• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Gary Ayres - coach?

Mono

Gary Ayres is coaching at port melbourne, he's been there for a while. Just saw an interview, where he said he is definatly intrested in the Melbourne coaching job, but not intrested in the adelaide one(been there before?)

He's been getting good results at port melbourne, i'd be happy to have him as coach.

I'd definately have him before Eade, Port haven't lost a game this year and I would be happy for him to be coach. He did a good job at Geelong but left to go to Adelaide for more money, had the curse of Victorians coaching AFC, they never get a real chance and people all around them at the club stab them in the back until they are forced out.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess you don't rate coaching at VFL level as being in the game.

The AFL.

VFL is a different kettle of fish.

Malthouse deemed sitting out of coaching, being the Director of Coaching as being out of it.

Said he wouldn't try to go back into coaching after a year out of it.

All of this is from memory, mind you.

I think he said it on SEN.

Based on the OP's criteria, would prefer him as a player rather than a Coach. Ayres has had his day as a coach and been found wanting at the top level. We surely can do better than Ayres cant we?

Would you say- Bailey was as good.. I think he could definately be a possible punt along with a good sidekick..

Would you say- Bailey was as good.. I think he could definately be a possible punt along with a good sidekick..

Is it relevant what Bailey was like as a player?

I dont want the Club to "punt" a coaching position particularly to a coach who is a 2 time failure at AFL level.

I want the best coach around.

i have my money on Mick Malthouse....He keeps sticking up for the battling clubs!!! i think he is showing signs of being very interested.

Bizarre. His past two coaching roles have been with the richest football admins in the country. He is smart enough to go where the good money is.

What signs has he shown that he is very interested in Melbourne's coaching? Can you provide me with a media link where he has said or indicated this? This is big news.

Bizarre. His past two coaching roles have been with the richest football admins in the country. He is smart enough to go where the good money is.

What signs has he shown that he is very interested in Melbourne's coaching? Can you provide me with a media link where he has said or indicated this? This is big news.

Work it out yourself Rhino, he has been giving little moments in the media all year.

Are you implying MFC money is no good??? Now that is a big statement!

Edited by why you little

Work it out yourself Rhino, he has been giving little moments in the media all year.

Like...Do you have the links?? ...Sounds like more of your melodrama WYL?

Are you implying MFC money is no good??? Now that is a big statement!

Why do you make up silly implied versions of others posters view? Does it make your position feel more plausible?

Given today's press is reporting Malthouse is getting over $1 million a year, can MFC afford that if it already can rattling the can to save Scully? Also given Malthouse's preference for well financed football departments, why would he take a salary hair cut and a reduced FD budget to coach MFC? The closest the players get to Arizona is a travel brochure in the physio's rooms.

All MM has said is that he has not ruled out coaching again when his current contract expires. He has said nothing about coaching another club like MFC directly or by implication. If anything his pronouncments have been designed to stir the pots at his current home.

Strawman, Rhino - the club is not rattling the can to save Scully.

It's an issue of whether we can pay him enough under the salary cap.

Obviously Malthouse's $1.1mil salary would not come under the cap.

Continue.

Edited by e25

Based on the OP's criteria, would prefer him as a player rather than a Coach. Ayres has had his day as a coach and been found wanting at the top level. We surely can do better than Ayres cant we?

I hope so Rhino. Ayres has had his chances at the top level, and come up short. Being a successful coach in the VFL certainly doesn't imply success in the AFL (there's a chasm between the two levels). As an illustration, we already have a three time VFL premiership coach amongst our assistants, but his name never comes up as a prospective senior coach.

Like...Do you have the links?? ...Sounds like more of your melodrama WYL?

Why do you make up silly implied versions of others posters view? Does it make your position feel more plausible?

Given today's press is reporting Malthouse is getting over $1 million a year, can MFC afford that if it already can rattling the can to save Scully? Also given Malthouse's preference for well financed football departments, why would he take a salary hair cut and a reduced FD budget to coach MFC? The closest the players get to Arizona is a travel brochure in the physio's rooms.

All MM has said is that he has not ruled out coaching again when his current contract expires. He has said nothing about coaching another club like MFC directly or by implication. If anything his pronouncments have been designed to stir the pots at his current home.

Geez you really are rambling on today Rhino...Lift your game son

Rattling cans?? Where? Sometime i read your posts and think you actually want this club to fall over!

MM has made many statements this year that are a little different to his norm....Sharing Anzac Day...worried about the gap between top and bottom sides....draft concessions to struggling clubs...

Enough for me to put a few $$$ on him becoming our next coach...it's a bet, i take my chances on that.

If Malthouse was announced coach...our membership would surge no doubt, thus paying a wage for him and assistants.

What's your problem????

Foundation Dinner....... :o

Thanks for confirming there is no indication that he is actually interested in MFC. The rest of the floss was unnecessary.

You call the Foundation dinner a tin rattler do you Rhino?? I call it being proactive.

You have no style....

You call the Foundation dinner a tin rattler do you Rhino?? I call it being proactive.

You have no style....

It is a donation, WYL.

We do it well. But it is still a donation.

Edited by rpfc

It is a donation, WYL.

Of course it is a donation....every saturday i go to the 'G i donate, that's how it works. Members pay.

A tin rattle is had on a Punt Road intersection.

We can afford Malthouse,l regardless of Rhino's ramblings.

You have no style....

Its a fund raiser Precious.Dont fret

We can afford Malthouse,l regardless of Rhino's ramblings.

Will we go into debt WYL to do it?? Will you advise the Club on proper debt management??

It is a donation, WYL.

Indeed.

Its a fund raiser Precious.Dont fret

Will we go into debt WYL to do it?? Will you advise the Club on proper debt management??

You bet i would go into Debt to get a coach like Mick Malthouse & his assistants to this club Rhino it's 2012 next year & Free Agency is right around the corner.

If we want players to stay at the MFC or to attract players to our club we gotta go out there NOW.

Get your old head out of the sand Precious Rhino or else there will not be an MFC in 5 years.