NAB Cup Draw 2012

old55

Gee the AFL are trying to make the most of the Melbourne v Brisbane rivalry... after both clubs amicably agreed to terms on a trade for Clark. Numpties.

The Melbourne v Collingwood perhaps has a little more bite. It will also be a good test to see where we're at.

Edited by Thrice

A few interesting things to note from the fixture:

Skilled Stadium is now officially Simonds Stadium for those who haven't heard.

GWS and Gold Coast meet at Lavington (Albury) in Round 3

Port Adelaide v Fremantle possibly to scrap over the fat rats clacker's cup at Victor Harbour in Round 3

Essendon v St.Kilda at Wangaratta in Round 2

Sydney v North Melbourne at Bruce Purser ? in Round 2

Adelaide v Brisbane at Alice Springs in Round 2

North Melbourne v Western Bulldogs at Nth Ballarat in Round 3

West Coast v Port Adelaide at Mandurah in Round 2

edit: Bruce Purser is at Castle Hill.

Edited by H_T

Have you been to Metricon since the upgrade Vagg? Would like to know your thoughts. I've been there once, sat behind the goals/scoreboard end, thought it was great. A lot more atmosphere than the Gabba!

Yes, Billy. Went to the Suns vs. St Kilda match with my daughter and a bunch of her friends. Yep, very impressive set-up. The playing surface has always been great. But, now with the new stands, it's a first class facility. Would just be good to get the stands put up all around the ground. Think that's supposed to happen if we get the 2018 Commonwealth games.

I had also been keen to see Skilled Stadium (the stadium at Robina built for the Thugby). But, absolutely no desire to go to a thugby match. So, when a mate invited me to join him for a soccer match recently, I jumped at it. Again, a top facility (albeit with a toy, rectangular playing field! LOL)

The Gold Coast is therefore now blessed with two stadiums that are both first class. But, it's the one with the REAL footy field in the middle where I'll be showing up the most often...!

Have you been to Metricon since the upgrade Vagg? Would like to know your thoughts. I've been there once, sat behind the goals/scoreboard end, thought it was great. A lot more atmosphere than the Gabba!

I have been to both quite a few times, obviously living here, and think the Gabba is a much better ground. I just think that the complete grandstand holds in a lot more noise whereas at Metricon the gap as well as space under sails maybe opens it up for less echo?! Anyway, off topic, and I suppose I havent been to a 'full' Metricon yet. But regarding the NAB fixture, wrapped I'll be able to trundle down to get an early taste!

Strange that no nab cup games will be on free to air.

That's a Fox Sports page - maybe the games not denoted "Fox Sports" are FTA on 7? Maybe different games into different markets where the times clash? Maybe on 7-two?

Anyway ours are all on Fox Sports

Or maybe you're right and those games are just not on TV

Edited by old55

That's a Fox Sports page - maybe the games not denoted "Fox Sports" are FTA on 7? Maybe different games into different markets where the times clash? Maybe on 7-two?

Except the grand final :lol:

I thought I read somewhere that no games that have been fixtured would be on FTA. No word on the GF though.

Yes, Billy. Went to the Suns vs. St Kilda match with my daughter and a bunch of her friends. Yep, very impressive set-up. The playing surface has always been great. But, now with the new stands, it's a first class facility. Would just be good to get the stands put up all around the ground. Think that's supposed to happen if we get the 2018 Commonwealth games.

I had also been keen to see Skilled Stadium (the stadium at Robina built for the Thugby). But, absolutely no desire to go to a thugby match. So, when a mate invited me to join him for a soccer match recently, I jumped at it. Again, a top facility (albeit with a toy, rectangular playing field! LOL)

The Gold Coast is therefore now blessed with two stadiums that are both first class. But, it's the one with the REAL footy field in the middle where I'll be showing up the most often...!

Interesting,are there many that go to the games, non Gold Coast fans? Is this the hope that they'll get GC to be fan's second club?

Will be great to see some preseason footy for a change.

Havent been to Metricon yet so should be good. Hopefully we win which would make it even better.

With any luck there might be an open training session where we can meet the players.

Bring on season 2012.

Edited by DemonOX

I'm happy that we get a couple of games in Melbourne vs Pies and Hawks. Will be a good experience for the players and will hopefully be a good test of our new hard style under Neeled.

Interesting format, can't say it lends the same sudden death tension though. But probably confirms what everyone sees of the competition.

Interesting,are there many that go to the games, non Gold Coast fans? Is this the hope that they'll get GC to be fan's second club?

Yeah, Brisbane was my second team, but they've now dropped to third behind the Suns. Gotta encourage the local mob. I think there's a lot of Gold Coasters of the same mind-set. It's just great to have a team based locally, and put it up to the raving thugby-ites...

Beautiful 2 games on the coast in 1 day, hoping our's r back to back then won't have to watch other scum running round, there's ONLY ONE TEAM IN MY EYE.

Any body no if NAB games included in interstate membership 4 Tickets????