Guest José Mourinho

Guest José Mourinho

I'd say this article is bang on the money:

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/opinion/no-funny-side-to-distraction-from-stars/story-e6frfhqf-1226352552522

Not really a revelation though.

Was quite fond of this bit:

It's blokes world.

It's Sherrin dripping in bourbon and coke.

Triple M is one of the worst offenders, but still has a long way to go to dethrone the king.

Increasingly, The Footy Show is becoming must-not-see TV of a Thursday night.

• Like 1

It's really a personal taste thing. I just can't stand that stuff, I'm more the footy purest like "bollocks", so even going back to Rex I just couldn't stand it same with Taylor now and the MMM guys.

7 is poor also. Rohan Connolly wrote a great article about it last week. Although you have wonder if the Age & the Hun journos are just bagging out one anothers affiliates.

Dribble M - you know what you're getting & the footy show hasn't been about footy for years - the NRL Show is the same. It annoys me that the 7 coverage is just so bad - just goes to prove they only forked out $1 billion for the rights to win a pissing contest with channel 9 where you win by simply denying your competitor the rights & don't really give a stuff about the product itself.

http://www.heraldsun...f-1226352552522

Totally agree with this.

Bllllllllllllokey blokes "WHOA HOA headwobble, whoa hoa Spudregus, whoa hoa, he's got a head wobble has old spudregus."

COMPLETE AND UTTER UNLISTENABLE C RAP! TRIPLE M AND BRAYSHAW ARE THE ABSOLUTE WORST! TALK ABOUT THE GAME YOU IDIOTS.

I actually listen to ABC and sometimes SEN these days and I'm not even a golden oldie.

7 is poor also. Rohan Connolly wrote a great article about it last week. Although you have wonder if the Age & the Hun journos are just bagging out one anothers affiliates.

Dribble M - you know what you're getting & the footy show hasn't been about footy for years - the NRL Show is the same. It annoys me that the 7 coverage is just so bad - just goes to prove they only forked out $1 billion for the rights to win a pissing contest with channel 9 where you win by simply denying your competitor the rights & don't really give a stuff about the product itself.

These Companies do not give a stuff....they are only interested in filling the space with advertising to pay the huge Bill the AFL asked for.

Ch 7 did a better job in the 70's as far as content...Alf Potter was a great director. He loved giving the footy to melbourne.

I struggle with the blokey culture of MMM's football commentary and therefore don't listen to it.

But I have no problem with the mindlessness of The Footy Show. It's not trying to be a serious product and it's not actually covering football in detail. Never tries to and therefore never disappoints in this regard.

In short, if it's an actual game, I want it covered seriously; if it's an attempt at analysis, I want it covered seriously; if it's a humorous attempt to provide enjoyment and isn't serious, I don't care how it's covered.

So, Before The Game, The Footy Show and Footy Classified all get a tick from me; Channel 7's Gameday, Channel 9's Sunday Footy Show and MMM's football commentary don't.

I agree TFS is/has already gone down the gurgler but that is just my opinion and it will still be enjoyable for some people.

However i like MMM's coverage. They don't mind having a laugh at each others expense and still call the game well.

I also like SEN and 774.

For some of us, it doesn't matter who is covering the game, we take each coverage for what it is and enjoy it in the manner it is supposed to be.

Unlike the elitism attitude that is often sprouted around here....

Edited by Grandson of a gun

The footy show & 9, make an art form out of deriding the opposition & have whinged & put down for decades. They are the squeaky wheel.

Two years ago I enjoyed the gimmicks on the Triple M coverage, now it's just a blokey circle jerk.

Footy Show on the other hand has been pish for five years. They've nailed some killer interviews and broken a few stories but unless something's happened and you know there will be an interview there's no point tuning in for gags about how Garry is hairy. I'd rather come on here and watch people tee off on Bennell.

Marngrook is the real deal. dry wit and genuine cameraderie of the panel makes for a relaxed Thursday night. PS

Gary Lyons' deflection of Sam's serial wit should be put into an anti-bullying programs and put through the schools. better still, play footy show for the naughty boys.

• Like 1

I last watched the FS 10 or more years ago. Sam Newman was TTPiss and scoring very cheap shots off some poor dero in a street interview. It was disgusting. I will not watch or listen to any program in which that pompous, pathetic and sad excuse for a human being does his tricks.

http://www.heraldsun...f-1226352552522

I agree. Its really sad how the footy show - once mandatory vieiwng - is now just a cliche ridden sideshow for professional bogans like Crawford, Brayshaw and Brownless..

Don't get me started on Damian Barrett - has he ever told me somehting I didn't know!