Hawks v GWS Should Have Been Cancelled

whereas GWS are now stuck with the 6 million dollar man.

And let's hope he falls apart and they can't rebuild him .

Cheers

None of us like what HWMNBN did in taking the money and running out on the club who gave him his chance. But Jeesh, we need to take some chill-pills here boys.

I only listened to the Hawks v GWS game on radio and it sounded like he was in the play a fair bit and doing OK. Let it go! He is gone and he will probably be an OK footballer.

Unfortunately for his sake I don't think he will reach a high level until the 5th or 6th year because he will be playing alongside other developing boys. He has basically stuffed up what could have been an elite career but he chose the $.

Stop it!! I get depressed at the mere thought. Hopefully the young Viney will be the equal of Dustin Martin, because Martin should have been taken by the MFC.

Captain Retrospective takes to the skies again.

You wont let this go.So I'll give you yet another chance. Please show me anyone - a hint will do..even an inkling who suggested that we should have taken Martin before Scully prior to the draft. Waiting....

I dont criticise the Watts vs Niknat debate because at the time the experts couldnt split the two but this obsession that we should have done better with our number one pick is rear vision mirror gazing.

• Like 2

You wont let this go.So I'll give you yet another chance. Please show me anyone - a hint will do..even an inkling who suggested that we should have taken Martin before Scully prior to the draft. Waiting....

I dont criticise the Watts vs Niknat debate because at the time the experts couldnt split the two but this obsession that we should have done better with our number one pick is rear vision mirror gazing.

Its always a good point to make. This whole argument of should have/could have really has no end and is favoured by people with 20/20 hindsight. Cannot remember one person saying we should have got Martin. Only debate was Scull or Trengove at No.1

2 words. His character.

Was always dodgy.

We Fcuked up a number one pick that we all spent 2-3 years bleeding for.

If you are not bitterly disappointed at that, fine. But it is what happened.

I agree with nutbean and diesel and add this:

How do we know if we chose Martin as #1 that he wouldn't have then become Sheedy's principal target and gone the same way as Scully? The fact that he subsequently chose to stay where he is doesn't prove he'd have stayed if he was #1. I suspect a good deal of the GWS focus on Scully was because he was #1 and because Sheedy wanted to screw the Demons for having the sense not to employ him. It might not have mattered who we chose as #1. (If so, thank goodness the coin toss didn't come up with Trengove over Scully.)

(I admit I'm not very familiar of the circumstances around Martin and the timing of offer/signings or Scully v him.)

I actually liked a few things Floau did. Looked lost plenty of times but took a couple of good grabs and laid some nice tackles. Not sure if he will make it but has talent for sure.

I saw the article in HS about his contested marking etc.

He was absolutely putrid. I was watching the game and surely he should be in the back half. He never once led with any urgency and had no idea what position to be in. His massive legs on the other hand simply enormous. And hes trimmed down.

Yes it looks that way. Still doesn't change the fact that we totally blew a number one pick. Richmond got the man & i hate that.

Did they ever! The kid's a gun. As opposed to-you-know-who, he doesn't dance around packs, rather he gets his own ball.

If every other club had the #1 pick, they all would have chosen Scully (except maybe the SA clubs).

Nevertheless, what i find extremely damning, is that Prendergast didn't even talk to D. Martin.

Let's just say, that i am not all that upset that he has left the club, as i don't think he earned his coin whilst being the head recruiter. During his time, we had ample high picks (1st and 2nd round) and the jury is still out on many of them.

We cannot put Taggert & Tynan in the Prendergast group, as Neeld was the one who wanted to draft them, not Barry.

As of right now, our kids are not the best in the league, not by a long shot. Thank Christ we have got another 3 first rounders this year (presumably), allowing Neeld to fix the train-wreck that was Bailey and Prendergast.

Edited by Demon Disciple

2 words. His character.

Was always dodgy.

We Fcuked up a number one pick that we all spent 2-3 years bleeding for.

If you are not bitterly disappointed at that, fine. But it is what happened.

I am absolutely disappointed with the outcome.

Please point me to where you expressed your disappointment (or anyones disappointment) at the time we drafted him and i will shut up on this topic.

If every other club had the #1 pick, they all would have chosen Scully (except maybe the SA clubs).

Nevertheless, what i find extremely damning, is that Prendergast didn't even talk to D. Martin.

Let's just say, that i am not all that upset that he has left the club, as i don't think he earned his coin whilst being the head recruiter. During his time, we had ample high picks (1st and 2nd round) and the jury is still out on many of them.

We cannot put Taggert & Tynan in the Prendergast group, as Neeld was the one who wanted to draft them, not Barry.

As of right now, our kids are not the best in the league, not by a long shot. Thank Christ we have got another 3 first rounders this year (presumably), allowing Neeld to fix the train-wreck that was Bailey and Prendergast.

I have said it before and I'll say it again.

I don't think we have drafted poorly - I think we have developed our draftees poorly.

• Like 1

Guest gidon

GWS are on Excess Baggage tonight (ch 99). the first task was a simple kick to mark task. GWS players kicking to the contestants marking.

Money bags (who does not have dads build, skinny and still lkg like a boy) was kicking to K Fed (Britanny's ex partner). K Fed complained that his footy guy (money bags) did not kick one ball to him. Bad basic skills and an American with no idea of AFL correctly pointing out the obvious.

Funny indeed!!!

GWS are on Excess Baggage tonight (ch 99). the first task was a simple kick to mark task. GWS players kicking to the contestants marking.

Money bags (who does not have dads build, skinny and still lkg like a boy) was kicking to K Fed (Britanny's ex partner). K Fed complained that his footy guy (money bags) did not kick one ball to him. Bad basic skills and an American with no idea of AFL correctly pointing out the obvious.

Funny indeed!!!

Did they show the Dipper Incident?

Guest gidon

No they left the Dipper incident out, but did make mention that Dipper called a 'player' a [censored]. They didn't contextualise it though.

It was funny how the little weasel could not kick the ball 40 meters to his contestant.