Trengove suspended for 2 ... now 3 weeks

Neita3000

Thinking of making a banner for Saturdays game about not being able to tackle, anyone got ideas, i'm a bit stuck

How about we all wear belts with arrows - the one pointing up says "Too High" the one pointing to the groin says "No go area". We can then wear thigh high socks that say "No tripping allowed" and paint a target on our buttocks with the words "ok to tackle here and only here". We can offer the Kangaroos full body bumper jackets so that our players just bounce off if they try to tackle, with obligatory helmets. Although, since we are at Etihad, and it isn't our home ground, if someone gets hurt we aren't responsible are we?

:blink:

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

(Mostly) Melbourne fans and players absolutely unleashing on Twitter. This will be huuuuuge.

Might make a banner, but I'm sitting level 3...

Well there are probably a few legal ways to protest. What about after every Dees goal we all stand and start chanting Trengove.

All Dees supporters stand for the first 5 minutes of each quarter and chant AFL crap.

Demonstration outside AFL house.

Supporters stand near radio and TV broadcast boxes and scream out Trengove was robbed.

Bombard AFL house with emails of protest.

Bombard the press with protest emails.

etc.

Get Fev to "water" down the walls of AFL sHouse ?

Guest 36DD

that clown Tinneys argument that the game has changed and this case should be based on the game as it is now and not before was the most ridiculois argument compounded by the fact that he said Trengove could have used less force in the tackle. The game is played at the most frenetic pace than it ever has been so how does a player moderate the amount of force that he applies in a tackle at the pace the game is today.

Absolutely gobsmacked by this decision and the MRP should be lambasted until its disbanded after this. This is a farce but what seriously what do you expect.

This was the point I made to Tinney in an email I fired to him. The game is geared towards speed, rule changes have been made to speed the game up to make it more exciting. Additionally grounds have become harder to make the game even faster. The tackle by Trengove was not negligent or malicious it was executed by a supremely strong, fit and athletic footballer.

Should we ban weights coaches, core stability exercises, plyometrics, speed work, nutrition etc etc??? The game has changed, the rules have not moved with the times. Trengoves tackle is a perfect tackle in any era, we were always told to pin the arms as youngsters. The only thing that has changed is the power and strength of the players thanks to advancements in sports science and harder firmer grounds.

I would love to see the team for the whole game refuse to tackle.

Yes we would lose, so what. The afl would have to put up with so much media heat on top of supporters and the betting agencies and TV.

After the game have DB just say we could not afford to have any more players reported.

( I know this would never happen, but I would support the club if they did this.)

I would 2, that would be one Bailey game where the fans dont eat him alive...

Too much force?

If trengove did not turn him as quick as he did dangerfield would have got the kick away.

Dangerfields arm hit the ground before his head did...he had a free arm...

When he had possession of the ball, trengove had every right to tackle him...it was his choice to kick and not brace for the tackle...he was neglegent in his own duty of care!

The same result could have happened if trengove didn't grab his arm but wrapped his arms around him and pinned his arm to his side

what irks me is adelaide will play dangerfield this week, and the reason he is reported was due to high damage, if dangerfield doesnt play for three weeks it would make the punishment somewhat acceptable, but still unreasonable at best, how he can get three weeks for that when two elbows behind the play only get 1 and 2 week suspensions!

Good little example for everyone. Go through and count the number of tackles in this video that collect the arm and thus end up in a similar fashion. I counted 18.

Excellent research Striker!! Now send it to the Afl or Bartlett....love Wheels hip and shoulder too!

I hope someone on here knows how to get some reporters to convey some of our thoughts.

This is an absolute travesty

Twitter has gone into a righteous tizz.......

@MorningGlorySEN Morning Glory

Trengove cops 3 weeks, we are not joking

@3AWNeilMitchell

Neil Mitchell

Trengrove decision absurd. First offense. Didn't know player had lost the ball. Ridiculous

@Robbo_heraldsun

Mark Robinson

Twitter angst like never before... from dee fans and all fans...

lack of duty of care, said tribunal. lack of understanding, says most of the rest of us

Trengove still guilty.. so that means three weeks.... Wow. And Brown got two for elbow

@lehmo23 lehmo

Trengove gets 3 weeks!! Was Ashton Kutcher on the panel and has he yelled 'you've been punk'd' yet? #trengovegate

@therunhome therunhome

@MorningGlorySEN you might need AA on tomorrow - not Wednesday - to explain this one... a protest a parli house is looming #freetrengrove

@TheOx05 will breathe fire tomorrow night after @jtren9 getting three weeks for laying a tackle.

@emmasq Emma Quayle

Love the @DemonsHQ boys sticking up for Jack. Penalty way too harsh

@RalphyHeraldSun Jon Ralph

Would say it was the MRP picking on a lowly club to make a stand with the Trengove decision if Jim McDonald wasn't on the panel. Stinker

if you watch the replay of it on youtube jack tackles Dangerfield then jumps up and tackles number 33 the same way!!!!!!!!!!

so he was lucky not to get done with that one aswell LUCKY TO GET AWAY WITH THAT ONE

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Seriously?

Find me one person outside the 3 morons on the panel tonight who think Trengove's tackle was a suspendable offense, and for 3 weeks nonetheless.

I hope someone on here knows how to get some reporters to convey some of our thoughts.

This is an absolute travesty

Twitter has gone into a righteous tizz.......

@MorningGlorySEN Morning Glory

Trengove cops 3 weeks, we are not joking

@3AWNeilMitchell

Neil Mitchell

Trengrove decision absurd. First offense. Didn't know player had lost the ball. Ridiculous

@Robbo_heraldsun

Mark Robinson

Twitter angst like never before... from dee fans and all fans...

lack of duty of care, said tribunal. lack of understanding, says most of the rest of us

Trengove still guilty.. so that means three weeks.... Wow. And Brown got two for elbow

@lehmo23 lehmo

Trengove gets 3 weeks!! Was Ashton Kutcher on the panel and has he yelled 'you've been punk'd' yet? #trengovegate

@therunhome therunhome

@MorningGlorySEN you might need AA on tomorrow - not Wednesday - to explain this one... a protest a parli house is looming #freetrengrove

@TheOx05 will breathe fire tomorrow night after @jtren9 getting three weeks for laying a tackle.

@emmasq Emma Quayle

Love the @DemonsHQ boys sticking up for Jack. Penalty way too harsh

@RalphyHeraldSun Jon Ralph

Would say it was the MRP picking on a lowly club to make a stand with the Trengove decision if Jim McDonald wasn't on the panel. Stinker

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Seriously?

Find me one person outside the 3 morons on the panel tonight who think Trengove's tackle was a suspendable offense, and for 3 weeks nonetheless.

its going to be as hard to find than a priest that has never molested a boy.