Smokies in this draft or Rookie picks - my pick Lin Jong (from 2011)

jayceebee31

Steady on JCB. I didn't say that, but thought his endeavor & basic skills were good and his workrate was high and consistent. An interesting kid.

Observations from my only venture to the U-18 's this year. Until the Etihad games, anyway.

There seems to be lots of choices this year, feels like more than most years?

Hey,this is the guy you thought was a beauty,we saw him at Visy park.not Etihad !

Lin Jong certainly fits in with jcb's traditional policy of simply backing the bloke with the funniest name. Serhat Temel anyone?

Lin Jong certainly fits in with jcb's traditional policy of simply backing the bloke with the funniest name. Serhat Temel anyone?

Although I think this could be classified as a racist statement,I do accept that I did put up Serhat a couple of years ago,but I never thought you wouldn't comment on names since your fellow mod,WJ, put up the name of Zyrus Waylen Manson.I would have loved to see you take on the boss in this respect.Maybe you have eaten too many rotten Tasmanian apples. This would be your only excuse.

Furthermore, maybe, just maybe, you could look at these fine young footballers whom may have been new to this country and value what they are doing for football. The AFL is trying to turn the game into a world game and, I for one would love to see our club, MFC, try to gain Chinese athletes to try out our game.

I suggest you view-http://www.bomberbli...pic=60646&st=60, to gain further insight seeing you are so far away from the mainland and don't get the opportunity to watch these young possible draftees.

As for Serhat Temel, I am not the only one whom thought Temel had ability and 1 supporter thought he should be No.1 selection for this draft,refer.. post_old.gif 27 Jul 2011, 23:51 #11

Splendini vbmenu_register("postmenu_21751918", true);

BigFooty Legend

rank-veteran-medallion-chevron.png

Carlton Blue Grit

Re: Number one draft picks

Serhat Temel

On the early bootswagon

Therefore, I suggest, you should not stoop so low and be so scarcastic.

Edited by jayceebee31

Although I think this could be classified as a racist statement,I do accept that I did put up Serhat a couple of years ago,but I never thought you wouldn't comment on names since your fellow mod,WJ, put up the name of Zyrus Waylen Manson.I would have loved to see you take on the boss in this respect.Maybe you have eaten too many rotten Tasmanian apples. This would be your only excuse.

Ut

Take care jayceebee. You have no grounds for making that allegation. You should withdraw it.

Mihocek, Tipungwuti, Raikiwasa, Dobosz, Bolger, Schloithe.

Plenty to work with when picking by names!

Agree and good luck to all of them.I hope some of them make it.

Edited by jayceebee31

Take care jayceebee. You have no grounds for making that allegation. You should withdraw it.

I think ,you are Keith Richards, away with the birds.

Hey,this is the guy you thought was a beauty,we saw him at Visy park.not Etihad !

Yeah, I know John, but I didn't think he was the best thing since sliced bread.... But I thought he was definately one of the best players that day and worth noting. Very good athleticism, etc...

I just wasn't equating him to Jonathon Brown.

Although I think this could be classified as a racist statement,I do accept that I did put up Serhat a couple of years ago,but I never thought you wouldn't comment on names since your fellow mod,WJ, put up the name of Zyrus Waylen Manson.I would have loved to see you take on the boss in this respect.

I expect Jack would've just taken it as a tongue in cheek comment as it was intended.

I expect Jack would've just taken it as a tongue in cheek comment as it was intended.

You are such a racist!

Actually, pointing out someone likes players with funny names is more like Namism...

And that is damning.

Or is it Van Dammeing?

No, just damning...

Sorry JCB, I'm not disagreeing with what your saying, but I don't want to talk him up that high. I haven't seen enough of the kids to compare over the past twelve months.

Lin Jong looked impressive on that day, I agree with you. As did the little red head? But I haven't done the study to back a player that highly.

You've seen more games than me, so I'll trust in your impressions.

Several possible rookies trained with us today- Lin Jong wasn't one- however did notice Fletcher Roberts was there.I refer to this clipping with regards to his background.http://www.smh.com.au/afl/afl-news/dragons-charge-to-tac-cup-victory-20110925-1krrj.html

You are such a racist!

Actually, pointing out someone likes players with funny names is more like Namism...

And that is damning.

Or is it Van Dammeing?

No, just damning...

Glad you are on my side for once- very much appreciated.

I think you will find he was taking the [censored].

Read his post again.

Firstly thanks for your thoughts - however he is a senior administrator of this site.He has responsibilities like you & me.If I had of posted something like that R.R or another Mod would have taken my guts for garters.They also need to show protocol.Have a great day and again,thanks

I think you will find he was taking the [censored].

Read his post again.

I was aware of that- Rpfc & I go back along way.Don't worry I won't let Dorothy get me sucked in.That is why I sarcastically went back to him with my remark.I am too smart for her.

Edited by jayceebee31

That's exactly how I took it.

Believe me jayceebee31 if I thought there was any racism in those or any other comments I would have done something about it.

I think it would be great for the game if Lin Jong made an AFL list and the same goes for Freddie. It's just sad that the late Jack Dyer is no longer around to do football commentary because if he was and Freddie's playing, it would put the radio station off the air.

That's exactly how I took it.

Believe me jayceebee31 if I thought there was any racism in those or any other comments I would have done something about it.

I think it would be great for the game if Lin Jong made an AFL list and the same goes for Freddie. It's just sad that the late Jack Dyer is no longer around to do football commentary because if he was and Freddie's playing, it would put the radio station off the air.

Fair point - I took it literally. I strongly do not believe anyone should muck around like Nasher did. To me that is not funny - ha ha.

I was aware of that- Rpfc & I go back along way.Don't worry I won't let Dorothy get me sucked in.That is why I sarcastically went back to him with my remark.I am too smart for her.

Dorothy? Girl jokes?

Forget racism, you're getting into chauvinism territory...

Jaded and SoonieMcFloo-whatever will not be happy...

• 2 weeks later...