The Tom Scully Saga © continues ...

old55

• Replies 813
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do GWS have another window after the season to sign players that come out of contract in 2012?

GWS DRAFT CONCESSIONS - This was updated August 2/3 this year (unsure of any amendments, but it wouldn't surprise me if there were more concessions that were added).

And they don't comeback on a par (online) with every other AFL side re: TPP and Rookie payments until 2019.

GWS DRAFT CONCESSIONS - This was updated August 2/3 this year (unsure of any amendments, but it wouldn't surprise me if there were more concessions that were added).

And they don't comeback on a par (online) with every other AFL side re: TPP and Rookie payments until 2019.

If we can hold our current form and manage to finish 14th we'll get pick 10 in the draft.

If we can hold our current form and manage to finish 14th we'll get pick 10 in the draft.

Or we could win our last two and go realistically as high as 10th, netting pick ~18. :) Positive thinking hey !

At the end for people that think two compensation picks is better than tom scully, the answer is he is a number one pick and two first round picks is not enough to replace him.

And who said we going to get two first round picks anyway.

At the end for people that think two compensation picks is better than tom scully, the answer is he is a number one pick and two first round picks is not enough to replace him.

And who said we going to get two first round picks anyway.

I am still hoping he stays with us....with a new Coach and a full preseason we may yet see a champion Tom Scully wearing nnumber 31.

I don't trust these sources but i thought i should share this link with fellow demonlanders

http://www.fanfooty.com.au/forum/index.php/topic,38515.15.html

After i read this forum about Tom Scully, my understanding is that Tom Scully has signed something and luckily it wasn't a contract, but at the same time the forum says that

Tom Scully wasn't happy about that and he inform demons what he has done, which might explain the defence of Tom Scully by Melbourne demons whole season and Tom Scully was trying to find a way to get out of that contract.

Geez, I just hope Scully can find a way to sign with Dees, but again this is just a rumour.

Edited by Dees

Geez, I just hope Scully can find a way to sign with Dees, but again this is just a rumour.

So you're regurgitating a two-month-old post in a rumour section from 'the fantasy site' of Fan Footy as some sort of confirmation that Scully has signed 'something'?

That's sealed it then.

So you're regurgitating a two-month-old post in a rumour section from 'the fantasy site' of Fan Footy as some sort of confirmation that Scully has signed 'something'?

That's sealed it then.

That's true but you can hardly expect someone to read through the 50,000 odd posts about TS to check each rumour. That would just be cruel.

I don't trust these sources but i thought i should share this link with fellow demonlanders

http://www.fanfooty.com.au/forum/index.php/topic,38515.15.html

After i read this forum about Tom Scully, my understanding is that Tom Scully has signed something and luckily it wasn't a contract, but at the same time the forum says that

Tom Scully wasn't happy about that and he inform demons what he has done, which might explain the defence of Tom Scully by Melbourne demons whole season and Tom Scully was trying to find a way to get out of that contract.

You seem like an innocent enough fellow, and you also seem to be in favour of believeing Tom's words - why then do you keep this thread going and bring up rumours from a footy forum that we at Demonland have already discussed?

You would be better served not bothering to post in this thread until there is some more concrete information.

You seem like an innocent enough fellow, and you also seem to be in favour of believeing Tom's words - why then do you keep this thread going and bring up rumours from a footy forum that we at Demonland have already discussed?

You would be better served not bothering to post in this thread until there is some more concrete information.

With that in mind, the same could be said for you and everyone else (myself included) who has posted on this thread. Everyone is making assumptions or relaying what 'sources' have told them. Unless you are relaying a direct quote from Scully, Stynes, Stynes, or Lyon... then really you could just be relaying information that is absolutely false. Journalist's have already been found to be relay false information by saying Scully had signed before GWS had even formally offered him a contract.

Anyway, back to my point... it's a public forum, and if he wants to post some information... then that is his right. Who cares if it re-iterates something that was posted previously... maybe someone new to these forum didn't read that originally, and Dee's just gave them some information that they didn't already know.

Get off your high-horse!

Unless you are relaying a direct quote from Scully, Stynes, Stynes, or Lyon... then really you could just be relaying information that is absolutely false.

Ummm - if you follow everyone of RPFC's posts on the matter you will find the only quotes RPFC is relying on is from Scully himself and chosing to believe what he has said.

Ummm - if you follow everyone of RPFC's posts on the matter you will find the only quotes RPFC is relying on is from Scully himself and chosing to believe what he has said.

Good, that is what I would expect to see... and I agree with him 100% in that regard. I still believe Tom will stay because that is all he has said he will do. Until I see concrete information that he is going, then I'll believe he is staying.

However, don't have a crack at Dee's just because he is posting some information that has been given already. Like someone else said... you can't expect someone to read every single post in all of the Tom Scully threads, because that alone would probably make you lose your sanity. Some people just need to relax a little. Doesn't hurt anyone if information doubles up does it?

Doesn't hurt anyone if information doubles up does it?

Its all good... ;)

I will pull you on information double up though - this thread has been doing the same laps for almost 3 months.

With that in mind, the same could be said for you and everyone else (myself included) who has posted on this thread. Everyone is making assumptions or relaying what 'sources' have told them. Unless you are relaying a direct quote from Scully, Stynes, Stynes, or Lyon... then really you could just be relaying information that is absolutely false. Journalist's have already been found to be relay false information by saying Scully had signed before GWS had even formally offered him a contract.

Anyway, back to my point... it's a public forum, and if he wants to post some information... then that is his right. Who cares if it re-iterates something that was posted previously... maybe someone new to these forum didn't read that originally, and Dee's just gave them some information that they didn't already know.

Get off your high-horse!

Some of what you have said doesn't apply to me for the reason that nutbean has already stated.

As for the 'high horse/don't tell others what they can say' that was not my intent.

This poster claims to have faith that Scully is to be believed and has issues with posters painting him in a bad light - and then he posts a link to a well-worn rumour on a footy forum.

If he wants to see less posters criticising and rumour-mongering about Scully - why post that?

It merely keeps the rumour-mongering going.

I have said all along that anyone can say anything (but I understand why those that run Demonland don't see it that way...).

Some of what you have said doesn't apply to me for the reason that nutbean has already stated.

As for the 'high horse/don't tell others what they can say' that was not my intent.

This poster claims to have faith that Scully is to be believed and has issues with posters painting him in a bad light - and then he posts a link to a well-worn rumour on a footy forum.

If he wants to see less posters criticising and rumour-mongering about Scully - why post that?

It merely keeps the rumour-mongering going.

I have said all along that anyone can say anything (but I understand why those that run Demonland don't see it that way...).

Cool, no worries :-)

My mistake for jumping to the wrong conclusion... I didn't know your standing on the whole situation. I must admit that I don't read the Tom Scully threads too often for the simple reason that they go around in circles and rarely provide anything other than rumour.

Anyway, cheers for clarifying

To Clarify - my post was in response to Old55 writing "Scully is not playing in the centre square - presumably because he needs to put on some body size before he can compete in there". I don't think old55 was saying that Scully needs to grow taller, he was talking about the size of his build, which is similar to Gysberts.

Well back to the key point that was side-tracked in the Scully v Gysberts comparison.

Do we agree that Scully will make his mark in the centre square as a starting midfielder? Is so, he's not playing that role now for some reason and is missing out on 30+ clearance contests per game.

It's hard to be critical of his long-term worth until he plays his key role. I've suggested a reason why he's not playing in there now - maybe other posters have other suggestions - maybe he needs to be within 30m of the fence at all times in case Gubby calls him, maybe he's afraid of heights and the MCG camber is too great for him to bear - I'm open to suggestions.

Well back to the key point that was side-tracked in the Scully v Gysberts comparison.

Do we agree that Scully will make his mark in the centre square as a starting midfielder? Is so, he's not playing that role now for some reason and is missing out on 30+ clearance contests per game.

It's hard to be critical of his long-term worth until he plays his key role. I've suggested a reason why he's not playing in there now - maybe other posters have other suggestions - maybe he needs to be within 30m of the fence at all times in case Gubby calls him, maybe he's afraid of heights and the MCG camber is too great for him to bear - I'm open to suggestions.

He's clearly injured and as of the end of last week finals are not even mathmatically possible. So time for a rest we gain nothing either way by playing him injured. MHO is he will stay

Funny how former Crow Rhett Biglands was "70% certain" Walker would go to GWS. I guess that's not as certain as Schwarz's "97%" on Scully.

And player manager Paul Connors, who was a main source for the Walker rumour mongers, said in June that Walker 'had already signed'.

And he is in the know is Connors...

Why would he stake his reputation unless he was right?

And those journos are just deafening at the moment rushing to say sorry to Taylor and the general football public for their baseless, excitable accusations...