James Magner

dazzledavey36

Anyone notice James Magner's boots? There unlike any I've ever seen. I'd love to get my hands on a pair.

No. Please describe what is unique about them?

No. Please describe what is unique about them?

They are totally black, and seem to be made out of some sort of really soft leather. They look super old-fashioned and really simple. They suit him to a tee, and I've never seen any other AFL player with boots like his.

They are totally black, and seem to be made out of some sort of really soft leather. They look super old-fashioned and really simple. They suit him to a tee, and I've never seen any other AFL player with boots like his.

I just watched his video on DeeTV and at the end it shows him putting on white boots with blue Adidas stripes lol

I thought they may have been these, but he may have changed recently?

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/afl/more-news/stars-excited-about-radical-new-boot/story-e6frf9jf-1226357181471

Edited by Jordie_tackles

I just watched his video on DeeTV and at the end it shows him putting on white boots with blue Adidas stripes lol

I thought they may have been these, but he may have changed recently?

http://www.heraldsun...f-1226357181471

He wasn't wearing either of those boots on the weekend. Keep an eye out for them. Fashionably unfashionable is how I'd describe them.

What is the deal with Magner being played as a defensive forward all the time.

He is a born hard ball getter, can get clearances and is a great tackler.

I don't understand why he needs to learn how to stop a rebounding defender, he is a midfielder that can win the ball, which is what we need at the moment.

Why does he need to learn to do this, will it really make him a better player ?

He is better off in the middle of the ground getting the hard ball and getting clearances and helping Nate Jones out.

Let the man do what he is [censored] good at !!!

• Like 2

I don't understand why he needs to learn how to stop a rebounding defender, he is a midfielder that can win the ball, which is what we need at the moment.

He is better off in the middle of the ground getting the hard ball and getting clearances and helping Nate Jones out.

Magner is the kind of guy who was born with grass in his teeth and ten blokes on his back. He belongs at the bottom of a pack with the ball clutched to his chest. He and Jones should be allowed to go where the ball goes and do whatever they can to get the damn thing out of the clinches.
  • Like 2

Magner is the kind of guy who was born with grass in his teeth and ten blokes on his back. He belongs at the bottom of a pack with the ball clutched to his chest. He and Jones should be allowed to go where the ball goes and do whatever they can to get the damn thing out of the clinches.

Amen to that !!!

He was one of if not our best player for the first couple of games when he was playing in the middle.

Mate, I don't disagree but I think it's more a comment on our forward stocks (or lack thereof). The ball just comes out too easy! If only Aussie hadn't opted out, if only Liam was fit and could chase, if only........

i agree i have no [censored] idea why he is playing as a defensive forward when we have guys like petterd and dunn that can play that role. magner should have went and tagged swan today.

I agree. It doesn't work. 3rd worst stats for the team today (just ahead of Moloney) and just 2 tackles and just one flukey goal in the second. But what do you do? Put him in the middle ahead of Moloney, Jones and McKenzie?

We should have used him in the middle in the last quarter. Instead we put Howe (who was stuffed for fitness) in the centre instead of Magner. Go figure.

Mate, I don't disagree but I think it's more a comment on our forward stocks (or lack thereof). The ball just comes out too easy! If only Aussie hadn't opted out, if only Liam was fit and could chase, if only........

But we have plenty of capable forwards.

Petterd last year was the king of forward pressure on his day, bring the man in and give him a decent run of games so he can return to some of his awsome form that has had in previous years.

It just baffles the mind.

• Like 2

But we have plenty of capable forwards.

Petterd last year was the king of forward pressure on his day, bring the man in and give him a decent run of games so he can return to some of his awsome form that has had in previous years.

It just baffles the mind.

Once. It was pretty spectacular with 13 tackles inside 50 but that was it.

Ricky can play but he is a downhill skier. Would like to see him full time as a mid because as a forward, if it ain't going well for him he can't insert himself in the game

Guest Gotzy15

This thread may raise a few eyebrows but i am getting increasingly frustrated with James Magner. I know many have been singing his praises all year but for a mature age player with a big body he is not contributing enough and if anything just compounding our problems in the midfield. We already have Moloney,jones,trengove,Sylvia and Mckenzie to do the bullocking work in the middle. Magner doesn't do it anywhere near as well as those players and he gives us absolutely nothing on the outside in terms of run and spread. His disposal is poor,he fumbles constantly and he completely lacks class to influence a game.

I love his attitude and his effort but unfortunately I can't see any upside in magner and he's only going to keep outside runners like blease,grimes and gysberts out of the middle going forward!tough call but I'd send him to the magoos.

This thread may raise a few eyebrows but i am getting increasingly frustrated with James Magner. I know many have been singing his praises all year but for a mature age player with a big body he is not contributing enough and if anything just compounding our problems in the midfield. We already have Moloney,jones,trengove,Sylvia and Mckenzie to do the bullocking work in the middle. Magner doesn't do it anywhere near as well as those players and he gives us absolutely nothing on the outside in terms of run and spread. His disposal is poor,he fumbles constantly and he completely lacks class to influence a game.

I love his attitude and his effort but unfortunately I can't see any upside in magner and he's only going to keep outside runners like blease,grimes and gysberts out of the middle going forward!tough call but I'd send him to the magoos.

you do face the green bit when watching the game?

Magner has been playing as a defensive forward, he did it yesterday, as long as Neeld keeps picking him, I'm happy, once he is not or he thinks another player will be better at the role, as you suggest he will be at Casey.....

• Like 3

He's been on an AFL list for far less time than those you mentioned, so i'll cut him some slack.

I'd prefer him to keep his spot based on the fact he tries, than the usual suspects who only seem to give 100% when it suits

as long as Neeld keeps picking him, I'm happy, once he is not or he thinks another player will be better at the role, as you suggest he will be at Casey.....

This is basically it. I couldn't really care less about the form of our 15th-22nd best players. If he's struggling then he'll be shifted out for a bit, probably for Couch. Certainly not worth grandstanding-style threads titled "xxx is our biggest liability".

Guest Gotzy15

Highest disposal tally for the last 6 games is 17.

Averaging 13 disposals a game since round 2.

Kicked 2 goals since round 1.