McLean & Bruce

baysidedave

What, like Bruce kicking the MFC while it was down? Did that stance flow through to the Geelong game, at all?

At least those two left when the going got luke-warm, and didn't try and pretend to be leaders.

Probably shortened their own careers too. Careers.com.au.

Are you dead set? Bruce kicking the MFC while it is down?? In what way? He asked for a deal... MFC said no we we'll give you this deal... he said ok no thanks I have another deal that will give me what i feel is longer to earn $$, I will take it.

How in goodness name is that kicking the MFC while down??

FFS what the hell does Bruce leaving for a better deal in his mind have to do with the MFC getting flogged by one of the biggest margings ever???

And as to McLean I thought he was given the word he was not a deadset for a spot.. he shopped himself around and found a willing taker... again what know?

Blame? I'd shake Bailey's hand for driving that soft pretender out of our club, no blame, praise.

"Soreness" yeah, sore nerves.

If we were in a final this week, Bruce would be Cpt or Vice leading us out. Can't crack a spot at Hawthorn.

That's how far we still have to go.

Soft pretender was being lauded as a Brownlow hopeful at one point. [censored].

So you blame one player for the malaise that rests over the entire organsiation?

Soft pretender was being lauded as a Brownlow hopeful at one point. [censored].

So you blame one player for the malaise that rests over the entire organsiation?

A Brownlow hopeful, at one point.

Well rip off my trackies and smack my arse, I've been taught a lesson.

I don't rate the Brownlow to begin with, much less remember those whom were once hopefully going to win it.

I assume you're referring to the form he was in before he got roughed up by Guerra, then he turned to jelly.

My point was if he was still with us and we'd snuck into the finals, he would be leading us out.

Yet he can't get a game for Hawthorn because they know what it takes in finals. We are so far away from that.

And people are still sad that he left.

Anyway I'm glad he's gone and hope those hurt by his departure can one day find happiness.

Mclean - His limited future in AFL was demonstrated in his final years at MFC where he was reduced to minor tagging roles and was not seen as a necessary fixture in a developing midfield. Slow, does not hurt you by hand and foot and has perennial soft tissue injuries. MFC did a great deal to get a first round pick for him from Carlton. Too slow for AFL and finished.

Bruce - Good servant at MFC but apparently mercenary for his own causes. No leadership material. Has been injured this year after being very durable at MFC. May struggle for another contract at Hawthorn. Suggest he is finished too.

Brucey is a fair chance to sneak in for a game. There is some crap talked here. It's our own fault we are where we are. We pushed junior to have green and Bruce on the vets list. They should have sorted a deal or not with Bruce before pushing jnr out. I for one hope Bruce gets another year. After all anyone who plays 200 games for NFC is no mug.

Bruce was injured most of this year. You are a low grade supporter. He is out injured this week. Tdhe club didn't really want another great servant of the club. I suggest you look at his record. I hope he gets his reward at the Hawks, he deserves it in my opinion

I'm not a low grade supporter thank-you very much, supported the club since I was born. fought tooth and nail to stop merger and have been a member for 20 years so keep your insults to yourself. If you knew anything about football you would know no-one misses out on a finals berth for "soreness". He left the club and threw a few backhanders along the way so he deserves everything he doesn't get and that includes support from real MFC supporters so shut your mouth buddy.

Edited by baysidedave

Bruce was a very good players for Melbourne over the years and represented great value from a pick in the 60's.

However, there were signs last year that he was coming to the end and I fully support the club offering him a one year deal rather than two. His form at Hawthorn this year supports this view. He has lost pace, his kicking is poor and there are much better options at Hawthorn in midfield and defence.

He would have got more games at MFC this year but I'm not confident that he would be a best 22 player next season.

Bruce was a very good players for Melbourne over the years and represented great value from a pick in the 60's.

However, there were signs last year that he was coming to the end and I fully support the club offering him a one year deal rather than two. His form at Hawthorn this year supports this view. He has lost pace, his kicking is poor and there are much better options at Hawthorn in midfield and defence.

He would have got more games at MFC this year but I'm not confident that he would be a best 22 player next season.

So I add to your post - thank you for your contribution Cameron. I have no problem with what the club offered and I have no problem with you going because you believe you can get an extra season or two out of Hawthorn.

Thank you for your efforts Brock - You think that pastures are greener at Carlton - Carlton offered us a draft pick which we happily accepted and we all move on.

No hard feelings on either of them.

So I add to your post - thank you for your contribution Cameron. I have no problem with what the club offered and I have no problem with you going because you believe you can get an extra season or two out of Hawthorn.

Thank you for your efforts Brock - You think that pastures are greener at Carlton - Carlton offered us a draft pick which we happily accepted and we all move on.

+1

+2

old dee is clearly favourite for the DEMONLAND NICE GUY AWARD........even has a good word for things Collingwood ! Personally , i'm happily bitter and twisted !

Dee-eee there are a lot on here that would give you an agrument on that one.

I try not to let my dislike of somethings ( like collingwood ) get in the road of acknowleging a good result.

Take Collingwood in the time Eddy has been in control they have gone from a loss making concern to a power house.

Won the flag last year and will give it a shake this year.

Except for the fact there a million of them and they drive me crazy I would be very happy for the MFC to emulate them.

Lots on here hate Eddie because he stands up for the pies and everything they do even when they are in the wrong.

Hell That is his job, pity we did have an Eddie around in the 10 years before Jim had to take the mantle.

Concerning McLean & Bruce...The club made the right calls.

Mclean left & a quick deal was done, which i am sure Carlscum are not proud of.

Bruce was offered a contract that he did not accept, and went elsewhere to try his luck. His choice all the way.

I am glad the MFC did not sweeten the deal for Bruce & held firm. What we offered Bruce was probably more than he was worth anyway.

But he could have been a one club man, and he alone chose not to be.

Bruce was offered one year at Melbourne, will Hawthorn keep him next year??

If not Trakkie Dacks will have made a very poor decision in hindsight.

I'm not a low grade supporter thank-you very much, supported the club since I was born. fought tooth and nail to stop merger and have been a member for 20 years so keep your insults to yourself. If you knew anything about football you would know no-one misses out on a finals berth for "soreness". He left the club and threw a few backhanders along the way so he deserves everything he doesn't get and that includes support from real MFC supporters so shut your mouth buddy.

Bruce missed selection due to soreness in his injured knee that has kept him out for most of the season. He put the team first just like he did in 2000 when he felt he wasn't quite fit enough to play in the GF. This was after he and Brad Green starred when we came from behind to beat Carlton the week before. You can't tell me that after a great game last week he wouldn't even be named as an emergency. Come on mate have a fair look at the situation here.

His kicking and work by hand were very unreliable for the last 3-4 years.

He never had the killer instinct and would usually miss running into goal.

Wouldn't have helped the Hawks much tonight.

Well..cant say I'm inclined to shed a tear for either. Its not to be particularly bitter or such just observant of the notion that both got a case of the sooki la las for their respectiver reasons and went. Brocks turn of loyalty probably caught most off guard. But he'll finish his career probably wondering if maybe he beat his chest a bit too much. Bruce, I distinctly remember his positions come contract times. In the end the karma fairy smacked him and I cant say I care that much.

Both made their beds.. both hvae fallen out of them. Such is life