Jack Trengove For Captain

Range Rover

It's time for the MFC to be bold and promote a new generation of leaders. At the head of them should be the man who will be the club's heart and soul over the next 10 years ... Jack Trengove. Forget that he's 20 years old, he's a born leader and will take to it like a duck to water.

Like Carey and others before him, if you're good enough ... you're good enough.

http://www.afl.com.a...13/default.aspx

art-svTRENGOVE-420x0.jpg

Edited by Range Rover
  • Like 1

It's time for the MFC to be bold and promote a new generation of leaders. At the head of them should be the man who will be the club's heart and soul over the next 10 years ... Jack Trengove. Forget that he's 20 years old, he's a born leader and will take to it like a duck to water.

Forget the interim, stop-gap approach. Like Carey and others before him, if you're good enough ... you're good enough.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/126913/default.aspx

Patience Grasshopper. Jack Trengove needs at least one more season under his belt yet. He will be captain though. But right now let him concentrate on just finding the pill.
  • Like 1

Forget the interim, stop-gap approach. Like Carey and others before him, if you're good enough ... you're good enough.

http://www.afl.com.a...13/default.aspx

Yes, yes and yes.

I still think that it will be shared, possibly with Beamer.

shared captaincy is not captaincy. The responsibility is halved.

A brilliant idea at St.Fail but please not at the MFC.

Fine.

Just give it to JT then.

Don't jump the gun just yet.

Let's find out who is in the leadership group first.

Like most I would think Trengove is a monty in a couple of years.

But Beamer has the runs on the board as an onfield lead by example type.

Shocking in front of the camera though. (Ditto Sylvia)

Grimes if fit gets a chance.

We need a midfielder someone who is around the play most of the time to show direction.

Leadership group is a good idea. Get him in there with Grimes and Jones, hopefully Frawley as well. Then put some of the older heads around them - Moloney, Jamar and maybe Green and Davey.

But I'm not sure we should burn him with the responsibility of captain. Another year to establish himself and to build the midfield up sounds like a better idea to me.

Have been a long time advocate of such an appointment.

+1

Leadership group is a good idea. Get him in there with Grimes and Jones, hopefully Frawley as well. Then put some of the older heads around them - Moloney, Jamar and maybe Green and Davey.

But I'm not sure we should burn him with the responsibility of captain. Another year to establish himself and to build the midfield up sounds like a better idea to me.

That's exactly what i was thinking in my earlier posts!!!

Let's go easy on the kid. He already does a fair few interviews.

Be brave, be bold, said it many times here before make it happen.

I hate this conservative mental attitude by many folk - lets wait one more year, he isn't quite ready, its the same as near enough is good enough lets just accept mediocrity

All garbage the kid is ready now, the generation around him see him as the leader, no else is close to what the kid will offer over many years. Be brave take a risk and reap the rewards or die trying, but atleast we had a dip if we do it now. If you want 'older heads' to surround him have Beamer, Jamar, Frawls and even keep Greeny in the leadership group to help him out.

• Like 1

You think he is ready for it Round 1 next year? I do not totally disagree. I would just hate to annoint the kid too early.

I suspect the man, already has better credentials than 90% of his team mates. Sports history is littered with successful, young leaders. We as supporters can really only go on his conduct on and off the field to which it's been bloody fantastic. Beamer on the other hand had the little hiccup this past season which, even though Neeld has a blank canvass, might not bode well against the criteria.

I don't know WYL, he just exudes leadership cred and I believe he would handle the responsibility effortlessly. However, saying that, if the Coach believes it could effect his playing performance then I'd be happy to wait until they are more comfortable.

He will be an MFC Captain.

• Like 1

Waiting another year to make a kid captain in his 4th year is not what I would call conservative. The kid maybe ready to be captain but it may be at the expense of his own development. Another year to let him completely focus on his own abilities rather than carrying a team on his shoulders makes the most sense to me.

• Like 1

Developing well but hasn't really shown anything so far out of the ordinary to justify such an early captaincy. I've enjoyed his comments and sentiments like the rest of you on here have but you don't give someone who has played 37 games the captaincy based purely on that.

If the club were to go with someone under 25, the only name worthy of it right now would have to be Frawley. Already All Australian and among the elite defenders in the competition at 23.

As I go on and on about - we should have a u/24 Leadership Group.

Trengove would be a monty for that obviously.

As for the captaincy...

This Pre-Season will be telling, those that can stay fit and can be seen to be having an impact on the track, on the field, and around the club, will be putting themselves up for the captaincy.

I don't like joint captaincies but if the FD or Neeld thinks it is the best of adequate options then so be it.

I don't think that anybody outside the club would have the faintest clue about who should be captain. They are all just guessing based upon a combination of:

a- Media conference performances, and

b- Their favourite player.

Anyone arguing passionately for a particular captain is delusional.

• Like 1

Does that mean that Moloney is the only other choice for Captain though? who else would be ahead of Trengove?

I wouldn't be surprised to see a Moloney (capt)and Jones (v capt) combination.

Edited by hardtack

I wouldn't be surprised to see a Moloney (capt)and Jones (v capt) combination.

thats it HT, i think Trengove could easily be VC aswell, but preseason is "Jones Time" He will make a good impression on the new coaching panel with his work ethic ect.

Edit - and even though last season was awful.....Green is respect alot around the club, i get that vibe...

People seem to right him off but he starts with a clean sheet atm

Edited by Jordie_tackles