Roos will coach the Demons

Guest DeesPower

Guest bonjohn

BonJohn I predict this will astound you!

A few weeks on the couch Paul Roos commented that Nathan Jones is one of the most under rated players in the AFL.

Roos has signed up for 3 years with various media outlets. This was a not a random term as he won't coach again until his kids have finished their secondary schooling in Sydney which would see him free to move his family from Sydney at the end of 2013.

also i used never said roos would or should coach melbourne.He was a phenomena at sydney because of my previous points

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Paul Roos is wrong.....Nathan Jones can bag one from outside fifty but his decisions are very poor.Underated means roos believes jones will someday become rated,according to what,to whom.

He is now borderline 4th picked midfielder at melb.What does roos mean,that jones can be Watson or Mitchell.It is obvious he will never reach these levels

BS inferiority complex garbage

What's so good about Watson, he plays for a 'big' club and has a famous name, therefore is glorified by the media that's what

You obviously do not know Lyon. What would Lyon add?

Lyon already mentors Scull. We need the OX (as I have stated several times before) to mentor Watts to improve his game. Ox was a little fella when he arrived at the Dees and look what he turned into.

Lyon already mentors Scull. We need the OX (as I have stated several times before) to mentor Watts to improve his game. Ox was a little fella when he arrived at the Dees and look what he turned into.

Is Theo doing anything around the club at the minute? Or is he just doing his stuff with SEN?

Is Theo doing anything around the club at the minute? Or is he just doing his stuff with SEN?

Not sure but he still loves the Dees as was evidenced by his signing of my copy of his book. He still clearly has a pssion for the Dees and they should even employ him on a part time basis to get him in there. I am sure we would notice a massive change in Watts.

If we played the way the Swans did I would go to the footy and just watch Jurrah, the rest of the play would be stoppage dominated rubbish.

The guy mentored Ross Lyon - who has given us some of the worst football we have ever seen.

I just don't see it, sorry.

We would well drilled, our structures would be great, but I don't think he has the answer to the question of the modern game.

What if Roos came in and we won the premiership. would you care how we played? I for one would be happy to see a premiership in my lifetime even if it is playing like the swans (dont get me wrong I am not a fan of the style but would be happy with the end result)

Not sure but he still loves the Dees as was evidenced by his signing of my copy of his book. He still clearly has a pssion for the Dees and they should even employ him on a part time basis to get him in there. I am sure we would notice a massive change in Watts.

I just wonder if he's a different sort of player. The view from what I understand on Watts is that his distribution is second-to-none and he'd play further up the field rather than in Theo's favourite role at the top of the square.

I just wonder if he's a different sort of player. The view from what I understand on Watts is that his distribution is second-to-none and he'd play further up the field rather than in Theo's favourite role at the top of the square.

Dont forget he also played CHF too.

What if Roos came in and we won the premiership. would you care how we played? I for one would be happy to see a premiership in my lifetime even if it is playing like the swans (dont get me wrong I am not a fan of the style but would be happy with the end result)

DemonOx the style we play at present is nothing wonderful to look at IMO.

DemonOx the style we play at present is nothing wonderful to look at IMO.

Hell I would just be happy to win a premiership and wouldnt care what style we play. Agree though that what we are playing at the moment is not fun to watch.

i dislike both Roos and Malthouse.

but mick is by far the better coach id take him any day over ROOS if both were available next year and bailey was to be released, the way roos carried on about the

umpires on the TV show the couch and during the richmond vs north game is a disgrace!Im all for umpire critics but the free was there

for high and in the back,he seems very bitter now he has left the swans.

but mick is by far the better coach id take him any day over ROOS if both were available next year and bailey was to be released, the way roos carried on about the

umpires on the TV show the couch and during the richmond vs north game is a disgrace!Im all for umpire critics but the free was there

Mick for me too DJL but I seriously doubt either of them will be available.

If MM leaves the Pies we will be out bid by Carlton.

Any way we will win the next 5 games and DB will get an extension.

Well I can dream carn't I!

FWIW the free kick you are talking about was paid for in the back, not high contact.

It was a text book case of the player with the ball ducking his head.

This detail was missed by most, so much so that Geesham released a statement to clear it up (which they also read on that show).

Paul Roos was something of a phenomena at Sydney.A recently retired player with immediate respect from both fan and playing group.

He was calm and with the calm came success,this was about the time Melbourne was looking for a new coach.

As we all know success breeds imitation and we decided to go for a calm coach.We need a hard nut who has been through an era of playing success,Hardwick was a miss and Wellman a significant loss .Our defense was our clear developmental winner last year though with the departure of Wellman it has regressed.

Now Wellman is a continued success at Essendon and a confirmed success at Melbourne in the past i believe he would be the ideal candidate,outside Malthouse.to gain the best from our list.

Bailey lacks the respect of the players,they do not play for him.his selections confound me.The lack of continuity for guys such as Gysberts,Petterd etc astounds me.The continued support of nathan Jones astounds me equally,The guy does not have it,yes he can occasionally bang one from outside fifty and look great though the VFL is littered with such.his decisions on the field mimic Baileys of it.

BAILEY OUT<NO DOUBT.WISHING FOR MALTHOUSE THOUGH WELLMAN IS LOGICAL>

WELLMAN STARTS HERE

Are you serious? Not even a proven coach, wow he can teach players defence, what about attack, goal kicking, structures, oversee of all coaching staff, passion? Maybe Wellman in a few years but not next year, dream on.

Guest bonjohn

BS inferiority complex garbage

What's so good about Watson, he plays for a 'big' club and has a famous name, therefore is glorified by the media that's what

i was trying to draw a parallel to the type of player jones is.he is tough ,no doubt,though to fulfill the promise people believe he has(not me) surely watson and mitchell would be examples of under rated players who have gone beyond.

if jones ends up as good as watson i will b very happy and will bare my plumbers crack to croydon.

watson is an elite clearance player and was good in a bad side and better in a good side.

Guest bonjohn

Are you serious? Not even a proven coach, wow he can teach players defence, what about attack, goal kicking, structures, oversee of all coaching staff, passion? Maybe Wellman in a few years but not next year, dream on.

o.k you no your footy,hird does not.our greatest strength last year was our defense,the reason people started to believe in was our defense and some people say defense is pretty important to flag success.

our only consistently cohesive group last year,not flash in the pan but strong ,developing and precocious.to me our defense has fallen off this year

Assistant coaches have roles .

hird has singled out wellman as the dude he thinks will coach from his group.

if he believes wellman can adapt,i do.

Paul Roos is wrong.....Nathan Jones can bag one from outside fifty but his decisions are very poor.Underated means roos believes jones will someday become rated,according to what,to whom.

He is now borderline 4th picked midfielder at melb.What does roos mean,that jones can be Watson or Mitchell.It is obvious he will never reach these levels

Ok I predict that this will ASTOUND you!

The team that went hardest after Nathan Jones before he signed a new contract between seasons was Essendon. The team where one Sean Wellman is an Assistant Coach.

Ok I predict that this will ASTOUND you!

The team that went hardest after Nathan Jones before he signed a new contract between seasons was Essendon. The team where one Sean Wellman is an Assistant Coach.

If I recall, didn't they also go after Mundy pretty hard ? It's arguable (or maybe it isn't) as to who they went harder at. I'm inclined to think Mundy.

FWIW the free kick you are talking about was paid for in the back, not high contact.

It was a text book case of the player with the ball ducking his head.

This detail was missed by most, so much so that Geesham released a statement to clear it up (which they also read on that show).

i know, i stated that i thought the free was there for both.

how many times do u see a player duck and get high contact paid >? 90% of the time atleast.

as for in the back the north player clearly puts his knee all over and in his back could have easily caused harm to martin.

geesham was forced to release a statement because Roos would have had almost every north melbourne supporter feeling like they had lost because of the umpires.

i know, i stated that i thought the free was there for both.

how many times do u see a player duck and get high contact paid >? 90% of the time atleast.

as for in the back the north player clearly puts his knee all over and in his back could have easily caused harm to martin.

geesham was forced to release a statement because Roos would have had almost every north melbourne supporter feeling like they had lost because of the umpires.

I agree the free for in the back was there.

I also agree they pay the head-duck as high way too often - actually it drives me nuts and players are exploiting it more than ever. I'm surprised you thought it was there...

I didn't realise Roos was commenting the game, only saw the OTC stuff.

• 3 years later...