2012 Draw snippets

beelzebub

Oh well yes there is THAT! But the novelty could wear thin if Blacktown is 24 goals down at /4 time!!

But that is the point exactly! I will be watching this and loving it, because I get the feeling that we could see a new "world record" winning margin.

• Like 1

Oh well yes there is THAT! But the novelty could wear thin if Blacktown is 24 goals down at /4 time!!

286 has a nice ring to it.

Might have to wait for whan they play the Cats for that though and I'm sure it won't be fixtured at Kardinia Park.

Brisbane First Up at the 'G'

http://www.afl.com.a...41/default.aspx

"The AFL said the clash has not been deliberately contrived, having already been set in the fixture before the Clark trade."

Err.. Yeah, right.

• Like 1

CamSchwab Putting the final touches on the next stage of our ongoing commitment to Darwin. Makes sense for @melbournefc at so many levels

CamSchwab Original commitment was for 2 games over 3 yrs, which we played in 2010 & 2011, the first 2 of agreement. Would like to maintain momentum

CamSchwab Those who haven't been to Darwin, try and get there. Great experience. Book it when the fixture comes. Always fantastic feedback.

CamSchwab Putting the final touches on the next stage of our ongoing commitment to Darwin. Makes sense for @melbournefc at so many levels

CamSchwab Original commitment was for 2 games over 3 yrs, which we played in 2010 & 2011, the first 2 of agreement. Would like to maintain momentum

CamSchwab Those who haven't been to Darwin, try and get there. Great experience. Book it when the fixture comes. Always fantastic feedback.

kills us for weeks after playing in darwin, the sooner we scrap it the better

I tend to agree, can only be played the week before the bye....Otherwise the players are knackered, which i fully understand having spent time in the kimberleys...

Brisbane round 1 at the G would be a perfect start to the season.

But I won't believe it till I see it.

Remember it was reported a week before last years draw came out that we were playing Sydney at the SCG in round 1. Then when the draw came out, it turned out we were to play them at the MCG.

What about players being drained the week after?

2004 Western Bulldogs Port Adelaide

The week after - Port travel to the MCG and beat Collingwood. Finish top. Port were 2nd, Collingwood 11th. Dogs beat North by 5 goals. Finish 14th. Dogs were 14th, North were 10th.

2-0

2005 Bulldogs Carlton

Bulldogs lose to St Kilda. Finish 9th. Dogs were 11th, Saints were 9th. Carlton lose to WC over there. Finish last. Blues were 16th, Eagles were 1st.

0-2

2006 Bulldogs Port

Bulldogs beat Adelaide at the G. Finish 8th and make a semi. Dogs were 8th, Adelaide were top. Port lose to Collingwood after the siren. Finish 12th. Port were 11th, Collingwood were 7th.

1-1

2007 Bulldogs Freo

Bulldogs lose to North (who make a prelim). Finish 13th. Bulldogs were 7th, North were 9th. Freo beat Carlton. Finish 11th. Freo were 11th, Carlton were 14th.

1-1

2008 Bulldogs Port

Port lose to North. Finish 13th. Port were 13th, North were 10th. Bulldogs beat Melbourne. Finish 3rd. Bulldogs were 2nd, Melbourne was last.

1-1

2009 Bulldogs Port

Port lose to Geelong at Geelong by 5 goals. Finish 10th. Port were 10th, Geelong was 2nd. Bulldogs beat North. Finish 3rd. Dogs were 3rd, North were 12th.

1-1

2010 Melbourne Port / Bulldogs Port

Melbourne lose to Geelong at Geelong. Finish 12th. Melbourne were 9th, Geelong were top. Port lose to Richmond. Finish 10th. Port were 8th, Richmond were last. Dogs beat Freo. Finish 4th. Dogs were 5th, Freo was 4th. Port beat Adelaide. Port were 14th, Crows were 10th.

2-2

2011 Richmond Port / Melbourne Port

Richmond lose to Sydney. Finish 12th. Richmond were 9th, Swans were 6th. Port lose to Calrton. Finish 16th. Port were 16th, Carlton were 4th. Melbourne lose to Hawthorn. Finish 13th. Dees were 9th, Hawks were 3rd. Port lose to Adelaide. Port were 17th, Adelaide were 14th.

0-4

8-12 overall record.

Clearly, good teams get up and do the business as needed, and generally poor teams have played there anyway. 8-8 overall untill this year, but even this is an anomaly given that the three teams that played there finished 12th, 13th and 16th.

Good teams will do the job.

• Like 1

2004 Western Bulldogs Port Adelaide

The week after - Port travel to the MCG and beat Collingwood, the week after they beat Adelaide in the Showdown. Finish top.

Dogs beat North by 5 goals. Finish 14th.

2-0

2005 Bulldogs Carlton

Bulldogs lose to St Kilda. Finish 9th. Carlton lose to WC over there. Finish last.

0-2

2006 Bulldogs Port

Bulldogs beat Adelaide at the G. Finish 8th and make a semi. Port lose to Collingwood after the siren. Finish 12th.

1-1

2007 Bulldogs Freo

Bulldogs lose to North (who make a prelim). Finish 13th. Freo beat Carlton. Finish 11th.

1-1

2008 Bulldogs Port

Port lose to North. Finish 13th. Bulldogs beat Melbourne. Finish 3rd.

1-1

2009 Bulldogs Port

Port lose to Geelong at Geelong by 5 goals. Finish 10th. Bulldogs beat North. Finish 3rd.

1-1

2010 Melbourne Port / Bulldogs Port

Melbourne lose to Geelong at Geelong. Finish 12th. Port lose to Richmond. Finish 10th. Dogs beat Freo. Finish 4th. Port beat Adelaide.

2-2

2011 Richmond Port / Melbourne Port

Richmond lose to Sydney. Finish 12th. Port lose to Calrton. Finish 16th. Melbourne lose to Hawthorn. Finish 13th. Port lose to Adelaide.

0-4

8-12 overall record.

Clearly, good teams get up and do the business as needed, and generally poor teams have played there anyway. 8-8 overall untill this year, but even this is an anomaly given that the three teams that played there finished 12th, 13th and 16th.

Good teams will do the job.

So you're saying we won't get the job done, are you?

.....just kidding you

I tend to agree, can only be played the week before the bye....Otherwise the players are knackered, which i fully understand having spent time in the kimberleys...

Thin excuses, in my view.

Brisbane won three flags playing in Qlds legendary humidity every second week...

• Like 1

Yes i read the stats 45...But have you been up there for any length of time??

Oppressive heat is just that...The team(s) we play after a Darwin trip will be licking there lips...Don't notice the Financially well off clubs playing up there much....

Brisbane round 1 at the G would be a perfect start to the season.

But I won't believe it till I see it.

Remember it was reported a week before last years draw came out that we were playing Sydney at the SCG in round 1. Then when the draw came out, it turned out we were to play them at the MCG.

Well this was posted on Facebook by the AFL with a link to the article on their site... so hopefully they have got it right.

Edited by hardtack

As I wrote that post and researched it, I had a feeling you'd completely ignore it in favour of baseless assumption.

I am not ignoring it at all...But it gives our next opponent a distinct advantage...That is my main concern.

If the club wants to do some work in Darwin, do some of it now while they are playing footy up there.

Yes i read the stats 45...But have you been up there for any length of time??

Oppressive heat is just that...The team(s) we play after a Darwin trip will be licking there lips...Don't notice the Financially well off clubs playing up there much....

WYL - they don't play there because they can get 30k to a game against PA. And the Hawks play those games in Tassie, the Tigers in (oh noes) Darwin and Cairns. We are not in the position to spurn Darwin's money.

I am not ignoring it at all...But it gives our next opponent a distinct advantage...That is my main concern.

If the club wants to do some work in Darwin, do some of it now while they are playing footy up there.

I think that 45 is saying that it doesn't give our next opponent a distinct advantage because the history hasn't shown that.

• Like 1