The Trade Thread

gOLLy

Rivers isn't untouchable.. He's just plain untradable. Now !! Ought have unloaded him years ago but most of you lot wouldn't hear of it.

Told ya so !!! :rolleyes:

*scoff*

Told who ? Yeah right. No one would hear of it because it wasn't feasible at the time. And you wanted him delisted ! Along with others wanting him to be traded ! In the meantime he has produced for us since OP. And has led the way from the start this season (dismissing 2 x games missed through injury).

But don't let me knock that Rivers chip off your shoulder!

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Weve all been proved wrong. No one is fit to wear that captains cap.

Bugger !

Fwiw, I voted Rivers. Pretty sure I was the only one. Yes, I'm putting my hand up. Scoff all you like.

Warnock could be of a bit of value in my opinion, if he was shopped around to teams struggling for size up back a la Carlton or Richmond. Really just a spare parts player here and could easily be replaced through McDonald, Davis etc

*scoff*

Told who ? Yeah right. No one would hear of it because it wasn't feasible at the time. And you wanted him delisted ! Along with others wanting him to be traded ! In the meantime he has produced for us since OP. And has led the way from the start this season (dismissing 2 x games missed through injury).

But don't let me knock that Rivers chip off your shoulder!

produced what...lol

god your easily pleased if you think hes anything other passingly mediocre.

hes slow.. easily niggled and not that far off Davey in the turn over stakes. His efficiency off foot hovers around 50% and handballs could use some working on. Ironically hes a good mind for anticpating..but alas hes not up to putting it to much use as his physcial atributes arent up to the faster game. Pity..but thats life

..no your right hes marvellous.

it that folk think hes at all better than somewhat decent marks the bar of this club where it is.

produced what...lol

god your easily pleased if you think hes anything other passingly mediocre.

hes slow.. easily niggled and not that far off Davey in the turn over stakes. His efficiency off foot hovers around 50% and handballs could use some working on. Ironically hes a good mind for anticpating..but alas hes not up to putting it to much use as his physcial atributes arent up to the faster game. Pity..but thats life

..no your right hes marvellous.

it that folk think hes at all better than somewhat decent marks the bar of this club where it is.

If you don't know what he has produced, what to look for and enabled in our backline, then I can't help you. He is a yard quicker in pace this year (although you probably wouldn't know), amazing what a full pre-season unhampered does. He leads the 1%'s down back and has been most consistent; even though Chip has started hitting his straps the last couple of weeks. He has been our best defender in 2011 to date. Bartram has been handy btw.

Laugh all you want.

funny..talk about Rivers and you introduce Barts and Chip ?? wtf..lol

I care little for stats..maybe our coaches ought to as well.. you lose focus.. Skills..beats stats anyday.

Just watching players is often better. ...as they say....seeing is beleiving. .

yep..ill keep laughing if its all right with you.

SOme of the posts in here are a joke!!

If a big fish from another club (im thinking like when Judd left west coast) is on the trade table then i think we need to make a play for them. Otherwise treat all offers on their merit. I cant see many of our players asking to be traded or any of the ones we might want to delist being worth anything?

Our list is almost at the point where we need to give them continuity, not keep adding young players in the hope they'l lbe better than the current group

I care little for stats..maybe our coaches ought to as well.. you lose focus.. Skills..beats stats anyday.

The one percenters don't go down on the stats sheet mate. Rivers has been good this year (when he has played), no doubt about it.

The one percenters don't go down on the stats sheet mate. Rivers has been good this year (when he has played), no doubt about it.

Am fully aware ..mate...what and how 1% are gathered etc. Rivers has ben pretty 'ok" on some days.. gone missing in action others this year. and some days...welll.......Lets not kid ourselves.

Whilst your counting those 1% btw..how about countiing the kicks 5m short of a chest.. or h-balls beyond the normal reach etc....lets count them too shall we..

what ? ..thats right...we just overlook all that stuff :rolleyes:

bloody hell...almost wish Bizzell was back !!

SOme of the posts in here are a joke!!

If a big fish from another club (im thinking like when Judd left west coast) is on the trade table then i think we need to make a play for them. Otherwise treat all offers on their merit. I cant see many of our players asking to be traded or any of the ones we might want to delist being worth anything?

Our list is almost at the point where we need to give them continuity, not keep adding young players in the hope they'l lbe better than the current group

DemonWA it is the older players like Davey that are letting us down.

The young guys are having a go.

Trade Davey while he still has some currency, pay half his salary he may look good to someone.

We got Grimes ( if only he could stay on the park )for Trapper

Don't think we could fool brisbane again but a top 40 pick might be ok.

Edited by old dee

Am fully aware ..mate...what and how 1% are gathered etc. Rivers has ben pretty 'ok" on some days.. gone missing in action others this year. and some days...welll.......Lets not kid ourselves.

Whilst your counting those 1% btw..how about countiing the kicks 5m short of a chest.. or h-balls beyond the normal reach etc....lets count them too shall we..

I agree that his skills are not the best but there are plenty of others with worse disposal than him, but he makes up for that with his influence on contests, bodywork, second efforts. These one percenters aren't apparent in quite a few our players and we need his attitude and work ethic around to build this competitive culture which is lacking at crucial times. I think he is just a role player, never going to be a star (though maybe he could have been before injuries hit him early) but teams need these role players and we need Jared, he is not feasible to trade.

any club can delist a player.

Not every club can recruit a Chris Judd.

Carlton can pay Judd a small fortune and still keep it's list together- for the moment.

We need to go buy ourselves a ready made champ. One goes around every year...we just need to find him and pay the $$$.

Champion players can make average players around them look good.

Maybe you should read the whole thread before making idiotic posts yourself.

And Moloney may win contested possessions, but what does he do with them?

Forget winning it in heavy congestion - even when he gets the ball 10m free on the wing, what does he do with the kick?

Personally, I'm all about doing whatever we can towards absolutely dominating in a couple of years time.

Even if it means winning a handful less games now.

Very easy to sit back and take pot shots at others for providing an opinion, but I'm yet to see your suggested list of tradeable players.

Let me guess, Bate, Dunn and Newton?

Very imaginative.

Apparently he is the 37th best kick in the AFL this year.....better than Gibbs, Tapscott, Cotchin and Judd to name a few

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/liam-jurrah-leads-top-100-kick-list/story-e6frf9jf-1226060435985

Guest Artie Bucco

Apparently he is the 37th best kick in the AFL this year.....better than Gibbs, Tapscott, Cotchin and Judd to name a few

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/liam-jurrah-leads-top-100-kick-list/story-e6frf9jf-1226060435985

I'm not exactly sure those stats are worth looking at.

Honestly, some of his kids would be fantastic if we had a Jonathon Brown to take pack marks when he bombs it to certain spots, but in terms of hitting a player up on a lead, he doesn't do it very often.

Just from watching him, I see that he is a long kick, but not a good kick.

Remember, there were stats that supported Cam Bruce as a good kick and Bartram also.

Why would a club offer a top ten pick for a player who struggles to get on the field?

He is either a great player who is worthy of a top 10 pick, or he is too injury prone to take a risk on, which is it?

Not that it matters, it's laughable to suggest that we'd even think about trading him.

He reads the play well, is tough but turns it over by hand and foot. If he's untouchable then we've got problems. I'm a fan but if the club thinks his body isn't upto it and a club offered pick 8 we'd be crazy not to consider it. In fact I'd guarantee they would consider it. Would they do the deal, not sure but they'd consider it without question

He reads the play well, is tough but turns it over by hand and foot. If he's untouchable then we've got problems. I'm a fan but if the club thinks his body isn't upto it and a club offered pick 8 we'd be crazy not to consider it. In fact I'd guarantee they would consider it. Would they do the deal, not sure but they'd consider it without question

Yes but to continue the merry go round here.....

If his body isn't up to it according to us then why the hell would another club off us Pick #8?

Yes but to continue the merry go round here.....

If his body isn't up to it according to us then why the hell would another club off us Pick #8?

They probably wouldn't. I just listed him in my "listen to offers" section and people wanted me to explain my thoughts, which I did.

I'm not exactly sure those stats are worth looking at.

In what way, it assess the difficulty of the their kicks and how often they should complete it successfully, then gives them a mark for how often they do it more than expected?

It is the latest efficiency assessment by Champion data

Surely the question is who (or what) do we want to trade in, before who do we want to trade out?

players out of favour who i would like.

Bernie Vince. Crows

Daniel Stewart. Port

Jessie White. Swans

players out of favour who i would like.

Bernie Vince. Crows

Daniel Stewart. Port

Jessie White. Swans

Jesse White would be awesome, the perfect fit of the player we require right now to bullock around the F50 crashing packs. Wanted the dees to go for him last year but nothing! Would be really happy to see us make a play but too early to speculate i think.

Maybe you should read the whole thread before making idiotic posts yourself.

And Moloney may win contested possessions, but what does he do with them?

Forget winning it in heavy congestion - even when he gets the ball 10m free on the wing, what does he do with the kick?

Personally, I'm all about doing whatever we can towards absolutely dominating in a couple of years time.

Even if it means winning a handful less games now.

Very easy to sit back and take pot shots at others for providing an opinion, but I'm yet to see your suggested list of tradeable players.

Let me guess, Bate, Dunn and Newton?

Very imaginative.

'Artie Bucco', what are you on, comon mate. Maybe your veiwing Moloney with past biased gogles on?

Moloney has been fantastic this year and his use of the ball is coming on in leaps and bounds.

By the Way, I heard Rudolf Nureyev wants to 'come out', of retirement, and has eyes for the Demons leadership job. :lol: Tim Harrington sees a resemblance to one James Hird.

You have a penchant for talking physchobabble tripe when you cannot win an argument. Your posts are almost everytime unreadable containing very little substance.

If you care little for stats, you care little for facts and therefore no focus on your behalf. Ok, so skills - as you put it - beats stats anyday, does it? Good. Then you would agree with me on Rivers and you would surely therefore agree with the coaches too.

Here's a snippet from the coaches review this week. Pretty much a true reflection on Rivers' season to date, which also follows on from his consistent 2010 form:

Jared Rivers: Jared was solid. He had some great tussles with the St Kilda talls. His distribution of the ball and his switching was excellent. Jared’s run and carry was also very good and his leadership was fantastic.

Yes, you're right ! Seeing is believing. Watching players is better !

So whether it's stats, skills and/or watching, you're well and truly covered BB.

Yet you wanted him delisted, and most likely, true to form you still do.

Laugh all you want princess.

To use something you use a great deal....'lol'

Rivers will play in our next Premiership side.

Rivers will play in our next Premiership side.

what year do yo suggest this is ?