players, board members, football department, CEO, water boy, runners, anyone who is involved need to get together, eye ball each other, and then get what they need to off their chest and make a clear way forward. Anyone who does not want to be a part of such a session should not play or work at the club again. Let's get it all out in the open and try to make a way to move on positively.

• Like 1

Wait until 12 when Caro is on 3aw to validate these comments if true. That said I would expect the board to be meeting. Something needs to change and I want to know where Neil Craig is at the moment. Surely he is advising Neeld to alter the gameplan because as currently constructed, it will likely have disastrous consequences for Mark.

Guest Jackie

If Neeld and his team goes at this stage it would be premature. He was well and truly sold up the river by the mates club. If he goes he will just be another scapegoat and not the last. Names I would be more interested in seeing gone are Connolly, Schwab, Royal and Viney.

The issue is Neeld....

He has come into the club weilding an axe and has done nothing to repair the mess from last year.

He has in fact made things worse.

At least last year we had 3-4 wins on the board.

He has gone too far in getting rid of anything that bailey had to do with.

Everything from medical staff, assistant coaches, leadership group, captains and gameplan.

Whenever you implement such a drastic change you end up with drastic results.

Change should have been implemented slowly.

Don't throw all of what bailey implemented out the window... Instead tinker with it.

Hird kept knights running style and has tinkered with the defence.

They are now on top of the ladder.

At the end of the day Neeld has to answer for what he has done to the club.

Guest José Mourinho

Yeah she does, and yes it's her real account...

do you really believe that "@carowhinewilson is actually her? lol

Hahahahaha Dan, sorry, but you've been measured and found seriously wanting!

How embarrassing...

Guest Jackie

absolute rubbish.

You have zero memory Jackie.

RFC have been a basket case ongoing for a decade.

Terry Wallace and his 5 year plan ring any bells for you?

Think before you jump in. Wallace was along time ago. Live in the present will you?