Port Adelaide v Melbourne NAB Cup Week 4

GawnWithTheWind

I don't know if it's the wrong mindset or the fact they're just not good enough. Our recruiting over the past 6 or 7 years appears to have been a total failure. Dunn, Bate, Morton, Maric, Strauss, Blease, Bennell, Jetta - Maric has already gone (and was a bust) and the rest of them will likely play out their careers at Melbourne in the VFL before being delisted, traded at the age of 25-26. This is 25% of our list and is only off the top of my head.

Others like Grimes and Gawn are perputually injured so anything out of them is a bonus.

Then you have guys like Davey & Sylvia who have what it takes but don't have the desire to become elite and will just plod along for the rest of their careers showing brilliane three or four games a year and making supporters pull out their hair for the other 18 games.

I mentioned some time ago that our recruiting had been appalling and was shouted down; I wonder if those that did the majority of the shouting would care to comment now. They know who they are.

• Like 1

Mate I would tell you to take off the rose coloured glass but it is 10.09 at night

well my glasses are tinted mostly for glare but they could have some rose in them.

But I can't help your mood problems Bluey. Unless you want to take some uppers. Like the Maca Power, it'll do you wonders mate.

Tonight.

Goals: Clark 3; Blease, Jones 2; Davey, Petterd 1.

Best: Jones (22d 2g 4t); Jamar (11d 44ho); Frawley (22d); Clark (13d 3g).

DT: Jones 99; Jamar 85; Frawley 83; Maloney 77.

Edited by Dee-licious

The honest truth is we are all living in hope.

We have recruited so poorly in the last so many years.

We are so far off the mark that we need a thorough clean out of mentally fragile players.

We are years away from success and even thats not guaranteed.

It is only the NAB cup but I have seen enough in 4 weeks to warrant saying that we are in a lot of trouble.

Everyone, including me needs to wake up and smell the roses and stop dreaming, our players arent as good as we think. They are good B graders.

• Like 1

I mentioned some time ago that our recruiting had been appalling and was shouted down; I wonder if those that did the majority of the shouting would care to comment now. They know who they are.

This is a hard one to judge. You would assume that recruiters were looking for what was needed according to Bailey's game plan. Well, what now? New game plan probably means that many of the recruits no longer fit. And they probably never came on in Bailey's system because of the short time span.

I would imagine Neeld's upheaval will take quite a while to reach it's full potential. At the moment he's no doubt working with players he never would have wanted for his system.

But it's not the player's fault, or Neeld's or even the clubs. It's just what happens when you go back to scratch.

so what do we read into this game? if anything?

It's going to be yet another long and fruitless year; I'm beginning to think my Grandson's kids won't see a Demon Flag and he's only 8 at the moment. We will probably activate the compensation picks this year because we ain't gong to be finishing too high up the ladder.

All the teams we started out ahead of have passed us and all the sides that were just in front of us are streaking away.

Old Dee you can say it now if you want to, "I told you so".

so what do we read into this game? if anything?

There are a lot of positions available for anyone who puts their hand up at Casey. I think Magnar is a started round one (put him in your dt/sc). Watts is very important to our structure even if people want to bag him out (Clark getting too much attention). Davey looked better....

This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Demonland Forums  

• Match Previews, Reports & Articles  

FROZEN by Whispering Jack

Who would have thought?    Collingwood had a depleted side with several star players out injured, Max Gawn was in stellar form, Christian Petracca at the top of his game and Simon Goodwin was about to pull off a masterstroke in setting Alex Neal-Bullen onto him to do a fantastic job in subduing the Magpies' best player. Goody had his charges primed to respond robustly to the challenge of turning around their disappointing performance against Fremantle in Alice Springs. And if not that, t

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 7

TURNAROUND by KC from Casey

The Casey Demons won their first game at home this year in the traditional King’s Birthday Weekend clash with Collingwood VFL on Sunday in a dramatic turnaround on recent form that breathed new life into the beleaguered club’s season. The Demons led from the start to record a 52-point victory. It was their highest score and biggest winning margin by far for the 2024 season. Under cloudy but calm conditions for Casey Fields, the home side, wearing the old Springvale guernsey as a mark of res

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Casey Articles

PREGAME: Rd 15 vs North Melbourne

After two disappointing back to back losses the Demons have the bye in Round 14 and then face perennial cellar dweller North Melbourne at the MCG on Saturday night in Round 15. Who comes in and who goes out?

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 190

PODCAST: Rd 13 vs Collingwood

The Demonland Podcast will air LIVE on Tuesday, 11th June @ 8:30pm. Join George, Binman & I as we analyse the Demons loss at the MCG against the Magpies in the Round 13 on Kings Birthday. You questions and comments are a huge part of our podcast so please post anything you want to ask or say below and we'll give you a shout out on the show. If you would like to leave us a voicemail please call 03 9016 3666 and don't worry no body answers so you don't have to talk to a human. L

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 36

VOTES: Rd 13 vs Collingwood

Captain Max Gawn has a considerable lead over reigning champion Christian Petracca in the Demonland Player of the Year Award. Steven May, Alex Neal-Bullen & Jack Viney make up the Top 5. Your votes for the loss against the Magpies. 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1.

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 41

POSTGAME: Rd 13 vs Collingwood

Once again inaccuracy and inefficiency going inside 50 rears it's ugly head as the Demons suffered their second loss on the trot and their fourth loss in five games as they go down to the Pies by 38 points on Kings Birthday at the MCG.

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 415

GAMEDAY: Rd 13 vs Collingwood

It's Game Day and the Demons are once again faced with a classic 8 point game against a traditional rival on King's Birthday at the MCG. A famous victory will see them reclaim a place in the Top 8 whereas a loss will be another blow for their finals credentials.

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 941

BOILED LOLLIES by The Oracle

In the space of a month Melbourne has gone from chocolates to boiled lollies in terms of its standing as a candidate for the AFL premiership.  The club faces its moment of truth against a badly bruised up Collingwood at the MCG. A win will give it some respite but even then, it won’t be regarded particularly well being against an opponent carrying the burden of an injured playing list. A loss would be a disaster. The Demons have gone from a six/two win/loss ratio and a strong percentag

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Previews 3

CLEAN HANDS by KC from Casey

The Casey Demons headed into town and up Sydney Road to take on the lowly Coburg Lions who have been perennial VFL easy beats and sitting on one win for the season. Last year, Casey beat them in a practice match when resting their AFL listed players. That’s how bad they were. Nobody respected them on Saturday and clearly not the Demons who came to the game with 22 players (ten MFC), but whether they came out to play is another matter because for the most part, their intensity was lacking an

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Casey Articles
  • Tell a friend

Love Demonland? Tell a friend!