The Jaeger O'Meara Thread

Bruce Almighty

The plot thickens. This could get very interesting from here on in.

The Mini draft doesn't finish til the last day of the trade week. I find that ridiculous that it's not done by day one of trade week.. For those who missed out on one of the 4, they'ld have time to reorganise themselves to do some trades in what is a weak draft year.

The Mini draft doesn't finish til the last day of the trade week. I find that ridiculous that it's not done by day one of trade week.. For those who missed out on one of the 4, they'ld have time to reorganise themselves to do some trades in what is a weak draft year.

that's the same for any trade... I don't see why the trades for these picks should be done any sooner... it is interesting that the mini-draft is held immediately after trade week, before the national draft...

that's the same for any trade... I don't see why the trades for these picks should be done any sooner... it is interesting that the mini-draft is held immediately after trade week, before the national draft...

It says here it's on the last day?

"The winner of the bidding process will have the opportunity to select O'Meara at a 'mini-draft' on the final day of trade week (Monday, October 17)."

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/119499/default.aspx

Guest hangon007

I'm backing Fremantle I reckon they know something we dont. Palmer is going & I reckon the priority pick will go back to GWS maybe with a sweetener.

Before we enter any mini draft and offer up picks and players, let's hope the club have the sense to ask him if he wants to play with us and would he stay more than two years in the event we select him.

I'd love to have him at the club and from what I've seen he would be a great replacement for you know who if he decides to leave.

I'm backing Fremantle I reckon they know something we dont. Palmer is going & I reckon the priority pick will go back to GWS maybe with a sweetener.

This makes good sense !

Guest hangon007
This makes good sense !

Its honestly just an opinion. Now we got to try and guess where the others will go.

IMHO ... you cant discount Port & Brisbane. Especially if Port come last ... that pick 4 would be might powerful to GWS reckon it would be ok for Port win/win deal for both clubs. Brisbane you cant discount if they lose Clark to GWS ... but I'm not sure that one is sign sealed and delivered.

• 4 weeks later...

This is a real headline from today's West Australian which I would like to see replicated one day over here - O'Meara shines in Demons delight although the context would need to be a little different because I would want to see the player in Melbourne Demons colours.

It tells the story of Jaeger O'Meara's WAFL debut in a losing Peel Thunder side.

Precocious teenager Jaeger O'Meara was outstanding in his WAFL debut for the Demons, impressing AFL talents scouts at the ground to watch the 17-year-old Dongara recruit in his first senior match.

O'Meara is too young for this year's national draft but has nominated for consideration under the Greater Western Sydney trade incentive scheme that will allow him to join an AFL club later this year.

AFL clubs can offer draft picks, players or both for one of four special selections that can be used on eligible players like O'Meara born between January and April, 1994.

O'Meara quickly picked up the pace of the game and finished with four goals in a livewire performance sure to attract further attention from potential AFL suitors.

The club's recruiters could really show their worth if they would manage to snaffle this kid, especially if we lose a certain player to the GWS pirates at the end of the year. If that happened a package deal of players could possibly be brokered to ensure that our  compensation was fair and reasonable in the circumstances.

IMO we would have no hope of getting him unless you know who leaves us for GWS. I can see the AFL helping us if that happens.

Jeez guys. All this 'You Know Who' talk. Startin to freak me out. Can't we just SAY who it is for goodness sakes and stop [censored] footin around!?

We all know you're talking about.... that most evil of evil doers. And if no one else has the guts to out him him, i will!

Voldemort! ....Voldemort Voldemort!!

There...i've said it! :mad:

This is a real headline from today's West Australian which I would like to see replicated one day over here - O'Meara shines in Demons delight although the context would need to be a little different because I would want to see the player in Melbourne Demons colours.

It tells the story of Jaeger O'Meara's WAFL debut in a losing Peel Thunder side.

The club's recruiters could really show their worth if they would manage to snaffle this kid, especially if we lose a certain player to the GWS pirates at the end of the year. If that happened a package deal of players could possibly be brokered to ensure that our compensation was fair and reasonable in the circumstances.

Abbs solutely !!!

Even Jamar.

Before we enter any mini draft and offer up picks and players, let's hope the club have the sense to ask him if he wants to play with us and would he stay more than two years in the event we select him.

I'd love to have him at the club and from what I've seen he would be a great replacement for you know who if he decides to leave.

I would assume that would be one of the questions they would ask

Jeez guys. All this 'You Know Who' talk. Startin to freak me out. Can't we just SAY who it is for goodness sakes and stop [censored] footin around!?

We all know you're talking about.... that most evil of evil doers. And if no one else has the guts to out him him, i will!

Voldemort! ....Voldemort Voldemort!!

There...i've said it! :mad:

Cracker

• 3 weeks later...

FYI

Gary Lyon on Triple M talking about Sam Mitchell GWS rumour mentioned Jaeger O'Meara and the GWS Incentive trades as described below on the AFL Website

7. Incentive to other clubs trading with GWS Giants in the 2011 and 2012 post-season:

GWS Giants to be given access to four 17-year-olds born in the January to April 1994 window, with all players to be traded to other clubs. Selections will be allocated to GWS Giants so the club can trade for established players, but the club will not have access to these 17-year-olds. If the four trades are not completed in the 2011 post-season, the balance of up to four trades may be used in the 2012 trading period.

May have all been said before but Gary does have an interesting view regarding what he believes should be put into any these incentive deals.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/123004/default.aspx

The part about GC using pick 4 as part of a package to get Jaeger is interesting. Can't really see any other clubs being able to compete with a bid like that.

An "after first round" compensation pick would, i.e. GWS finish last and it would become pick 2... i believe

Why these are the valuable ones