Schwab in the gun

Why did we have to knee jerk with Bailey then. I didn't see supporters about the burn the club down. Most were pretty calm and realised that he was gone and were willing to wait the 5 weeks. I'm now more worried because Schwab has got a 1 year deal, what good can come of that.

theres obviously a lot that most of us arent privvy to. I sense there were areas that were coming to a head between some aspects of teh clubs admin and the fd , in particular teh Coaching, and therefore by definition Bailey.

Teams dont just forget to play footy overnight. We arent really 30 goals worse than Geelong. There is however something sytemic in nature that permeates through some levels of the club and teh club in its wisdom saw that dismissing Dean immediately would hopefully turn that tap off , if only for the moment whilst other areas /problems are worked through.

Schwab and Connolly - both good at talking the talk, but if their track record at Freo is indicative of anything then we're in trouble!!

Schwab must really rub some blokes up the wrong way, because from the outside looking in he seems like a really passionate, good CEO.

Chris Connolly is a good bloke, but i have no idea what his job would entail on a day to day basis?

Don Mclardy was on 3AW. They kept asking him why Schwab was out on Friday and was kept on for another year on Sunday. He declined to comment, or to dispute that the story was incorrect.

If the players are unhappy with Schwab, how can this work out?

Edited by DirtyDees DDC

If the players are unhappy with Schwab, how can this work out?

They play footy. Schwab doesnt. I see no reason why the players have to be mates with their CEO

The players have indicated there is friction between themselves and their CEO. That friction needs to be addressed for the club to move forward.

The club needs to be transparent now between it's departments...Places learnt within the structure and stick to it.

infighting cannot be tolerated by anyone.

The players have indicated there is friction between themselves and their CEO. That friction needs to be addressed for the club to move forward.

I dont agree.

The players should suck it up and worry about playign good football, not about weather they like Schwab

Irrespective whether Bailey deserved the sack or not is starting to look like he may be cliche scapegoat. Clearly there are other unresolved issues with the administration. I am disturbed that the alleged player rumblings don't seem to involve discontent against Bailey or the FD. We will have lots to talk about after TS is dealt with.

I dont agree.

The players should suck it up and worry about playign good football, not about weather they like Schwab

That's right, but conversely Schwab has to learn to keep out of strictly footballing matters. That seems to be the issue not the other way around, I am sure Brad Green and his mates aren't gate crashing board meetings telling Schwab and co how to run the club.

I dont agree.

The club asked for feedback last year from Miller and McDonald, and also last week from the leadership group, and they got it. They might not like it but they can't ignore it. Every successful organisation has 360 degree feedback. Melbourne shouldn't be any different.

As far as I'm concerned the players have no business being disenfranchised with the CEO. It's like students complaining about a teacher they don't like. Tough shizen I'm afraid. In life you come across people you don't get along with, but you have to make it work for the sake of business/life/whatever. If that truly was a protest by the players on the weekend then every single one involved deserves to be sacked for breach of contract. It is the job of the administration to make tough decisions which might not be liked be all. If Cam is interfering in the daily operations of the FD then that must also be addressed, but for the players to kick up a stink is childish, and if Scully doesn't like it then he can rack off to GWS too. YMMV.

PS - the club hasn't gone backwards this year because of Cameron Schwab. The members who don't re-sign next year, won't do so based on the absolute pathetic displays put on by two thirds of the playing group over the 22 games. I've never been as disgusted with the effort of 22 well paid, well resourced footballers as I have been over the past two weekends.

Edited by Brettmcg

The club asked for feedback last year from Miller and McDonald, and also last week from the leadership group, and they got it. They might not like it but they can't ignore it. Every successful organisation has 360 degree feedback. Melbourne shouldn't be any different.

If players are throwing games because they have issues with the administration then this is an extremely serious issue that needs action. Fruitless to sweep it under the carpet.

Edited by america de cali

If players are throwing games because they have issues with the administration then this is an extremely serious issue that needs action. Fruitless to sweep it under the carpet.

Yes this is the crux of the whole issue....The VFL side were just as bad. From tomorrow morning this must be cleared up...if others end up leaving, so be it.

Jimmy deserves so much better.

The root of the friction will not be met until after the Scully issue is dead and buried. One way or the other there will be more pain and will have to be handled carefully by Don and The Board. At least Todd will take it up to Cameron and will act to protect his players. I now believe that the Scully situation is fracturing the squad at a senior level and Tom must be aware what is happening around him. It is time now to bring the whole messy situation to a close.

I somehow think that the Board got it wrong and it maybe should have been Cameron to go and hold on to Dean for the next five weeks. The decision may have been made for practical reasons. (I don't believe it was a mateship decision.) It would have been totally unworkable to have not renewed Camerons contract and sack the coach as well as got rid of Chris. We have to have our required game list for 2012 with the AFL next week I think which would only be a small part of what is required week in week out from the Admin Dept. Cameron having his contract renewed for only one year is now on notice. Hopefully this will appease the players. I also hope that former players are not in the ear of the more senior players stirring the pot.

Ive only heard this via the grapevine ..etc etc.. but some of the angst might come from Cam's very high expcetations of what this club is and can be. Ive heard it niggles when he doesnt sense the same urgency or aspirations ( read timelines) in other depts. Again this might go to some having too cosey a ride in some respects. Some elements of the club suggest we need to get on with things quicker than some seem dto be doing so..

All a bit thrid hand though.. Heard from more than one ...make what you will

I find it amusing that a whole lot of rumours and allegations have somehow become 'fact'

We need to be cogniscent that some rumours may be true, some may be wrong and some may have a grain of truth

We must avoid just assuming that they are all true and let them go unchallenged

I have NFI which ones are true but I prefer to be sceptical unless a poster provides some corroborating info

A lot has been said about players being upset with CS or the 'administration' but so far I have yet to see anyone specify just what their complaints are. For all I know they are complaining about a lack of soap in the shower rooms.

Ive only heard this via the grapevine ..etc etc.. but some of the angst might come from Cam's very high expcetations of what this club is and can be. Ive heard it niggles when he doesnt sense the same urgency or aspirations ( read timelines) in other depts. Again this might go to some having too cosey a ride in some respects. Some elements of the club suggest we need to get on with things quicker than some seem dto be doing so..

All a bit thrid hand though.. Heard from more than one ...make what you will

The flip side of the coin might be that he doesn't know as much about footy as he thinks and thus his expectations are unrealistic and his involvement in the footy side of things - if he does get involved; he denies the Caroline Wilson account - counter-productive.

I find it amusing that a whole lot of rumours and allegations have somehow become 'fact'

We need to be cogniscent that some rumours may be true, some may be wrong and some may have a grain of truth

I have NFI which ones are true but I prefer to be sceptical unless a poster provides some corroborating info

A lot has been said about players being upset with CS or the 'administration' but so far I have yet to see anyone specify just what their complaints are. For all I know they are complaining about a lack of soap in the shower rooms.

I agree but sometimes you cant be more specific because the information will identify the source.

I can't see how honest feedback given off the field can mean that we threw the game against Geelong. I'll grant that our attitude was poor (especially our work effort off the ball), but so were our lack of size, lack of skill, and poor tactics.

Who the hell would know DC!

Sometimes it is the truth that hurts.Perhaps CS is irritating people with the truth.

Who the hell would know DC!

Sometimes it is the truth that hurts.Perhaps CS is irritating people with the truth.

That was something mentioned to me. With some theres a bit of a manyana view with some.. Not so much teh yeah yeah tomorrow ...but more..hey Rome wasnt built in a day.. with some relying a little too much on that idea.

Some folk like to get on with things today...now.. Theres always going to be a rucking of heads ..lol

And hopefully more than a couple of books ..In that way we might be able to craft together some semblance of the truth