Coburg Tigers v Casey Scorpions

KC from Casey

The Casey Scorpions sustained a shock defeat when these teams met at Casey Fields. They need to win this one if they want a top four berth.

COBURG TIGERS vs. CASEY SCORPIONS

Saturday 13th August

Mantello Holden Oval, Coburg at 2:00 PM

COBURG TIGERS

Backs McGuane Thursfield Griffiths

Half backs Farmer Tanner White

Centreline Wheeler Power Masters

Half forwards Clifton Miller Jordan

Forwards Carnell Morton Browne

Followers Hore Rayson Webberley

Interchange (from) Cartelli Contin Daniels Fahey Groves Hicks McErlain D Murphy Nason O'Rielly Thomas Westhoff

CASEY SCORPIONS

Backs Morton Warnock Macdonald

Half backs Nicholson Mohr Blease

Centreline J Wall Bennell Jurrah

Half forwards Bate Fitzpatrick Petterd

Forwards Gawn Fevola Bell

Followers Campbell Jetta McKenzie

Interchange (from) Baumgartner Corry* Davis Lawrence Lees McDonald McGough McNamara Nicholls Panozza Petropoulos Stockdale Tynan

* 23rd player

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ohhh, I like this, Sooo Much!!!

Morton possibly playing on his brother to try to fire him up!

I hope this happens!

Jurrah on the wing where he can run hard both ways, getting his workrate up and get some miles into his efforts.

Like It.

Fitzy @ CHF... excellent.

Rohan Bail returns after a long break.

COBURG TIGERS vs. CASEY SCORPIONS (Reserve Grade)

Saturday 13th August

Mantello Holden Oval, Coburg at 11:00 AM

COBURG TIGERS

Backs Morris Saville Duhau

Half backs McErlain Lawton Groves

Centreline M Ambrose McLeod Grosso

Half forwards D Murphy Jordan Contin

Forwards Dahl Daniels Hicks

Followers Westhoff Cartelli Thomas

Interchange (from) P Ambrose Bisetto Garland Lirosi Lucin Price Pound Robortella Sullivan Wood Xuereb

CASEY SCORPIONS

Backs Bell Riseley Bail

Half backs Lindsay Tynan Johnston

Centreline Gent Baumgartner Matthews

Half forwards Lees Campbell Fieldsend

Forwards Purves Waite Cook

Followers Cleven McGough Collins

Interchange (from) Allen Bolton Carew Clay Dowse Hill McShane Patti Pollard Purdy J Roberts Weekes

Good to see Bail back.

Didn't DB get smashed for starting Jurrah on the wing v Geelong?

Two observations

- named position often bears mo resemblance to starting position: Fitzpatrick was named on the wing last week, and though I didn't witness the game I would be pretty confident he didn't start, or certainly spend much time there.

- coburg VFL ain't Geelong AFL

And named in a forward pocket not even full forward or centre half forward, what's going on Fev isn't in the Casey Reserves as well is he?

I don't know - do you really think Morton, if he plays at Casey, will be in the back pocket?

Or that Bennell will play in the centre?

These lineups are rarely accurate.

meanwhile Jack Darling

Hows Daniel Rich going??

Wait a few seasons and let Cooky build some mass. If you compared Watts first season to Darlings, you would take Darling every time... but how about now? Watts for sure.

meanwhile Jack Darling

meanwhile James McDonald from the rookie list - 200 games plus and captain - your point ? ( I actually understand your point - but nothing infuriates more than retrospective drafting - there will always be players we could have had and players we have that others could have had)

meanwhile James McDonald from the rookie list - 200 games plus and captain - your point ? ( I actually understand your point - but nothing infuriates more than retrospective drafting - there will always be players we could have had and players we have that others could have had)

Retrospective drafting is after the fact; posters on this board were screaming for Darling to be drafted before the fact.

Retrospective drafting is after the fact; posters on this board were screaming for Darling to be drafted before the fact.

Don't try to tell me they were better informed than our recruiting department.

Darling just had a high profile.

And some poster screamed for Fev and Akermanis - so we were the only bunnies that passed up on Darling ? So he has so far proven to be ok - There will be a hundred genius's on here who will say - I said we should we have picked up ......yet we only hear of the pick that has made it ( and he aint quite there yet"

So I will say - before he went to Brisbane, to all those who were screaming for Fev - put your hands up and say

"and then there is Fev"

And some poster screamed for Fev and Akermanis - so we were the only bunnies that passed up on Darling ? So he has so far proven to be ok - There will be a hundred genius's on here who will say - I said we should we have picked up ......yet we only hear of the pick that has made it ( and he aint quite there yet"

So I will say - before he went to Brisbane, to all those who were screaming for Fev - put your hands up and say

"and then there is Fev"

Was that directed at me? I didn't want Fev but I did want Darling, whether he turns out the player I think he will be remains to be seen, but he appears to be the sort to fit in to the current style of the game.

i've said this many times before, I don't care what the other clubs did, I don't care if they passed up on a player or not, good recruiters are those that can see the talent in a player when no one else can. If we are going to give big raps to our recruiters then they should get it right, in particular with their high draft picks and God knows we've had plenty of them lately.

Where's Wona?

Was not in either side last week and no appearance again!

Last week he was "feeling a little off" after the Geelong game.

He is becoming the invisible man.

Any one know what is going on?

I guess there was a reason for that.

They don't want to know Robbief.

Tomorrow he will be cutiing us up and our selection is playing in the Casey reserves today.

There needs to be some big reversals over the next couple of years before we catch up!

good recruiters are those that can see the talent in a player when no one else can.

Yes - and part of this is being able to imagine what a player will become when his weight becomes proportional to his height. Recruiting the likes of Darling (or Luke Tapscott for an example closer to home) is the easy part of the business because what they will be is often what they already are. Seeing attributes you like in a body that isn't ready yet is the tricky part. That is why so many people are throwing themselves off cliffs over us recruiting Cook over Darling - because they are unable to see Barry's future vision for the player.

Just to be clear I'm not saying that Cook was a good choice, I'm saying there's no way we can tell whether he was a good or bad choice until he develops further.